100px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg.png
V
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Sunday, 13th January 2019
Premier League

Wembley
16:30
GMT

They’re off in Dubai for a nice break I think a lot of clubs are doing similar bit of mid season sun after a hard December.

A lot will depend on who’s available but you have to assume that unless there are injuries the team will be

DDG

Young Jones Lindelof Shaw

Herrera Matic Pogba

Lingard Rashford Martial

As always the key to beating Spurs is stop Eriksen he’s the one who feeds Kane & Alli if you can starve him of the ball Kane comes deep which makes him easier to defend against.

Last season was a disaster 1-0 down after 10 seconds we can’t afford that and the switching off defensively has to stop because Spurs will punish that players like Kane, Alli, Eriksen & Son don’t need a second chance to score.

This is a huge game for Pogba Spurs have nothing in central midfield to fear can he dominate that part of the pitch and force Spurs back at times.

I’m not convinced we will win but I just want to see the team compete in one of these big games as in all the big games this season I think we’ve been second best for the large majority of the game. Can we make it an even contest and see how the cards fall.

The plus point is Spurs have a very big game tomorrow whilst we've got 8 days to prepare for this. And whilst it's the League Cup they've got on Wednesday those two hate eachother there'll be a big intensity to the game and it's a semi final for thier players that don't have any medals to show for their careers.

Spurs weakness this season has been at right back. Trippier is still in Russia and Aurier is useless going backwards so that's what we need to expose.

I think if we play high up the pitch as we have been doing it will cause us lots of headaches. I hope Ole has a plan B.

I'll go with RvN10's team, bang on for me.

I think if we play high up the pitch as we have been doing it will cause us lots of headaches. I hope Ole has a plan B.

I'll go with RvN10's team, bang on for me.

Yeah after watching the game last night Spurs basically sat deep after scoring looking to put Son in behind those long balls up to Jones/Lindelöf could be a problem.

Jones had a real mixed bag vs this lot last season he was a disaster in the league game but absolutely bossed Kane in the semi final it was such a chalk and cheese performance if we are going to get anything we need good Jones to turn up and hope that he doesn't have his 1 in 5 shocker.

That's assuming he makes it back from Dubai you never know with him he'll probably fall down a well or accidently wander off into the dessert the big idiot.

Are you sure it’s not a 1 in 5 decent game, the rest shockers????

He’s not that bad the issue is consistency his 5 game run is normally good, good, great, good, abysmal... injured in training see you again in a month for another 5 game run.

If we didn't need any more added incentive, Arsenal just lost today. We win tomo we will be on equal points

Travelling squad (according to MEN):

De Gea, Romero, Grant; Lindelof, Jones, Young, Dalot, Shaw; Pereira, Mata, Matic, Pogba, Fred, Herrera, McTominay, Lingard, Garner; Martial, Rashford, Lukaku.

Team: De Gea, Young, Lindelof, Jones, Shaw, Matic, Herrera, Pogba, Lingard, Rashford, Martial.
Subs: Romero, Dalot, Pereira, Fred, Mata, McTominay, Lukaku.

Would have put my money on that being the team, been a while since I’ve said that about a United side.

United looking a bit too wary of getting physical, allowing tottenham to run down the pitch then panic defending

Don’t care what the score ends up at, 40 mins of this game tells me Utd with Ole in charge can compete with the big boys!

We certainly wouldn’t be playing like this with that clown Mourinho in charge

The was a helluva game. Not been that stressed for 90 minutes for lung time. Hung on in the end but we won and it feels great

I got a Sky day pass on NowTV and watched it, that second half I could barely watch.

I like how we still left players up in the hope to attack though. Encouraging, I think maybe Ole shoud have changed the shape in the second half.

Lindelof was excellent.

Lukaku needs selling, he's not going to work with this football

Backs to the wall stuff second half, but I felt we could still have nicked a second goal. Great game, if a bit sweaty last twenty minutes.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back