200px-Brighton_%26_Hove_Albion_logo.svg.png
V
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Sunday, 19th August
Premier League

Falmer Stadium
16:00
BST

Hope we turn up this year was such a disappointment last year this game as the season fizzled out before the cup final.

I guess players like young and lingard may be back in the fold after the World Cup so squad is getting back closer to being at full strength.

In terms of starting XI

De Gea

Young Lindelof Bailly Shaw

Fred Periera Pogba

Rashford Lukaku Sanchez

Makes sense to give Young a start keep Darmian on the bench just in case he tires

I think we need to pick a front 3 and stick with it to me this one makes the most sense.

If Murray starts for them I guess that could be a good test of if Lindelof is ready to be a starter as the big strong bully type centre forward is the one he’s struggled with so far.

Agree with your starting line up completely unless Herrera is back from injury?

Wasn’t sure what was wrong with Herrera assuming it’s an injury I’d bring him back to the bench rather than straight into the starting lineup. He will need some football as he won’t get picked for the internationals coming up.

yeah I like that 11. Mata didn't sound like he had a good game v Leicester on the radio, he did pass a lovely bal to Shaw though.

Hope Rashford gets a go on the right this season.

Mata was ok but he doesn't have the legs to play counter attack for me he's a guy who should come on when we're struggling to open a team up to pick the lock as he can provide that quality around the box.

I think to get the best from Mata you want to be a team that dominates possession so he can basically hang out close to the opposition goal and try to open them up and not have to worry about chasing back.

Personally think the club should've looked to move him on in the summer as he's down to his final year of contract but it's obvious that they weren't going to sanction the signing of an experienced guy to replace him so I can see why they kept him around.

I think Shaw and Young at full backs with Rashford rm/rw would be a revalation, as I put in a different post yesterday or day before. All Rash needs to be told to do is to hug the touchline, beat his man and feed Lukaku with crosses. it would give the team a whole new dynamic. Then Martial can be used to replace Sanchez who is guaranteed to be poor again.

Man for man, as long as Pereira performs, I think this is the most dynamic XI we can put out as per @jsp team above.

I really don't see what Valencia offers anymore and Darmian is, well, Darmian, Matic too slow.

I actually think Darmian is a better right back than Valencia is now given a run of games and some faith from the coach I think he'd quickly be at the level Valencia was at last season.

I just had to pick myself up off the floor!! Valencia is poor but my god, Darmian is different level poor. He looks totally out of his depth at this level. James Maddison, playing for Leicester for his first ever game, made Darmian, a supposed Italian International, look like a rank amateur, it was embarrassing at times. I've played against better Sunday league right backs.

I actually think Darmian is a better option than Valencia who I think is completely done as a player. Personally think he should have just resigned last summer his legs have gone. Towards the back end of last season he was turning in to a liability and he can't get up and down the pitch.

I just had to pick myself up off the floor!! Valencia is poor but my god, Darmian is different level poor. He looks totally out of his depth at this level. James Maddison, playing for Leicester for his first ever game, made Darmian, a supposed Italian International, look like a rank amateur, it was embarrassing at times. I've played against better Sunday league right backs.

Not saying Darmian is great but say he's a 6 out of 10 right back, Valencia when he first started playing that role was a 7 maybe 8 out of 10 player but his decline last season was noticeable he's maybe still 6 out of 10 but quickly he'll be a 5. The man can't get forward and when he does his crossing is garbage as it always was playing RW the only thing he has introduced is the odd goal.

I reckon a run of games and a bit of confidence Darmian would be a competent full back based on his performances in the last 12 months he's no better or worse than Shaw has been when used on the left.

Did you not see him getting turning inside and out every 5 minutes? He's dreadful. On top of that he is clueless counter attacking.

I didn't say he was brilliant just said considering the rate of decline from Valencia over the last 18 months and the fact he turned up for pre season out of shape and overweight, I'm saying Darmian might actually be a better option this season. I expect Valencia to get worse over the course of this season whereas Darmian with a bit more confidence might actually be ok. Dalot needs to settle in quick once he's fit otherwise we could have big problems at right back all season.

The clubs cheap solution to the right back problem definitely didn't assume Valencia was going on the Luke Shaw diet over the summer.

I'd probably do the same Darmian on the bench can cover both sides if one needs to come off assuming he hasn't been sold.

Haven't seen how long Valencia is unavailable for.

Can see Young in for Darmian, Lukaku in for Mata. Possible that Lingard may start over Rashford too but i'd really like to see Rashford try and nail a place down in that front 3.

I did say last season, he was heading this way. Physically he looked spent from winter to the end of the season. Reportedly came back to pre-season in a not so good condition which led to his recent injury, perhaps suggests he needed more rest than usual during the summer and was unable to do the work he used to do in previous seasons. He's been very good for us but sadly, I think he's done for, and Shaw needs to step up at left back now this season as Young will have to be first choice at right back now.

I'd like to see Martial, Lukaku, Rashford.
Anyone know why Sanchez not travelled. Has Jose dropped him lol

Can only assume it’s injury as the reason for Sanchez not travelling.

Should we change formation try a 4-4-2 diamond?

I like 3 at the back but if a 4-4-2 diamond gets us 2 up front then I am all for it. With the central midfield players and lack of proper wingers it makes a certain amount of sense.

Team: De Gea, Young, Lindelof, Bailly, Shaw, Pereira, Fred, Pogba, Mata, Martial, Lukaku.

Think he just needs a game hasn’t played any football since he left the pre season tour.

Surprised at the start but great chance for Martial to stake a claim on a starting spot let’s hope he’s on it today and up for proving a few people wrong.

Make a change now. Don’t care who it is wake these pricks up

Why the hell did Bailly boot it out for a corner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back