220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
V
220px-Leicester_City_crest.svg.png

Friday, 10th August
Premier League

Old Trafford
20:00
BST

Trying to get excited for this but do worry too. Hoping to be surprised.

Think it'll be something like... De Gea; Darmian, Smalling/Bailly, Lindelof, Shaw; Herrera, Pereira, Fred; Mata, Rashford, Sanchez.

With maybe 4 of Pogba, Fellaini, Lukaku, Lingard, Young, Jones on the bench.

I think Lukaku will start.

DDG

Darmian Lindelof Bailly Shaw

Herrera Matic Fred

Mata Lukaku Sanchez

Guess we need to hear if Bailly coming off vs Munich was serious or just no risks being taken.

I think they’ve said Maguire & Vardy will both miss the game because of World Cup.

My guess

DDG

Darmian Bailly/Lindelof Smalling Shaw

Fred Herrera Pogba

Mata Lukaku Sanchez

I think Rashford will be on the bench hopefully get the job done and be able to take players like Pogba/Lukaku off after 70 minutes.

Would be nice to see Bailly & Lindelof start together but I think Mourinho has already sort of said Smalling will start because he’s done full pre season.

Think Mourinho said he hoped that at least one of the players that have come back this week will be able to give 20 minutes or so, can't see any starting having only had 3 days training.

A Leicester without Mahrez Vardy Maguire. Fair dues take it all you want

I’d never talk anyone out of a bet but couldn’t bet against us.

I probably bet on us to lose more than I do on us to win the only bet I ever really do on Utd is a first score bet every now and again.

I think the lads who've only done a few days training are guys like Pogba & Lukaku I'd expect these guys to return in as good a condition as they left as they're top level athletes might be a bit of a gamble starting both of them but there's a week between games and I don't think we can take the gamble. Rashford and Martial have also missed huge chunks of pre season for different reasons.

Simply put Utd must get off to a winning start especially if the rumours of new arrivals being unlikely are true.

From what I remember from the press conference, no Herrera, Valencia, Romero, Dalot, Matic and Rojo. With the likes of Young, Pogba and Lukaku unlikely to play. So if we stick to our traditional formation under Jose it’ll probably be:

De Gea

Darmian - Bailly - Lindelof - Shaw

Pereira - McTominay - Fred

Mata - Rashford - Sanchez
Unless we decide to unleash one of Martial or Rashford on the right that is or go 3-5-2.

I think he'll start either Lukaku or Pogba possibly both assuming they've reported injury free they need the minutes and giving one or both 60 minutes will be important.

God knows what is going on with Martial after he missed the Bayern Munich game as far as I'm aware no reason has been given for that if there was I totally missed it.

Transfer window has closed, time to get down to the nitty gritty.

Jose: “The players with a proper pre-season are fit and they are strong. For example, Alexis Sanchez had a good pre-season with lots of matches and lots of minutes. He's more than ready but you cannot have the players who arrived only last Monday after the World Cup semi-finals or final and three weeks' holiday. You cannot expect them to be fit.

”They returned on Monday. They trained on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and today, so you can imagine that they're not really fit and ready, but we have needs.

Think he'll put the late returners on the bench but can't see more than that. But we shall see.

Think I read that Martial missed the Bayern game as had to do a double training sessions to catch up because he missed the end of tour.

Talk is that Pogba has trained really well this week, so much so that he’s likely to start tonight.

Well with Herrera and Matic missing through injury that’s welcome news!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Come on lads. The CB partnership we wanted. A technical midfield trio. Luke Shaw in the side! Alexis through the middle.

We didn’t drop points when scoring first this season. But Dave has kept us in this with that save. They’ve been all over us. Push up 10 yards ffs and trust the pace of Bailly Lindelof and Shaw. Massive problems coming down our right

Thought Fred has looked tidy. Didn’t get Mata and Rashford swapping wings

Typical Mourinho crap: if you scored, defend deep and hope for a counter-attack. After Pogba scored, United have been shit apart from the defense and Leicester were the better team... at Old Trafford!

Mourinho doesn’t lose from winning positions. Only team with a 100% record when scoring first last season

I’d have Sanchez off for Lukaku he’s been awful

Mourinho doesn’t lose from winning positions. Only team with a 100% record when scoring first last season

I don't find matches, where United defend for their lives, to be anything but boring and stressful.

I don’t care about anything before the international break other than 3 points.

Doesn’t help that the ref has been wearing a Leicester shirt since the 2nd minute.

I’m listening on the radio and it’s an improvement on last year. Sounds like they are doing ok

How awful must Alexis be before he's taken off? He's been absolutely rubbish in the second half.

Thank God for De Gea. He's made a couple of crucial saves so far toady. Leicester could have been 2-1 up already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back