Sideshow Bob

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
V
180px-Burnley_F.C._Logo.svg.png

Tuesday, 29th Januray 2019
Premier League

Old Trafford

20:00 GMT

A good chance to keep the run going against a back in form Burnley side but you'd hope Utd will have to much for them.

My guess is Dalot in for Young and Rashford/Martial back into the attack for Lukaku/Sanchez.

Will Fred get a chance?

Just got to keep putting the pressure on the teams above us but a slip will come eventually hopefully not on Tuesday.

I don’t think Fred will get his chance yet, I think Ole likes his Pogba, Matic and Herrera three man midfield. Personally I’d give him a run out instead of Herrera cause I’d like to see how Fred is without the Jose shackles on.

Thing is at some point we will need to rotate and rest with PSG coming up and internationals on the horizon again too I think we need to find a game or two for Matic to rest in as he still plays internationals Herrera doesn’t.

I’d consider resting Matic here putting Herrera in the middle of the free and playing Fred on the right of the midfield 3 alternatively you could go super attacking and put Lingard in the midfield 3 and get another forward in.

Full midweek fixture list could work out nicely for us.

We’ve had a longer break than most. Burnley just lost 5-0. I’d imagine rest for Matic Lindelof Young Lingard. And Rashford Martial to come back in for Sanchez and Lukaku anyway.

But also Arsenal are full of injuries at the back for the game against Cardiff. Tottenham are rocking after getting knocked out of 2 cups in 3 days so hopefully will struggle against Watford.

United team to face Burnley

De Gea; Young (c), Lindelof, Jones, Shaw; Matic, Andreas; Mata, Pogba, Rashford; Lukaku.

Subs: Romero, Dalot, Smalling, Fred, Herrera, Lingard, Alexis.

Burnley putting every man and his dog behind the ball, making it difficult for us

They've physically out done us.. but the balls being put in from young have been naff. Rashfords not looked on his game either

These midweek games always have potential for shocks, it happens season after season. Newcastle beating City is very surprising indeed but we managed to salvage a draw.

We showed great spirit to come back though.

Too many changes? Why move Rashford out wide?

Reports suggest Pereira was poor.

My words exactly - Dont make massive changes in the league games as we need this top 4 finish, when I saw Pereira was starting I had a feeling that we could be susceptible, He just isnt good enough, simple as that.

Rashford was moved, which I think affected his game and he just didnt look on it atall tonight. whether he didnt like the fact that Lukaku came in through the centre when he has been playing well, who knows.

Such a shame to lose the winning streak like that, but atleast we didnt lose if we are trying to take any positive.

a knock back for sure, but a great come back. I guess Martial beng injured is the reason why Rashford started out wide, I imagine Sanchez isn't ready for multiple games.
Pereira is weird one, I haven't seen him do anything good really.
But lets not forget month ago we were 11 points behind, we've still done really well, with Arse and Chelsea to play. I still think Spurs might drop into it too.

The worst thing about last night was City losing.

Great comeback by our lads,

Dyche lays into one Man United star: 'It's modern football' - Football365

I see Dyche took it well.

How can he moan about injury time 5 minutes when there's been 3 goals and persistent time wasting on goal kicks and his full back was booked for wasting time on a throw in as well.

If anyone had a right to complain it was Ole as the ref didn't play the full 5 minutes and there was a goal and sub made in injury time.

As for Lingard he can moan all he wants about diving when your players constantly foul to break up play is that really in the rules and if he really wants to point the finger anywhere it should be at his defender for trying to pull the player back.

Dyche only ever moans about this stuff when his team doesn't win.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back