Sideshow Bob

270px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png
V
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Monday, 17th February 2020
Premier League
Stamford Bridge
20:00 GMT

We obviously don’t know who will be available with so many on the verge of a return to full fitness.

I think we will see 3-4-1-2 which seems to have been the go to system in the bigger games.

DDG

Lindelof Maguire Shaw

AWB Fred Matic Williams

Fernandes

James Martial

Hopefully have players like Pogba and Ighalo on the bench to give us some options.

Massive game for our top 4 hopes for me it’s win or bust from that point of view if we don’t close the gap in this game I just don’t see us closing it enough.

DDG

AWB Lindelof Maguire Williams

Fred Pogba

James Fernandez Martial

Ighalo

Pogba isn't going to make this game.

DDG

AWB Lind Mag Williams

Fred Mctom Fernandes

Greenwood Martial James

Would be surprised if McTominay or Pogba made this game. Obviously would be a huge boost but not sure.

I don’t think we will play 5 at the back to be honest, think we will stick with the usual formation. Fair enough against Liverpool and City but think Chelsea can be got at so would prefer we stick with the tried and tested.

Pogba has said he expects to be fit and the videos from the training show Scotty looking like he’s ready to return. I’m hopeful one of them will at least. Scotty bossed it against Chelsea in the last game.

Mctom has been training with the team. I think he'll be fit.

From what I've read, Pogba will be back for city, all his work has been indoors so far, so no team/match training.

Pogba has said he expects to be fit and the videos from the training show Scotty looking like he’s ready to return. I’m hopeful one of them will at least. Scotty bossed it against Chelsea in the last game.

He's been training on his own as far as I'm aware doing non contact stuff I don't think they're expecting him back for this one.

My thinking with the back 5 is without Rashford we don't really have enough wingers to play both sides so it gets us 2 up front.

To be fair they’ve got Newcastle at home. We’ve got Chelsea away. Not exactly shocking choices.

I don’t think Ighalo will start, obviously won’t know until the team sheet is released but the musings from Ole sound like he may be on the bench.

I don’t think Ighalo will start, obviously won’t know until the team sheet is released but the musings from Ole sound like he may be on the bench.
I agree with you I don’t think he will start but martial inghalo James I think would be a good front 3 to start better then James martial mata

I think Martial should be dropped to the bench immediately. Let him watch and ponder why he has lost his place to someone who is prepared to mix it up and work hard to try and make things happen instead of a prima donna

I think Martial should be dropped to the bench immediately. Let him watch and ponder why he has lost his place to someone who is prepared to mix it up and work hard to try and make things happen instead of a prima donna
We should give him an after school detention show him some clips of players like Roy Keane so he knows what he has to do.

I don't know whether to listen to R5 as I normally do or treat myself to a NowTV day pass. They are runnig it with 5 monthe mobile access free.

Be gutted if I do that and we lose though!

Ighalo is in the travelling squad but Ole has been suggesting he might not feature but I think he will put him on the bench.

6 players not available McTominay, Pogba, Tuenzebe, Fosu-Mensah, Rashford, Grant.
Matic returns from his suspension.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Big game for Bailly. Glad he’s got the nod ahead of Jones.

Good to see options on the bench, just the introduction of Ighalo has given us a further option instead of looking at it and been like oh sheesh who’s gonna win us this game!

Put Martial as first scorer in my Scorecast bet as he will probably be looking over his shoulder now. Might wake him up!!

Assume it’s a back 3 with Shaw at centre back but could easily be 4-2-3-1 with Williams pleating high up but I reckon it’s a back 3.

There will be plenty of space expect it to be an open game really interested to see how Fernandes does.

Both teams are quite poor. The league may be closer (Liverpool aside) but the quality just isn’t there beyond Liverpool and City.

Martial absolutely stinking it up tonight having the ball taken off him far to easily by the Chelsea centre back.

Chelsea moving the ball much better than us going forward we look clueless.

One moment you look at Bailly and you think wow this guy. Then one minute later you’re like oh Eric Eric what you doing son.

Both teams are quite poor. The league may be closer (Liverpool aside) but the quality just isn’t there beyond Liverpool and City.

Think you see it with the quality of the attacking players the premier league hasn’t attracted the very best attacking players for a long time and season after season we lose the best ones to Spain. You look at the forwards on display for these two teams and think these are not guys at the very elite level.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back