Premier League 2018/19: Man Utd vs Chelsea

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
News from the press conference.

Ole has backed De Gea and said he won't drop him
Hinted that Herrera may return following a "hamstring" injury

As for the selection probably be similar to the team we put out on Wednesday vs City can see us going for the 3-5-2 again don't think we picked up any injuries so no reason to really change it in my opinion as the team played ok just got beaten by a much better side.

For Chelsea think they're likely to be missing Kante which is a big miss for them in midfield even if he's struggled with his new role this season but really it comes down to can we keep Hazard quiet and look to exploit the gaps at the back.

The record against them is pretty good at home so you'd hope the team can get the result it desperately needs but who knows.

We really need a results at the weekend to stop the winless streak and at least have a glimmer of hope of getting 4th spot, the more I think about it, maybe the lack of champions league football can make something happen.

I just dont fancy watching Europa League again.

I don't see us winning this. Although kante is out. But Hazard is a real worry with our defence.

I don't mind the EL, I don't really care about it, but at least we would have a chance at winning some games. The elite european sides are just too far ahead of us at the moment.

We really need a results at the weekend to stop the winless streak and at least have a glimmer of hope of getting 4th spot, the more I think about it, maybe the lack of champions league football can make something happen.

I just dont fancy watching Europa League again.

It’s not great but I think it gives us a chance to properly blood some of youngsters and test the could these players get chances.

Joel Periera
Dean Henderson
Axel Tuenzebe
Tim Fosu-Mensah
james Garner
Andreas Periera
Tahith Chong
Angel Gomes
Mason Greenwood

My point is if we go into Europa league I think we can really afford to slash that first team squad and cut out the players who aren’t good enough and use the youth players to fill the squad.

Have a core of 16/17 senior players then have 6 or 7 kids on the fringes it would be brave and could massively backfire but we have to see if these lads are good enough.

As for tomorrow’s game yes Hazard can hurt us especially the way we defend but I think they’ll be just as worried about their defence which is also shaky.

Be nice to see a goal I wonder if it’s a game for Sanchez up top with Rashford Lingard works his nuts off but he’s so wasteful in the final 1/3

We’ve been by far the better side. Undeserving to go in a 1-1 but we’ve got to play with the same intensity second half. I’d have Rashford off for Sanchez

Herrera proving how much better we are with him in the side.

Honestly not sure we could give some of these players away.

Great first half but we seem to run out of steam? Is the team so unfit?

Also, Rojo needs to be out ASAP, he’s such a liability and should have been sent off for sure.

We didn't deal well with trying to put pressure on towards the end of the game. I think that was the last chance saloon.

Oh top four is gone now for me.

It’s been said many times but we just lack quality, we lack someone who can give us something special in these tight games. The likes of Giggs, Rooney and Ronaldo have done it over the years but we lack someone of that ilk. Pogba can do it but is very inconsistent. Such a big summer coming up.

And yep Herrera has to stay. We are so much better with him. We just have to upgrade on Matic.

Top 4 is definitely gone.

Highlight of the game was the personal battle between Lukaku and Higuain for who can be offside more.

Top 4 is definitely gone.

Highlight of the game was the personal battle between Lukaku and Higuain for who can be offside more.
Gosh I’m pretty frustrated with Lukaku but Chelsea fans must be apoplectic with Higuain - he has been useless for them.

Didn't watch the game and didn't even bother with the highlights but doesn't sound great saw the goals ours was a nice move there's was another mistake from De Gea. You wonder if teams have spotted something with his ability to stop shots from distance does Rudiger regularly step out and drive one from 30 yards like that?

Top 4 is gone but they don't deserve it this team had a terrible start, a great middle and an awful end to the season.

It looks physically unfit, mentally weak and technically way behind our rivals who are setting new standards at the top.

It's a huge summer whichever of these players remain next season they need to get much fitter and a lot of them need to head for the exits with those coming in hitting the ground running.

Chelsea favourites for the 4th spot now but I think it's now a 2 horse race.

we aren't good enough for CL either.

It's a two sided thing, on the one hand we wont be able to get certain players now, but we could target some great young talent like Rice, Wan Bissaka and Sancho. And have a real long term strategy.

I don't blame De Gea, I listened and I remember only 1 shot in the 2nd half on the Chelsea goal.

I do think it's time to move De Gea and Pogba on though.

De Gea is to blame. It’s a poor mistake that’s ended our season.

We were all over them for 40 minutes yesterday and couldn’t finish the game then they got a lucky goal.

we aren't good enough for CL either.

It's a two sided thing, on the one hand we wont be able to get certain players now, but we could target some great young talent like Rice, Wan Bissaka and Sancho. And have a real long term strategy.

I don't blame De Gea, I listened and I remember only 1 shot in the 2nd half on the Chelsea goal.

I do think it's time to move De Gea and Pogba on though.

Problem is we've got to get back to developing players as we've really lost the ability to do that so many players come into the club now and don't really kick on and fulfil potential. I'm not convinced Utd is really the place to learn anymore you need to be ready to go straight away.

I think it's time to drop De Gea for the final 2 games but I still want him to stay he's having a tough time it happens but I'd still be trying to sort his contract out.

With Pogba if we are going right back to the very start maybe sell him to raise the money to rebuild but for me it's a huge gamble as he's still the guy who carries this team at it's best.

I blame De Gea for the goal, not dropped points. We just don't create enough

De Gea is to blame. It’s a poor mistake that’s ended our season.

We were all over them for 40 minutes yesterday and couldn’t finish the game then they got a lucky goal.

Isn't this the point though we get on top and don't kill off teams yeah Dave ballsed up again but this sides lack of ability to score goals and kill off a team it happened at Wolves and at Arsenal wasted chances then the opposition come back and do punish us.

In 7 games I think it's 6 goals scored in the league we've been scoring at less than 1 per game for the last 2 months which isn't good enough.

With Pogba, he is just too much trouble, he doesn't put in enough effort or play to his potential so frequently it just frustrates the fans. Plus he will leave, so is there any point building a team around him. I think move him on and start again.

De Gea is a tricky one, personally I would move him on too. But if you don't want that, then leaving him out of the final games I think would definitely push him out. I don't see the benefit of that. They are pointless games, just leave him in there to ride it out.

The Sanchez deal has done so much damage to this club. Woodward should not be allowed near any future deals. Why Hererra has got to this point is unforgivable, and De Gea could go for free next summer. Why hasn't Rashford been gien a new deal?

I'm not sure about Phelan as DoF either.

It will be another interesting summer for United fans.

Rashford hasn't been given a new deal because he's already tied down on a long deal and he's not really had a long run in the team proving that he deserves a new one until this season.

Utd are playing risky games on contracts currently they seem to be running contracts right down to the limit with a lot of players the reason for this I think is because no one has nailed down spots in the team under any manager. This is the same with Herrera the time to renew him was end of Jose's first season where he'd had a good season but Mourinho was never 100% on him because he told the club he wanted Matic then Fred both were obvious players to replace Herrera.

De Gea's contract is a joke another deal that should have been extended 2 years ago.

The tactic of topping up years on contracts for key players seems to have gone out the window but that's largely because the key players in the team change like the weather at Utd because no one seems to be able to sustain a consistent level of performance over a season.

The club need to sit down with Pogba and sort this out he either signs up to the rebuilding period of 2 years or if he's not prepared to wait the club need to sell because he is a constant distraction. My worry would be if he signs a new deal and says he's signing up for the rebuild if things go badly next season he'll be looking to Madrid again because that's the way he operates always looking for the next adventure. He's a quality player who's been around quality squads before he must be able to see how far away this lot are.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back