Premier League 2018/19: Manchester City vs Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Manchester United: Jose Mourinho says his side need to grow up

Pre match interview from the boss.

Confirmed Lukaku trained today and they will decide tomorrow if he's ready to be involved.

Injury wise I think we are pretty clear at the moment Valencia returned to training after mouth surgery during the week the only player currently listed as injured is Dalot but that one seems to be a bit of a mystery as no one seems to have reported what's wrong he just picked up an injury during the last international break.

In terms of the team for Sunday it probably picks itself the same team that started vs Juventus.

De Gea

Young Smalling Lindelöf Shaw

Herrera Matic Pogba

Lingard Sanchez Martial

I guess it really depends on if any of them picked up knocks or have struggled to recover from Wednesday.

Pogba is a doubt and may miss game through injury

We’d miss his quality with the ball in terms of creating chances but if we want to direct Fellaini off the striker could give you a chance to beat the press and tactical fouling that City like to do when they lose the ball.

Any news on Pogba? Can’t see anything other than he didn’t show at the hotel.

Leaked team, according to the MEN:

De Gea, Young, Smalling, Lindelof, Shaw, Matic, Herrera, Fellaini, Lingard, Martial, Sanchez.

If we can avoid defeat today it’ll be a decent block of results for us in this group of games between the two international breaks.

Matic and Fellaini? Dear god!

I’m sure he will put the donkey back up front too if he’s on the bench

Confirmed team: De Gea, Young, Smalling, Lindelof, Shaw, Matic, Herrera, Fellaini, Lingard, Martial, Rashford.

Subs: Romero, Darmain, Jones, Fred, Mata, Sanchez, Lukaku.

Alexis doesn’t start. Rashford in his place

Phil Jones on the bench. He’ll probably injure himself sitting there.

Surprised to see Sanchez dropped too

We’ve conceded first in 7 of our last 9 games. It’s got to stop

We look in awe of City. Yeah they are good but we can’t be scared otherwise we’ve basically admitted defeat already.

We seem to have calmed down a bit now they’ve scored

Twice Herrera has been caught on the ball.

It feels like they’ve got 14 players on the pitch

Script set for Lukaku to come on and redeem himself by scoring 2 to win it for us?

Better in the final 20 minutes or so of the first half. Ball retention has to be better.

Shouldn’t even get on the pitch. Alexis and Mata for Herrera and Lingard would be my move

I wouldn't have started with rashford. Alexis is better at keeping the ball and buying fouls.

Bright side. We should have been dead and buried inside 20 mins. At 1 we’re still in the game.

And now we’re out of the game. That’s a great goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back