Premier League 2018/19: Southampton v Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
So the manager has confirmed Lindelöf is out probably until January and Sanchez is expected to be out for longer than that.

Valencia also hobbled off vs Young Boys so you'd have to assume he's also a doubt for this one.

My guess at the starting XI

De Gea

Young Smalling Jones Shaw

Fellaini Matic Pogba

Lingard Lukaku Martial

The keeper and back 4 probably pick themselves but with Arsenal at home in midweek will he consider a start for Dalot to keep Young fresh.

The midfield and attack is anyone's guess really it's basically Matic and 5 others to get us up to 11 at this point. I think Rashford's missed chances and the injury to Sanchez means Lukaku will be back in.

It really is must win the window for errors is ever decreasing in terms of getting top 4 we are 7 points behind Chelsea in 4th with 2 of the current top 5 playing each other points will be dropped somewhere it's vital we win to make up the ground on any team that drops points this weekend.

Southampton are a truly awful team but you just don't fancy this Utd team to beat anyone at the moment.

Under Hughes Southampton are probably the worst team in the league. This game shouldn’t be a worry yet I’d be surprised if we won by anything more than 1 goal.

They have 1 point less than Palace who we were lucky to draw at home with.

Southampton are a poor side and they really lack cutting edge in front of goal but this Utd side creates almost nothing and gives any team chances.

Shame about Lindelöf, he was finally getting a run of games. Guess it’s going to be Jones who slots in alongside Smalling, which does fill me with a whole lot of worry!

Guess the Sanchez injury could elevate a young guy like Chong into the reckoning but I’m not holding my breath on that one.

Southampton are awful but you never know with us, it could go anyway to be honest!

Sanchez injury wont elevate anyone he wasn't making the side. Haha.

You'd have to assume not much will change.

DDG

Young Jones Smalling Shaw

Fellaini Matic Pogba

Lingard Lukaku Martial

I wouldn't surprise me though if we actually saw Matic at CB and Fred come in to the midfield.

That possible side depresses me a lot. Ideally we shouldn’t be seeing either Matic or Fellaini start but we have to endure both of them.

I think we have to give Fred a run, just let him grow into the team.

That possible side depresses me a lot. Ideally we shouldn’t be seeing either Matic or Fellaini start but we have to endure both of them.

I think we have to give Fred a run, just let him grow into the team.

It's the side I expect not the one I want. I'd actually go

DDG

Dalot Bailly Smalling Shaw

Fred Herrera Pogba

Mata Rashford Martial

I've hear Dalot will defo start, Jose has confirmed this. I'd like to see Fred play again with Pogba. My preference is Fellaini slightly over Matic but I'm sure Matic will play. This Southampton team is dire, I'd personally put some creativity in midfield, Pogba, Fred and Herrera sitting but Jose has his loverboys.

It's the side I expect not the one I want. I'd actually go

DDG

Dalot Bailly Smalling Shaw

Fred Herrera Pogba

Mata Rashford Martial
Yeah that’s exactly how I would go but Matic is some sort of messiah in Jose’s eyes.

I don’t think Rashford has actually set the world alight and if he improves his finishing then he would get lots of goals but he needs to be more clinical. Lukaku’s form has just fallen off a cliff and if he’s not scoring goals he’s pretty useless. You can kind of look past his deficiencies if he’s smacking them in but he couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo right now.

Score prediction anyone?

I think a 0-1 away win in a scrappy game devoid of any actual football.

But I have a nagging 0-0 thought too.

Not a chance. Jose will be with us until the end of the season at the very least I reckon.

We’re 11/10 that’s a massive price. I’ve had to back the -1 handicap at 3/1

I mean if we lost 5-0 he might get sacked but I’m not even convinced that would do it.

I get the impression the club would rather not have to fire him during the season as they’ve got no idea what to do next.

Or a suitable replacement is unavailable?

Well there are plenty of managers out of work but I don’t think the board know who the right one is as they’ve ballsed up 3 appointments out of 3 so far. I think they’d rather bury their heads in the sand and hope that somehow Mourinho gets it right.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well there are plenty of managers out of work but I don’t think the board know who the right one is as they’ve ballsed up 3 appointments out of 3 so far. I think they’d rather bury their heads in the sand and hope that somehow Mourinho gets it right.

Who would you appoint if Mourinho was to be sacked tomorrow?

Who would you appoint if Mourinho was to be sacked tomorrow?

Given the club want to buy young players and develop them I’d probably go for Jardim did great work at Monaco playing beautiful attacking football plus a fairly young guy who might bring new ideas to the club. In terms of guys with proven track records with big clubs Blanc, Conte & Zidane are all available but I’m not sure any of them are what we need right now although Blanc would tick the ex players knows the club box.

I don’t know much about European football these days as I don’t follow it that closely but there must be someone better than this absolute fun sponge we have he’s sucking the life out of the club with his approach to football and the atmosphere he creates with his victim culture.

If the club are looking for a director of football they shouldn’t sack Jose until that person is in place but plenty of reports going around that there’s been no real progress on this Woodward wants to continue pulling the strings in all areas of the club.

Really if things are going to change we’d be looking at a short term interim type guy to just try and get us in the top 4 and maybe lift the pressure for next season.

That’s an absolute mess of a starting XI why is Fred out of the team again? It’s clear Mourinho only wants 1 midfielder who might pass forward in his midfield 3

Got to assume it’s a back 3 and there’s been an injury to Smalling over night as yesterday we were basically told that Dalot would start.

Who will be the back 3? Jones, Matic and McTominay or Herrera?

Couldn’t it be a 4 with a midfield diamond?

I'd rather have Matic at CB than cm, but Mctominay is CDM for god's sake

I think both are playing at centre back in a three man defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back