220px-Everton_FC_logo.svg.png
V
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Sunday, 21st April 2019
Premier League

Goodison Park
13:30
BST

Another tough game this. Don't want to lose to make it 6 losses in 8! But Everton are in good form right now.

United: De Gea, Jones, Lindelof, Smalling, Dalot, Fred, Matic, Pogba, Lukaku, Martial, Rashford
Subs: Romero, Young, Andreas, Lingard, Mata, McTominay, Sanchez.

Yeah terrible start just don’t look bothered no energy no confidence on the ball no plan back to hoofing it to Lukaku.

We have been so sloppy with the ball though passes either going off target or putting players in trouble by playing to the wrong foot or wrong angle.

Strange that Fred and Pogba have swapped sides Pogba is playing right of the 3 with Fred left.

Anyone else see why I said they shouldn't have given Ole the job when they did? It's not that I'm saying he's the wrong choice but it made no sense.

What is Matic thinking there.

Siggurdson is one of the best long range shooters in the league why are you letting him back inside on to his strongest foot. This happened 3 times vs Barcelona resulting in 3 goals force players on to the weaker foot it’s so basic.

This is as bad as it has ever been these players are nowhere near where we want to be and the attitude stinks being outworked and outclassed vs a very average Everton side

This is as bad as it has ever been these players are nowhere near where we want to be and the attitude stinks being outworked and outclassed vs a very average Everton side

And yet apparently we don't need a major overhaul.

And yet apparently we don't need a major overhaul.

Need to cancel all contract talks with the players and put them all on notice if you want out then go if you want a deal earn it.

I don’t think this game is over but this lot want the riot act read to them at half time players should be calling each other out as this is pathetic shouldn’t even need the manager to start the bollocking.

I’d be making subs get Young on for one of the centre backs get Lindelof in the middle and get Sanchez or Lingard on up top.

Need to cancel all contract talks with the players and put them all on notice if you want out then go if you want a deal earn it.

I'd just get rid of so many who should have gone years ago. It's pathetic and quite frankly if Ole can't be ruthless then he isn't the man.

I'd just get rid of so many who should have gone years ago. It's pathetic and quite frankly if Ole can't be ruthless then he isn't the man.

Not sure he’s got that job if you believe the stories Woodward is having a lot of influence here won’t sell players cheap and far to many happy to be at Utd with no interest of going anywhere else.

I think Ole has to take some criticism here the team has faced a long run of matches they’re clearly drained of energy and confidence and the manager can’t be blameless in that and he’s having to make a lot of tactical changes early in games because he’s set us up wrong.

Absolute shambles they clearly don’t give a toss they’ll go down 5 or 6 here.

Just shut up shop and don’t get embarrassed I hope he savages them after the game this level of effort is totally unacceptable.

What a pathetic bunch. The day after Ole tells players to buck up.

Tells you all you need to know about them they don’t fancy it when it’s hard and buckle under pressure.

No shot on target in 80 minutes against an ok team.

I’m so sick of this team honestly don’t care if any of them leave now if they want to go then go.

There were rumours this morning of cliques in the dressing room between the Spanish and English speaking lads and you find it hard to think otherwise the way this lot play some talented individuals but this is no team. Absolutely rotten to the core this club at the moment.

Honestly our players are bunch of sad sacks. It’s all good when things are going well but when they need to tough it out they go missing. This club is still pretty rotten, there are so many players who aren’t good enough and the ones that are just go missing. Awful awful game today.

Nothing further to add regarding the match, already been said above. Just dumbstruck at the abject performance from the players.
Defence - Lindelof best of a bad bunch
Midfield - thought Fred was unlucky to be subbed, he at least tried to close down Everton. Matic very lucky to come back for second half.
Attack - I fail to see what Lukaku brings to the team, for a striker of his size he can't hold up/shield the ball, his first touch is non existent and has the mobility of an oil tanker. I really wanted Martial to improve as a player but he seems not to have the desire or attitude to do so. Rashford - maybe practice free kicks a lot more in training.
I thought McTominay and Pereira did well.
It was telling which players came to applaud the fans at the end.

The players aren't good enough and there is still something rotten within this club. And that man is Woodward. He's been the problem since Fergie left and until he's gone things won't change. There won't be the focus on clearing out the rubbish because he's too focused on getting money back.

That result has been on the cards for weeks since PSG a fluke result over 180 minutes where we were out played for the vast majority of the game.

I think we’ve had 1 good attacking performance since then vs Arsenal but still lost but teams have found it far to easy to play against us we’ve played that batch of teams below the top 6 and all of them have played us off the park in 5 games Wolves twice, Everton, West Ham, Watford all out played us partly because they out work us.

I’ve never seen a Utd team in such bad condition they just can’t run and that’s before you get on to the technical level of some of our players as it’s alarmingly low so many terrified of having the ball and the decision making of our players is at an all time low as well.

Desire
Ability
Intelligence
leadership

All things totally lacking in this team right now I honestly don’t think these players are smart enough for what our managers want from them and it’s why they’re getting rolled over by other teams currently.

They’ll probably all turn up vs City but that’s not really good enough you can’t just pick and choose when you fancy it.

They’ll probably all turn up vs City but that’s not really good enough you can’t just pick and choose when you fancy it.

Even if they did, we are still not good enough against a City side at their best :(

The players aren't good enough and there is still something rotten within this club. And that man is Woodward. He's been the problem since Fergie left and until he's gone things won't change. There won't be the focus on clearing out the rubbish because he's too focused on getting money back.

Financial adviser to the Glazers during the takeover, he ain't going anywhere!

Even if they did, we are still not good enough against a City side at their best :(

No we're not but that's just reality currently has been for quite some time now if we catch them on a bad day we can beat them but if they're on their game they're miles ahead of us. I mean that game last season where we stopped them winning the league we could have been 4 or 5 down at half time it was only some terrible finishing that kept us in that game and the league game earlier in the season was a total walk in the park.

this lot stand no chance in a game of football vs City they'll be out worked, out classed and out thought the only chance we stand is City have an off night.

No we're not but that's just reality currently has been for quite some time now if we catch them on a bad day we can beat them but if they're on their game they're miles ahead of us. I mean that game last season where we stopped them winning the league we could have been 4 or 5 down at half time it was only some terrible finishing that kept us in that game and the league game earlier in the season was a total walk in the park.

this lot stand no chance in a game of football vs City they'll be out worked, out classed and out thought the only chance we stand is City have an off night.

And the fact that they will probably be a bit nervous (even as good as they are) with them being so close to the league and knowing that the Dippers are breathing down their neck.

I would be amazed if we got any result against city tomorrow, defend like we did against Everton and they will just rip us apart at will.

Even if we did get a point, hell, by some miracle if we got 3 points, it still just isn't good enough as we are just getting up for the big games and that attitude doesn't win cock all.

I think the Wolves game was where we blew top 4.

Rumour is Lukaku, De Gea and Pogba want out if we don't qualify, and they are playing like they want that to happen.

We have blown this, Ole needs to show those players he's not happy with by picking the youth team players.

The thought of Liverpool doing the double is awful, so I am in two minds about this result. I know mathemetically we could still qualify, but it is unlikely.

I think the Wolves game was where we blew top 4.

Rumour is Lukaku, De Gea and Pogba want out if we don't qualify, and they are playing like they want that to happen.

We have blown this, Ole needs to show those players he's not happy with by picking the youth team players.

The thought of Liverpool doing the double is awful, so I am in two minds about this result. I know mathemetically we could still qualify, but it is unlikely.
Albeit very very unlikely, if we beat City and beat Chelski on Sunday, were right back in it.

Then again, I've just re-read the above sentence and it doesn't seem very likely does it ?!

Spurs have lost their last 8 away games. They’ll drop points. Arsenal will too. As will Chelsea. But guess what we will too.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back