Premier League 19/20: Man Utd vs Wolves

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
JSP is off to Old Trafford on his annual corporate sponsored day out.

The way this season is going I'll be taking full advantage of the 3 hours of free booze before kick off and I'll probably be happy to walk out in the 68th minute with the rest of the fans to get back to the free bar. Haha!

In terms of injury news doesn't sound like any of the walking wounded are ready to return just yet and we've obviously lost Matic which really limits the options further in midfield which probably means Bruno goes in straight from the start in this one.

Wolves are basically our bogey side 5 games with them in the last 18 months 1 win 2 draws and 2 defeats and honestly I think we've been the worse team in all 5 games we really do struggle against these guys so can't see it being a high scoring game.

In terms of team selection probably looking at something like this

DDG

Maguire Lindelöf Shaw

AWB Fred Periera William

Bruno

Martial James

It looked like Ole lost patience with Lingard on Wednesday night vs City so can't see him starting this game we might see Mata ahead of Greenwood who I see more as an impact sub than a starter right now. We've seen the Fred/Periera midfield before and it's not pretty but I don't really see what other choice we have

I hope they don't walk out, the team really need the fans at the moment, stay behind after the game and protest, don't let the team suffer.

Especially as they are going to do the munich remembrance and a player will make his debut.

58th minute walk out isn't it JSP?

I hope Bruno does get straight in the side. Looking forward to seeing him in a United shirt. Going to have a couple quid on him first goalscorer. He's here to make an impact and can only do that in the side.

58th minute walk out isn't it JSP?

I hope Bruno does get straight in the side. Looking forward to seeing him in a United shirt. Going to have a couple quid on him first goalscorer. He's here to make an impact and can only do that in the side.

Think I saw something saying it had been changed to 68th minutes as they didn't want to link it directly to Munich but not sure it's actually going to happen. Think it's best to put it back to the next game as it's the Munich memorial game and it hasn't been that well organised at this point, so I don't think the fans should be doing it at this game but I fully expect the chants to continue.

I'm in the block next to the directors not sure if signing Woodward songs will go down well where I'm sitting.

to be honest, the management have changed things since Ole arrived.

They did the spunking money on players. Now they seem to have a bit of plan. I understand the results push this too, but they have signed Fernanades, let's just get behind the team.

I support the protest enough is enough with Woodward as far as I'm concerned I don't buy this he's a commercial genius narrative either the clubs value has grown because the value of sports clubs has grown because due to huge TV deals in the last 5 or 6 years but even that is starting to top out.

Football performance needs to be the number one priority at this club for the next 5 years to get us back to where we should be which is challenging for the title every season not challenging for 4th and I want to see investment in the ground as well and I would actually like to see the a chunk of the debt paid off with the next round of shares they sell.

Put some people in place who know what they're doing and make them accountable for the football let Woodward go back to looking after the pennies and the pounds the bankers should not be getting involved in the football because I think they've shown they're incompetent over a sustained period of time now.

I know it's not for everyone but this "lets just stick behind the team" thing doesn't wash with me the team need to have the self awareness that this has nothing to do with them or the manager we are 100% behind them it's to do with the board/owners who have shafted the club financially for over a decade.

I don't think we should be walking out from this game because it's the Munich memorial game but I do think they need to do it for the next game.

the pont i'm making is they have changed how the club is run, and how the transfers are done, in the summer. Seems daft to moan about it when it needs to run it's course.

I'd be moaning about the lack of investment in the stadium, to be fair they have pumped loads of money into the squad, you can't fault the money spent, just the how, which they changed 6 months ago.

But I am for Glazers out, don't worry about that.

Have they changed though? We’ve still got no director of football. We still wasted an entire month getting this Bruno deal done before succumbing to Sportings demands, should have just agreed to this Jan 2nd. We still have wasted an entire window and brought in one player when it’s obvious a CM and a Striker were requirements.

Bruno Fernandes signing has papered over the cracks a bit but they’re still screwing everything up.

The protest is all good and well but it’s not going to make one jot of difference. The fans have still paid their money to get into the ground so the Glazers won’t even bat an eyelid. I want them out as much as the next person but sadly I think we are stuck with them for the foreseeable.

But even if we are stuck with them we should still be able to have a footballing structure in place which is the main point. An accountant shouldn't be making football decisions.

I think it's papers and the fans who don't really now what's going on just blame Woodward. When if you read into it, it's not him. He runs the money past the Glazers.

We have no idea why the deal took this long, or who changed their demands, or if they both ceded.

But yes we do need a DoF. I'm hoping we're taking our time so as to get the right man.

Well tell us what is going on then don't just do everything in secret if you don't tell your customers/fans what you're doing when things are going badly don't expect them to put up with it. Woodward has given one interview to the fans, it's fair to say Ole gives mixed messages we all get it's a long term rebuild plan but lets start seeing some action 2 or 3 players isn't going to make the difference. Peel back the long term strategy and you could really argue it's actually cost cutting that is going on as Utd show no interest in competing for the worlds top players anymore.

Yes some things seem to have changed in the last 12 months but has it really changed we signed some players and sold some players and appointed a new manager but results on the pitch are still dreadful so fans are rightfully p*ssed off. You try calling into MUTV and have your say about how the club is run and they cut you off so what else can you do.

They're taking their time because they don't want one that position has been talked about since LVG came in and basically said the club isn't being run properly they don't want a DoF because they don't want someone outside of their little power group having a say.

Fans are p*ssed off with watching the same sh*t wrapped up in a different package every season especially when you are paying for a season ticket you have a right to an opinion.

They're the third richest club in the world with the second highest wage bill according to reports and they are struggling to finish above 5th on a regular basis they've had time to transition after Fergie left now it's time to start seeing some fruits of that because we can't keep going into these big games hoping to win we need to be expecting to win.

i'm just saying, it's a funny time to start having a go at the owners, at bout 5 years too late.

It strikes me they are fed up with the team, don't want to have a go at Ole, so are going for the board.

Which I'm happy about, I just think the timing is off, when changes have been made on the team side of things.

I think the fans are just as much in disarray as the board. they don't know what their doing. And to be honest, what is the end game, replace the Glazers with who? who is going to come in and not want to take money out.

It's probably a better idea, than threatenig to kill them, to try and meet them and find out wtf is going on.

It’s only going to get worse for them. The fans could deal with it whilst it’s Chelsea and City winning things but there was always gonna be a bigger kickback when it’s Liverpool dominating and embarrassing us.

Reality is the owners have beaten fans into submission long ago we were powerless to stop the takeover, when they tried to start selling shares back in 2010 we were powerless again and since then despite being unpopular they haven't really had to deal with much fan revolt as fans know they can't really win as nothing you do will force a change.

6 seasons of decline on the pitch has kind of put it back on the agenda those who've stayed with it aren't happy that almost nothing seems to make a difference and I'd argue strongly against the idea that things have changed under Ole. They are the same we still have a manager calling the shots on the pitch and a banker calling the shots off it the Ole plan is just a new version of the Moyes/LVG/Mourinho plan which were basically these players aren't good enough we need to sign more.

Woodward is getting it because he's said stupid things over the last 5 years and he's the figure head of the Glazer operation and no fan gives a sh*t how much money the club makes what we care about is what happens on the pitch and on the pitch we are back to where we were 30 years ago. A decent cup side about to watch the scousers win the league only difference is back then you had a man in Ferguson fronting the rebuild who could say he'd taken out the old firm in Scotland and won a European trophy along the way which was a hell of an achievement.

Do you honestly think fans haven't tried to have conversations with the club about things and been shut down. Took Woodward 5 years to actually sit down with UWS something he said he'd do when he took over.

I think the timing probably was about right we were snubbed by Haaland for Dortmund, our best player wants to leave, in the space of a month we've lost to City, Liverpool, Arsenal & Burnley (feels like I've missed one), the paper thin squad they've assembled is breaking down. We were told in the summer if Lukaku left we'd get a replacement we didn't then January comes we still don't get one.

Woodward in a way has bought this on himself because with Ole in charge who is a club legend like you say the anger turns to him first he hasn't got that unpopular manager buffer to protect him anymore.

I think it's futile protesting unless you have a goal. Replace the Glazers with another group who are going to extract money isn't going to help.

If you actually stand back and think about it seriously, the future of our club is bleak. And has been since the club was forced into debt for the takeover.

I just hope they start getting the transfers right and we can compete again.

But thoughts of stadium improvements I have are just stupid.

I really want Jim Ratcliffe to have a change of heart. At least he's a supporter.

The point of the protest I guess is fans want to see Woodward sacked as far as the fans are concerned he's doing a terrible job of running the club as the man at the helm who keeps firing the managers he's employed he is responsible for the mess.

You are right though the message of the protest isn't clear which is why I don't think it should be done until someone say MUST actually come forward and say this is what we want and this is what it is about.

I'm going to the game and I don't even know if it's happening which sort of tells you all you need to know.

Getting Utd fans together on an issue on mass has always been a problem as they're so divided and all the little camps hate each other bringing all those camps together is basically an impossible job.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nice to see him start. Hopefully he can get off the mark today!

I hate the way Martial drifts around the edge of the box when we’re looking for someone to cross to.

First half Bruno has looked like a great signing. He finds space, he’s not afraid of a challenge, and he’s looking to release runners - just we have only Martial doing any runs.

I think Pereira has had a good game so far, and I think he and Mata both thrive off a player like Bruno who is comfortable with passing and moving in crowded spaces.

Shaw looks done at this level, I guess he got the nod over Williams because of Traore’s physicality? I think Williams is such a better attacker that our left side is anemic. James is too raw, fast but little skill. He can and will get better, we shouldn’t be relying on him yet.

Can we please now all agree that Ole has to go...

Not at all. I’ll agree that Martial is a useless waste of space without Rashford and offers the square root of nothing! Hate watching him play with a passion when he’s not interested like today.

Not at all. I’ll agree that Martial is a useless waste of space without Rashford and offers the square root of nothing! Hate watching him play with a passion when he’s not interested like today.
So lack of ideas. Lack of tactics to break a team down. Let's absolve Ole of blame because he's a club legend.

So lack of ideas. Lack of tactics to break a team down. Let's absolve Ole of blame because he's a club legend.

I am 100% sure Ole doesn’t say to Martial when we’re looking for a cross in to the box you stand outside it. Completely still hand on hips.

Ole knows the problem he’s said he needs a striker that wants to score now Rashford is injured. I expect us to be a better side with Ighalo in the team and that tells you how highly I rate Martial as a centre forward without Rashford up there with him.

David Moyes, lvg, and jose weren't club legends and they couldn't get a tune out of this team despite spending more money. As I have said a million times before I am not convinced he is the right man, but be has to be given the opportunity. This is a pretty badly run club with tons of work in terms of signings and getting rid of deadwood still to be done. This is a huge work in progress

Bright side is at least we looked organised at the back. We’ve got a two week break now. And a massive game against Chelsea when we get back. Hopefully we’ll have a few more bodies in as Mata or Lingard shouldn’t be starting.

Periera wasn’t bad today but also shouldn’t be getting in the team. Think we’ll look a different side with Pogba and Fernandes in the team.

I am 100% sure Ole doesn’t say to Martial when we’re looking for a cross in to the box you stand outside it. Completely still hand on hips.
And I am 100% convinced that Ole is also not going to lead this team forward to any kind of success.

Just boring football where’s the excitment? I know we got injury’s but it’s like watching paint dry I’m not against ole but it’s painful to watch us ,do we play one touch pass in training? Because as soon as we get run down we panick and Don’t want the ball.

Just boring football where’s the excitment? I know we got injury’s but it’s like watching paint dry I’m not against ole but it’s painful to watch us ,do we play one touch pass in training? Because as soon as we get run down we panick and Don’t want the ball.
People will use injuries as an excuse and yeah ok it's a fair reason right now. But the results and the style have been terrible even with most players healthy so it's just making excuses for Ole.

People will use injuries as an excuse and yeah ok it's a fair reason right now. But the results and the style have been terrible even with most players healthy so it's just making excuses for Ole.
There’s no point even crossing the ball either , for one it’s got to actually get to someone not go all the way to the sidelines and two someone in the middle got to know what to do with it the chances of both of these happening on a cross for us is rare so what’s the point wasting time?

Was a tough game wolves give you nothing space wise and you really have to work hard to find space against them but Utd’s problem was the ball was moving to slowly and there was zero running in behind from wide players or midfield not that their was much space to do that. I though Mata, Periera and Fernandes all kind of do the same thing take it, turn and pass they don’t really move past people and open up the opponent. Moving Bruno back made sense and all round I’d say a good debut certainly seems to want to dictate the game ordering people around.

Wolves offered little going forward but they did break with intent a few times and Maguire I thought did a great job stopping the breaks forward he looked quality yesterday.

Thing is Dalot has to take that chance he takes that 1-0 we all go home happy grinding out a home win vs a very tough opponent instead he misses and we go home feeling gutted with another draw.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back