Sideshow Bob

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
V
170px-Liverpool_FC.svg.png

Sunday, 24th February 2019
Premier League

Old Trafford

14:05 GMT

Think most of the team picks itself for this one the only potential headache is the front 3 as it will depend on the fitness of Lingard/Martial who were initially ruled out for 2 weeks.

Liverpool are lethal down their left side Robertson and Mane will be very hard to control and Robertson in the game at Anfield just wasn't picked up at all.

Whoever is available will dictate if it's a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2 diamond if it's Mata we will need to play the diamond which I think could work quite well vs Liverpool.

The defence and midfield pick itself and it kind of depends on fitness to pick the rest of the side. Guess we will know more with Ole’s press conference later this week, he should let us know whether Lingard or Martial have a shot. If they are both ruled out would definitely like Sanchez to start.

This game feels like it's come around fast.

Last time we played these it was an embarrassment that ended with the manager getting sacked. Obviously we're in much better form this time around. I think our best way of playing them is to sit deep don't allow their pace behind to both of us and hit them on the counter.

Given the way both teams are playing and their respective forms i'd actually make us favourites for the game.

I think Liverpool are the better team if I'm being honest, but if the crowd are up for it, and I think if Herrera is up for it as he seems to inspire the crowd and those around him then we could get something.

I'm confident but it feels like one of those false confidents, like the feeling you have about England before a tourny.

Utd are the form team since we last played each other we’ve picked up more points and progressed in the FA Cup whereas Liverpool look like they are starting to struggle but they’re still a great side who on their day can rip anyone apart in the space of a few minutes.

I fancy us to get something but it’s going to be a tough game I wonder how Klopp will approach it will they go all out for the win or will they try to play for a draw?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I am not especially happy with that but tbh whoever we put in midfield in place of matic I probably wouldn't have been comfortable with. It's an area of the pitch we really need to strengthen, even more than centre half for me.

Sheesh Herrera going off, Rashford looks done. Pereira on.

Worried now about this midfield. Real real worried.

Mentioned this during the transfer window. I said if Herrera and matic got injured we had a huge problem in midfield. That was more important to strengthen than centre half for me

Mentioned this during the transfer window. I said if Herrera and matic got injured we had a huge problem in midfield. That was more important to strengthen than centre half for me
Yeah definitely. But Ole clearly has no faith in Fred right now.

Firmino off for Liverpool. Has the pitch been cursed by a witch or something? Gee.

Lingard rushed back, looks like he’s gone too.

All three changes before half time, it’s unbelievable.

I guess all we can do is try to hold on and hope we sneak a goal. I do think it shows a lack of quality in depth though, especially in midfield.

Sorry didn’t realise I was posting in the wrong thread during first half

On the plus side we do still have our actual main first choice forwards from last summer actually on the pitch. This is the chance to lay down a marker and say they deserve a place in the side. Lukaku and Sanchez assist goal combo for the win

Sorry didn’t realise I was posting in the wrong thread during first half
Haha I see that now. Thought there was just a lot of sympathy and opinion on Puel getting sacked.

If Liverpool produced better balls in the final third then we would have been done but we’ve had a couple of little chances to. The midfield is worrying but we still have a good front line but Rashford is clearly only 70% fit right now but he has to plug on. I imagine it was just a contact injury because if it was a muscle then we could damage it even more and him being out for months rather than weeks.

Rashford got clattered first minute of the game on his ankle.

Was tough for us with the injuries but we fought on and managed a few chances. Liverpool were very poor and I have no doubts City would have punished us today.

Still unbeaten under Ole in the league so while a draw is disappointing, not a bad day.

Was like walking into A&E first half can’t remember anything like that before 4 players going off injured in the first half and another hobbling on one foot for the whole game.

Think the team did well to get to the end and take the point with the full team I think we’d have been able to beat them but we basically had no movement up top and a patched up midfield.

Everyone worked their nuts off today even Lukaku put it in but he clearly found it hard.

Man of the match for me is Rashford to play 90 minutes in pain because the team needs you and still manage to have some impact on the game is unreal.

Was a shame to see us go so deep in the way we did but given the circumstances it was understandable.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back