Sideshow Bob

180px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png
V
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Wednesday, 1st January 2020
Premier League
Emirates Stadium
20:00 GMT

Sounded like the withdrawal vs Burnley was a precaution there’s nothing official yet but my guess is he will start this one can’t see Matic going twice in 3 days.

I think we will see the return of 3-4-1-2

DDG

Lindelof Maguire Jones

AWB Fred Pogba Shaw

Lingard

Rashford Martial

Why the back three?

He seems to go for it in the bigger games and with Arsenal likely to play quite a few attacking players I think he will go safety in numbers at the back. I think he’ll want two strikers up top pulling their centre backs out wide.

Jones being the current 3rd choice centre back might mean he sticks to the back 4 and if he thinks Ozil will start he will likely go 3 in midfield and probably use Fred to try and press Ozil stop him getting time and space to find the 2 strikers.

Should be an interesting one, I'd be surprised if we didn't see quite a few goals hopefully it will be us first to score the arsenal fans soon get on their own players backs. Think pogba will start I'd also like to see Brandon start like the energy he adds to the team . As I write this results going in our favour let's make sure we capitalise on them.

Got a funny feeling Greenwood will start this one. Not basing it on any rumours, just a musing.

I read he didn’t travel with the squad to London, obviously it could be a red herring because he could have always been there. We shall see soon I suppose when the team is released.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Seems abit strange to me doesn't travel to Burnley same again tonight maybe I'm reading to much into it but why not travel anyway even if you can't play just to show your support?

Just heard what ole has had to say , doesn't fill me with much hope regards the pogba situation wouldn't be surprised if he leaves in this window I hope I'm proven wrong though.

I am not even sure I am that bothered anymore. He is one of our few creative players and fit and committed it's no brainer that he starts. But what we are getting from him atm is uncertainty. If he is actually injured I would like to see him there supporting his teammates and maybe standing in front of the cameras and making some commitment to the club.

This arsenal team are weak mentally. Get 1 and they’ll collapse.

I’d make all 3 subs. Williams, Periera and Greenwood

Piss poor. Lingard is a liability. Martial having one of those games where he looks lazy and rashford is no better. Shaw can neither defend or attack. Maguire can't head the ball, I still think smalling is a better defender. Midfield is slow and ponderous and needs strengthening by at least 2 players. I am bloody furious

Luke Shaw looks completely lost on a football pitch. Lingard offering nothing. Why didn't Ole tweak the tactics - we could all see the second goal coming? We are making this poor Arsenal side look good.

That was really bad. We are not set up right, we are not addressing the areas they are killing us in, and our midfield 2 have been god-awful. Matic & Fred should not be partnered but we also shouldn’t be playing 4231, which plays into their hands.

How many times have we needlessly given the ball away? Between Matic & Fred we are looking at probably 25 times already. I don’t know what Fred is doing.

I am not even sure I am that bothered anymore. He is one of our few creative players and fit and committed it's no brainer that he starts. But what we are getting from him atm is uncertainty. If he is actually injured I would like to see him there supporting his teammates and maybe standing in front of the cameras and making some commitment to the club.
Your absolutely spot on especially with the comments by his agent the other day, come out and say something come and support your teammates otherwise say what you want to say don't hide behind a wall of silence.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back