Premier League 2018/19: Huddersfield Town vs Man Utd

jsp

Bet Sky are gutted they picked this one for TV now just feels like such a nothing game for us.

Big question is do we drop De Gea? I think the time to do it was Chelsea if he was going to do it at all now that he hasn't and he's made another mistake I think we have to stick with him.

I think we have to give Dalot the last two games at right back if he can't do it vs Huddersfield & Cardiff then that nails on buying a right back in the summer.

As for the rest of it who really cares at this point I don't think it's the game to chuck kids in to start but I think it would be nice to see one or two on the bench maybe Chong and Greenwood, is there really any point in putting Sanchez on the bench anymore if they want him out costs us £75k every time he comes on if you believe the papers.

DDG

Dalot ??? Lindelöf Shaw

Herrera McTominay Pogba

Mata

Lukaku Martial

Probably give Mata a few starts as it looks like it's farewell for him play the diamond again as we don't really have any wingers at the club anymore. In fact balls to it start Greenwood over Martial the way he's played the last 2 months he doesn't deserve a start doesn't even look interested at the moment.

Along with Pogba, I have always admired Martial and he's been a favourite of mine, but my patience with Martial has near enough gone now. such a shame as he looked like he could of had the ability to be world class, but he just doesnt have the drive of a player that will make something happen.

Bags of ability but massively lacks effort, going forward we need players that will give 110% for this club and Martial just doesnt give me the impression thats what he will do.

Would be sad to see him leave but if it the best thing for the club then so be it.

Funny how it seemed like Mourinho wanted to sell him, maybe he saw the problems in a more defining light than the fans will ever see ?

Martial is going nowhere just signed up to a big new contract.

Seems to have a lot of off field distractions does Tony Martial basically can't keep it in his pants and keeps knocking up his girlfriends sounds to me like he's still got a bit of growing up to do.

He's a strange player because the modern game may be leaving him behind a bit because a modern forward be in wide or centre forward needs to work hard you don't get many of these "finisher" style strikers anymore. I don't even know if it's an attitude thing there's times where I think he just doesn't know how to do it I think that's why Mourinho got frustrated with him.

He's another players who's just completely stalled 4 seasons in he's still basically the same player he was 4 years ago he's not progressed and I think that's a club issue as much as a player issue because it's happening to all our players not just him. The biggest frustration I have with him is he hides when he doesn't fancy it he just disappears he stops looking for the ball whereas top players don't they keep making the runs and asking the questions of defenders waiting for them to make a mistake.

It’s saying a lot about our recent form that I can’t even be confident for this one even though we should smash them as they are truly awful.

De Gea

Dalot - Smalling - Lindelof - Shaw

Herrera - McTominay - Pogba

Sanchez - Rashford - Martial
Wouldn’t mind Sanchez being given a run and also Martial. Not sure who’s fit with the centre backs, could end up playing Rojo.

Isn't Rashford and Martial and Lukaku injured? Or combination of those.

I would certainly give Greenwood a look in.

Surprising stat of the season we apparently haven’t lost a game Sanchez has started.

Rashford & Lukaku are both injury doubts.

I really don't see the point in giving Sanchez chances because we know they want him out so why play him.

Might have to play our "strongest" team for one more game just in case others slip but the final game if top 4 is gone should be a chance for the kids like a few years ago when the last game was a dead rubber.

You know your team is playing badly when you arent sure of 3 points against Huddersfield.

Ole has confirmed Dave will play.
It helped Ole’s decision that Romero is now injured not that I think he was going to be dropped anyway.

Young guys like O’Connor, Garner, Chong and Gomes have been training with the first team ahead of the game. Also read a report that Valencia is in line for an appearance which makes sense as a last hurrah.

United: De Gea, Young, Jones, Lindelof, Shaw; Matic, McTominay, Pogba; Sanchez, Mata, Rashford.
Subs: Grant, Dalot, Smalling, Fred, Herrera, Pereira, Chong.

We are pretty embarrassing to be honest. Honestly we are so abject it’s laughable. Solskjaer has a MASSIVE job on his hands.

Gary Neville is brutal with his commentating on United players at the moment

Saying what we’re all thinking to be honest.
We are but we're still trying to maintain the littlest of hope that it'll get better:D
Listening to the repeated frustrated rants of Neville is depressingo_O

We are but we're still trying to maintain the littlest of hope that it'll get better:D
Listening to the repeated frustrated rants of Neville is depressingo_O
Yep it is depressing but you can tell he’s just an annoyed United fan who can’t believe what’s he seeing.

What is wrong with these players? Whats happened in the space of 3 months. Why are they walking about the pitch.. so much confusion with this team

Anyone, anyone, who thinks that this team isn't that far away is seriously deluding themselves. This team is a million miles away with no light at the end of the tunnel. And that's not an overreaction based on today's disappointing result, I've said that for a long time.

What is wrong with these players? Whats happened in the space of 3 months. Why are they walking about the pitch.. so much confusion with this team

Not fit enough
Not good enough
Don’t care enough
Not organised enough

Everything at this club right now is broken I like Ole but he’s got a massive job on his hands here he needs to change 15 players in 2 or 3 summers and he can barely afford to make a mistake.

There is nothing here to work with Utd as we knew it is dead it needs completely rebuilt from top to bottom the culture of money first success second is deep rooted and rotting us from the inside. That culture comes from the very top and it’s spread through the club like a disease.

So many average players getting rewarded for mediocrity. Smalling, Jones, Young, Rojo, Shaw, Martial have all had new contracts in last 12 months. Why are they signing these deals? Because they know they’ll never get that money elsewhere they all know they’d never survive at the very top clubs so they’re never getting moves there Utd is the easy life. Have 3 or 4 good games then dine out on it for 3 months the consistency of performance is embarrassing.

Yesterday was a joke a must win game vs a relegated team one of the worst the league has ever seen and after 30 minutes you stop trying. Fitness is obviously a problem but there’s an undeserved arrogance these players walk around with take the Utd badge off that shirt and people would be thinking how the hell are this team 6th. It’s every man for himself there’s no team there Ole got them going for a bit but eventually that all caught up to them and the way they’ve ended the season is embarrassing.

I’m not saying I want him out but why did they announce Ole when they did just shows that Utd is a club making decisions on short term assessments not long term thinking as part of a plan.

I hope the ground is empty for the last game if our fans had any sort of organisation they’d be camped outside the entire game calling for Woodward’s head he’s the man in charge and he’s overseen this mess.

I think Gary Neville summed things up perfectly. There's not one thing to like about this team.

There was another moment where the camera cut to Woodward and the commentator said something like here’s the man in charge of sorting things out this summer. Neville piped up he’s had 5 goes what makes you think he will get it right this time.

This was the first time Neville had publically taken a swipe at Woodward or the board it kind of got swept in with the rest of it but it was a sign that he sees the frustration we do.

He was broken yesterday you could hear how much he was fuming and he hid none of it think he summed up the atmosphere right now we all feel like it’s hopeless.

Separate topic why were Huddersfield time wasting already relegated why not go for a win in your final home game in the league.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back