Premier League 2019/20: Crystal Palace vs Man Utd

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Hopefully that's enough info for @Shoot so that he doesn't miss kick off.

After the setback comes the comeback

The challenge for Ole now is to lift the troops and go again against a Palace side who are pretty stubborn at times but don't have a huge amount of attacking quality if you can keep Zaha quiet which is easier said than done. Chelsea were very lucky to come away from this game with a win last week Palace should have taken a point from the game but they've got nothing to play for.

Utd with a cup semi final at the weekend need the win but Southampton highlighted some very tired legs and we probably all assume Shaw will be out after he limped off vs Southampton. I also think AWB, Matic and Greenwood looked very tired in that game so it'll be interesting to see if Ole does change it up this time.

My guess is we might see McTominay come into the midfield instead of Matic to give the big man a night off and we will likely see Williams come in for Shaw and I think they'll look to start Greenwood again assuming his ankle isn't in bits after that tackle by Romeu.

DDG

AWB Lindelöf Maguire Williams

McTominay Pogba

Greenwood Bruno Rashford

Martial

I wont be getting up at that feckin time in the morning to watch football.

Can’t do it on a grey, Thursday, summer morning in south London.

Always had you down as that type of fan

Now it says no time - Shoot is just going to be wandering around his house aimlessly in search of the football time!

If he wants all the info he can start his own threads or you know google the missing information.

Any guesses on the team? I think Matic will be the main one rested, possibly Brandon in. Hopefully we can wrap this up by 60 mins and get a load of subs on. Brandon may be the better option anyway as he overlaps and attacks much better than Shaw (even though Shaw has improved in this area of his game). Dan James in for Mason if he is struggling.

My prediction:
DDG
AWB - Harry - Victor - Brandon
Scott - Pogba
James - Bruno - Rash
Tony

Saw a report yesterday that said that Shaw wasn't 100% ruled out of this game.

I wouldn't want to start James he's in rotten form if Greenwood's ankle is ok after that horror tackle I'd start him again unless any of them are injured/obviously fatigued then I think you just put the best XI out again.

I think Matic will definitely be rested. Williams in for Shaw. Other than that not sure, Greenwood’s ankle may have swollen up after the game so yeah James would be in.

Fernandes also looked a little tired but hopefully we can wrap up the game after 60 minutes and he can have a rest up.

I agree, strongest team, try and win it in the first half.

I'm not bothered about the FA in the slightest. Especially with no fans

Is Garner available as cover? I'd draft him into the bench at least. Shaw rolled his ankle pretty good so it would be foolish for him to play so soon after that. Williams in for Shaw. McTominay in for Matic. Ighalo could get the start, put Rashford and Martial outside. Either way, looking forward to this.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fosu-Mensa starting over Dalot in a must win game says a lot

Iffy 1st quarter struggling to find any space against this Palace side.

Hopefully we will have worked out where the space is and can create a chance or two.

Maguire had 2 great chances from set pieces and didn’t hit the target on either.

Brilliant play by Rashford. Don’t really deserve it but ah well.

Another assist for Bruno which is just a given these days it seems!

Just been a grind all the way this palace side are hard to play against our full backs getting space but not really causing any trouble.

Martial playing well wants the ball all the time and driving at the defence.

Think we need more goals to win it but keep dominating the ball and chances will come just need to take them and put them to bed.

Lucky not to give away a pen on Zaha need to make sure we don’t leave our defenders 1 vs 1 with him to often as he’s so hard to control if he’s got space.

Would be nice to get that second goal early in the second half, don’t need some squeaky bum time like Monday night!

That went our way but god I hate these VAR offside calls.

VAR needs to feck off all together. For me using technology was never about splitting hairs. Some fecking joke decisions come from it.

We just look a tired team that energy and buzz has gone everyone looks on their arse but he doesn’t want to rotate as he knows it’s weakens his team.

Give the ball away to easily when tired.

Playing at a million miles an hour rather than just controlling the game I don’t think we really have that in our locker yet as a team.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back