Premier League 2018/19: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Manchester United

They targeted Pogba on the radio again. You expect more from a player of that calibre. Has his head been turned again? would we be better moving him on and getting rid of the circus?

I completely agree on the fact that there is noone else around Pogba that he can take confidence from at times, but I'll say it again, last night he just didn't look bothered and was so useless in possession.

Again he was poor but he played no part in either goal he was still our main creative threat in a poor performance but he's all people want to talk about. Can he play better yes but he's still been the best midfielder in the league this season if Lukaku & Lingard take those chances that games done and dusted.

I 100% believe the way for the circus to be removed is for others to take the attention away from him if we sell him the replacement we can attract will be nowhere near the level of Pogba.

Wolves have just go his number defensively they are brilliantly organised we had a 25 minute window where we were ripping them open but that stupid equaliser killed us and even with 10 men we were in the game until that calamity between the defenders and keeper.

I do think he gets frustrated but sometimes it's his fault because he takes to many touches or mucks up a pass but other times it's because he looks up and there's no pass available to him.

Again there's 10 players on that pitch who let themselves down last night the only person who put in a good show was McTominay everyone else was pretty shocking.

the other 10 players aren't 90m pound players who walk and talk like they are the bee's knee's.

I agree he wasn't the only player who played badly, but it's been a few games now. He demands that fee and wages because he is meant to show up in games like this. Or he might as well be on 100 grans like the rest of the squad.

We expect more and should get more.

the other 10 players aren't 90m pound players who walk and talk like they are the bee's knee's.

I agree he wasn't the only player who played badly, but it's been a few games now. He demands that fee and wages because he is meant to show up in games like this. Or he might as well be on 100 grans like the rest of the squad.

We expect more and should get more.

Lukaku 75m
Fred 54m
Shaw 30m
Lindelöf 30m
Martial 50m (as a sub)

There's plenty of money on that pitch with big transfer fees and wages not pulling their weight.

We did more than enough to win that game but wasteful finishing and some poor defending/keeping cost us just like Arsenal a few weeks back you can't miss chances at this level when you've got the chance you kill off the opposition and you can't gift teams chances like that. Both Wolves goals were the result of poor decisions by Utd players ruthlessly punished.

I mean serious where would we be without Pogba this season? Without his goals and assists where would this team be? We'd be scrambling around in midtable instead of fighting for top 4. Yeah he can be a bit annoying sometimes but he's still carrying this team from an attacking point of view.

It's a team sport we win as a team and lose as a team I don't get why we are singling out Pogba he didn't miss the sitters and he didn't f*ck up on the goal, he didn't get himself stupidly sent off, he just had a bit of a quiet game which he's allowed to have.

For me, the expectancy of a player is built up a lot based on what they are capable of, and with Pogba we have all seen that he is technically brilliant and noone can argue that fact.

I am more harsh with criticism as I simply expect more from him and he is much better than he is showing this last month, last night there wasn't a player apart from Mctominay who could say they had a good game, but I put Pogba at a level above the other 9 outfield players so maybe that is critical but I expect better, it goes with the territory of being a player expected to perform week in week out.

I wouldn't want him to go, of course I wouldn't - ask my Mrs, I spent most nights tracking the odds of Pogba coming back to united, then watched his "Im Back" video over and over !

The one thing I would say is that he has been on international duty so maybe he's feeling a bit leggy, roll on Barcelona next week when we need him at his absolute best !

Why do you think Pogba is better than he currently is?

Based on 2.5 years at Utd what have we learnt?

He's a bit up and down when it comes to impact in games

Watch him for France it's the same

Watch him for Juventus it was the same

He was never a 90m player but Utd wanted to prove a point and make a big name signing the one they could finally get hold of was Pogba they failed with Neymar, Bale, Ronaldo etc so they massively overpaid but you shouldn't judge him by his price tag as he never set that.

These doubts have always been there with Pogba he isn't Ronaldo or Messi who do it game after game, season after season etc and he probably never will be but very few players ever have done that. As I've said others need to step up so when he's not playing well it doesn't really matter because someone else has won the game for us.

After last night I don't see why everyone is even talking about him our captain got sent off stupidly, De Gea/Fred combined to gift Wolves an equaliser. Lukaku, Lingard, McTominay all failed to take very good chances and the chuckle bothers combined with De Gea for a calamity second goal. No but lets all talk about Pogba and somehow pin this on him because he had a quiet game.

I think questions need to be asked about the fitness of some of our squad why can't Fred & Dalot handle 90 minutes having barely played all season. Questions should be asked in term of selection why did Lingard start ahead of Martial?

@jsp

Out of those players you listed, only Lukaku comes close when it comes to fee, and I don't rate him.

Pogba is always looking over the fence. He downed tools for Jose. Picked up when he left to prove a point that it was all Jose's fault. And in the last 3 or 4 games his performace has dropped right off and he talks up a Madrid move, along with his agent.

Is he worth all this? The reason Madrid didn't go for when we did is becasue they fore saw all of this. Pogba and his agent have a history.

It's even more frustrating because we know he can make a difference, he can be the star player, but he gets something in his head about moving etc and it ends up showing inhis performaces.

Young, and Fred let us down last night. And Maybe De Gea. But a player like Pogba should be picking the team up, driving us forward and winning these key games. Last night cost us top 4.

I wouldn't be too upset if we sold him for a big fee. You can't build a team around a player who only turns up when he wants to. He frustrates the hell out me. Changing his agent would be a start.

He is better than he has been in the last few games, isnt he ? I specified in the last month, as he has dropped off.

Personal opinion on this one, I expect more from Pogba, completely agree with the comments about the rest of the team were poor.

Martial was poor against Watford, maybe that ?

He is better than he has been in the last few games, isnt he ? I specified in the last month, as he has dropped off.

Personal opinion on this one, I expect more from Pogba, completely agree with the comments about the rest of the team were poor.

Martial was poor against Watford, maybe that ?

He is but my point was Pogba even at Juventus has never been able to play at a consistently high level for a whole season he's always had these peaks and dips it's why clubs were always reluctant to take him. The truly top players maintain a consistently high level through a season Pogba doesn't do that it's all up and down but if you want to have the ups you have to take the downs. That said I think for him to be at his very best he needs things around him functioning he obviously plays a part in that but for the last month this side has not functioned very well probably since that cup game at Chelsea. The injuries and rotation means we've lost that rhythm we had built and we've struggled to get it going again.

I just think in football now there's way to much focus on the individual it's a team game Wolves won because as a team they function brilliantly, Utd right now I don't think they do those issues that existing under Jose seem to be back not quite to the extreme we had at the start of the season but certainly are there again.

Yeah I guess that's the reason but having gone 3-5-2 with Rashford injured it seemed strange to not play Martial might be he wasn't ready for 2 games back to back as he's had injury problems. The way the teams been playing feels like they've all rushed back from these injuries as they all look knackered.

I’m not blaming Pogba at all for last night, there were many players who had an off night but Pogba can do so much more. To say we have to accept he’s going to have his ups and downs is pretty ridiculous. He has the capacity for so much more, his attitude at times is really poor and he needs to show a hell of a lot of energy. Players can continually improve on all aspects of their game, to suggest oh that’s just how Pogba is and how he’ll always be is unacceptable from a fans point of view. I do think he gets frustrated with the dross that is around him but he needs to grab games by the scruff of the neck on those occasions but he goes missing when the going gets tough.

The biggest error for me was putting Young in a back three, if you want a back three then play Jones who at least knows how to play centre back albeit calamitously at times. It was just a proper bad night at the office but better teams than us have and will continually struggle at Wolves. They are a team on the up and up. Big call but I would be very surprised if they are not playing Champions League football within ten years.

I’m not blaming Pogba at all for last night, there were many players who had an off night but Pogba can do so much more. To say we have to accept he’s going to have his ups and downs is pretty ridiculous. He has the capacity for so much more, his attitude at times is really poor and he needs to show a hell of a lot of energy. Players can continually improve on all aspects of their game, to suggest oh that’s just how Pogba is and how he’ll always be is unacceptable from a fans point of view. I do think he gets frustrated with the dross that is around him but he needs to grab games by the scruff of the neck on those occasions but he goes missing when the going gets tough.

The biggest error for me was putting Young in a back three, if you want a back three then play Jones who at least knows how to play centre back albeit calamitously at times. It was just a proper bad night at the office but better teams than us have and will continually struggle at Wolves. They are a team on the up and up. Big call but I would be very surprised if they are not playing Champions League football within ten years.
@SuperRash - Agree with this completely bud, and on the subject of Wolves, listening to talksport this morning and they were saying that the quality of football to watch is just behind City, I cant disagree as they have played some of the best football I have seen this season.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back