Premier League 2019/20: Chelsea v Manchester United

Mr C

I did watch it yeah,

I don't think Maguire's is a foul. But because Son went off for a similar tackle he should have gone. But things like that happen in football.

I thought both their goals were ruled out correctly, he had two hands on Williams back, it was a foul.

I didnt think we were going to score, because we weren't getting anyone in the box, we need to change that. But I didn't think we'd lose either. Their forward (I can't spell) just didn't look like he would ever score. I felt different to the commentry went Kante went off. I thought mount would cause a few more problems, and he did. I think we had more possesion in the opening 20 - 30 mins.

I don't think it's a robbery because that makes it sounds like Chelsea deserved to win, and I don't think they did, both goals they scored for me we correct to be ruled out. But even if you allow the first it's still 2-1

I think Chelsea are going to struggle to keep that top 4 spot. It might be a bit easier for them now Son is injured, that is a real blow for Spurs. But Cheslea look worse than us! If we can get Rashford back soon I think we are in with a shout. But I doubt he'll back soon enough.

Cosmic Slop

We were the better team. Finishing *is* the game and Chelsea couldn’t finish. The VAR calls were right. They cut us open twice but failed to convert, so it was fine margins, but I’d argue that’s the case with most matches in the top flight - very few games are total blowouts. I also think Lampard showed his tactical shortcomings by persisting with Batshuayi (?) who was having a mare. No one got a grip on Bruno, and Matic & Fred we’re allowed to control the middle. Fat Frank needs to quit moaning.

Shoot

Did you actually watch the game out of interest?

I know you were toying with the idea of getting a day pass.

I watched it and the two key moments in the game went out way Maguire not getting the red and Zouma's equaliser getting ruled out both for me are 50/50 calls from a ref if either of those calls goes the other way I don't think we win that game.

I thought the opposite up until the point we scored I felt we aren't scoring in a month of sundays here we couldn't eve get near their goal and just felt eventually they'd create a good enough chance to score.

It's not trying to be negative it's a great result nothing wrong with stealing 3 points teams have done it to us this season but the lack of performance didn't make it feel like a corner was turned. It wasn't like the Spurs or City wins earlier in the season where the team played well and deserved the win which made it even more annoying when things went wrong.
Yes it could have gone the other way and Maguire get sent off, Zouma's goal was rightly ruled out but yes it could have been given. You also forgot that Bruno could have conceded a penalty. But hey, you need to take it when the decisions go your way, its bad enough when they dont!
We were playing Chelsea at The Bridge and came away with the 3 points with a decent performance, not a great one.
You give the impression that you have an expectancy we go there and steam roller them. This squad just aint good enough for that, but it is getting better.

Shoot

We were the better team. Finishing *is* the game and Chelsea couldn’t finish. The VAR calls were right. They cut us open twice but failed to convert, so it was fine margins, but I’d argue that’s the case with most matches in the top flight - very few games are total blowouts. I also think Lampard showed his tactical shortcomings by persisting with Batshuayi (?) who was having a mare. No one got a grip on Bruno, and Matic & Fred we’re allowed to control the middle. Fat Frank needs to quit moaning.
Now, you make some good points. It would have been worse if we played like Chelsea.

jsp

Yes it could have gone the other way and Maguire get sent off, Zouma's goal was rightly ruled out but yes it could have been given. You also forgot that Bruno could have conceded a penalty. But hey, you need to take it when the decisions go your way, its bad enough when they dont!
We were playing Chelsea at The Bridge and came away with the 3 points with a decent performance, not a great one.
You give the impression that you have an expectancy we go there and steam roller them. This squad just aint good enough for that, but it is getting better.
I don’t expect us to steam roller anyone pal I know this team has limitations but they were not up against the Chelsea side of 10 years ago. They are quite a weak side who give up plenty of chances and really struggle at home and I just felt in the 90 minutes we didn’t really cause them many problems we were just clinical with the chances we had.

I do expect Utd to compete with the opponent not just physically but also technically just felt Chelsea moved the ball much better than us on the night but the big moments went our way so you take it and move on but it doesn’t fill me with optimism that we’ve turned a corner.

Rammlied

Ballack, Lampard, Essien, Makelele, Obi key central midfield for Chelsea in 2006 to 2009 but United had strongly central pickup 2001 to 2003 by the Butt, Scholes, Keane, Veron after Tour 2003 United losing Veron to otherwise team replacement there was Phil Neville, Kleberson and Djemba-Djemba last one and Phil Neville competitors to holding midfield role with the strongly offensive centralism Scholes 8 or 9 season by the start 03/04 in United.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now