Premier League 2018/19: Watford vs Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
So Utd return to action after the international break looking to build some momentum.

Positive News
Sanchez didn't go on internationals to try and get himself in tip top shape.

Negative News
Luke Shaw is ruled out due to the concussion he suffered.

Both teams come into it after wins Watford beat Spurs 2-1 in their last game and have a 100% record from the first 4 games so this is going to be a tough game.

This feels like a very slippery banana skin we've fallen at Watford before and they are the kind of physical in your face team we often struggle with away from home.

Surely he can't start Lindelof up against Deeney he will eat him alive?

Predicted Starting XI

De Gea

Lindelof Smalling Bailly

Valencia Matic Fellaini Pogba Young

Sanchez Lukaku

I don't understand how Sanchez isn't in top shape??? He didn't have a WC like most, he spent all summer resting then training for the US tour so should be in the best shape of all of them. Something doesn't add up with Sanchez. How can he be so crap all the time? Is he carrying an injury, not enjoying his football, not getting on with the Mourinho system?? He was so desperate to get out of Arsenal, has he made the wrong move?

Anyway... be nice to see Dalot involved this weekend too. Some talk he will start but I can't see it.

Can't actually wait for the game, the International break bores me so much.

He missed the start of the tour due to his visa issue, he then picked up an injury towards the end of the tour from memory and was then injured vs Leicester so he missed Brighton and was only fit for bench vs Spurs so he's had a disrupted start to the season.

He was rubbish at Arsenal for 6 months before he joined us his form after joining us was no different really I think we've signed a player in decline but I expect him to be a lot better this season that last season once he's up and running he looked good vs Burnley. I also worry that he's not really suited to the Mourinho playing style because he's used to playing for teams who press from the front like Barca/Arsenal/Chile rather than the ones who sit deep.

Forgot about Dalot with Shaw out it would be nice to see him start but I think he'll be on the bench Watford away is a bit of a snake pit to throw a kid into if you don't need to but from memory he is a player who can cover both left and right side.

I'd love to say I can't wait for the game but these days breaks from watching Utd are quite enjoyable but lets hope we're all feeling positive after a good away win.

I reckon that predicted line up is a pretty good bet. It’s a real shame Shaw misses out but I hope it’s just for this one game and Jose doesn’t go back to Young!

Watford have some tall and physical players in the middle of the park so Fellaini should get another go. The rest of the line up pretty much picks itself.

I would have thought the Watford winning run will end sooner rather than later so this is the time.

There's an article on BBC saying Shaw could feature guess we will find out tomorrow but there are something like 7 tests the doctor has to pass him on to confirm that the concussion has cleared.

Great news about Shaw. Do not want to stop the momentum he is building up.

Fellaini would be a loss for sure as we will need his physicality but I don’t think Fred is one to be intimidated or shirk a battle so sure we will be fine.

You would imagine Matic will go into the middle to sit in front of the defenders and deal with long balls.

Going to be a tough game really not sure how it will go.

I think Jose said Fred only got back today, I doubt he'll play him after that would he? Liverpool flew all their Brazillians back yesterday. You think they would go in on the plane wouldn't you.

Liverpool chartered a private plane to bring their guys back a day early the Brazilian FA arrange for the players flights.

Clubs often split costs of private planes if they need guys back Liverpool are the early kick off so they probably felt they needed them back early Utd are the evening game so probably felt they could give Fred & Periera the extra day.

Fred will be used to it he was travelling to and from Brazil from Ukraine before footballers are pretty robust to air travel long distance flights are part of their lives so I'd say there's a good chance he'll start unless he picked up an injury

Team: De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Lindelof, Young, Fellaini, Matic, Pogba, Lingard, Lukaku, Sanchez.

Subs: Grant, Bailly, Darmian, Fred, Mata, McTominay, Martial.

We’re playing too deep. Need to push up 10 yards.

Hey all count regardless what they go in off

Smalling just turned in to Maradona! What a control and finish

Velencia slows us downside much..so many times he just stops with the ball at his feet and waits.

This is ridiculous. Someone put their foot on the ball and slow the game down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back