Premier League 19/20: Man Utd vs Aston Villa

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Another game where you have no idea what will happen.

Villa have a few players who've impressed since they came up most notably Mings, McGinn & Grealish and in Wesley they have the similar striker to Mousset who caused us problems last week vs Sheff Utd.

In terms of injuries still waiting for news but doesn't sound like anyone will be back but I don't see anyone who travelled to Astana starting I really hope we play a back 4 think we might see Matic (if he's fit) as the 2 man midfield we played the other day clearly didn't work and there is no other option.

DDG

AWB Lindelöf Maguire Williams

Fred Matic

James Periera Rashford

Martial

There's a chance of seeing Mata as well.

Chelsea lost at home so chance to cut the gap to top 4 to 6 points.

We’ve got to start building some momentum in the league.

Do people actually think this team can make top 4?

I think they can because I think there are 3 good sides in this league this season I’m not totally convinced by Chelsea.

Keep the key men fit and maybe get someone in January I think we can catch up but I also think both Spurs andArsenal will be thinking the same.

Team

DDG

AWB Lindelof Maguire Williams

Fred Periera

James Mata Rashford

Martial

Grant, Shaw, Tuanzebe, Young, Garner, Lingard, Greenwood

I think they can because I think there are 3 good sides in this league this season I’m not totally convinced by Chelsea.

Keep the key men fit and maybe get someone in January I think we can catch up but I also think both Spurs andArsenal will be thinking the same.
They absolutely can't mate. Sorry they just can't. They don't have the quality, I said that last year and this year.

I thought Mason Greenwood should have been the first substitution.

I agree with that. When you need a goal to bring your substitute striker on with 9 minutes to go is not good.

it was a frustrating listen on the radio, the amount balls that went into the box and neither Rashford or Martial were there, how are they expecting to score.

Perhaps not but with someone like Poch we know they can build a team to contend and compete.

If that’s what we know then we also know 4 years down the line that team will have won nothing and he’ll lose the dressing room.

If that’s what we know then we also know 4 years down the line that team will have won nothing and he’ll lose the dressing room.
But it'll be a contender again. A team with talent who can take the next step.

To get back to the top with this club needs a real rebuild. It needs to be done bit by bit. First things first become a serious team again. A top 4 regular.

Yes bit my bit and so far Ole’s signings have been good. I’m happy to let him continue to make more signings and see where he can go with it bit by bit.

I think the issue will be if we continue to drop down the league attracting the top players will become harder if even if we can throw money at the problem which isn't always a good thing because you then attract players who's main focus is money.

The only thing keeping Ole in the job is Woodward he knows if he sacks Ole then surely he's in the firing line as he'd be another manager he's picked who's been fired having made little to no impact.

Surely he knows he can't sack him after one transfer window, that should put his job on the line. Like it or not, Ole is the manager, he may not be good enough, but he's had little chance to show it. We some patience

Surely he knows he can't sack him after one transfer window, that should put his job on the line. Like it or not, Ole is the manager, he may not be good enough, but he's had little chance to show it. We some patience

I mean technically it's 2 windows but it's harsh to include the first one as he was only an interim. I think sometimes as a manager you have to own up and say we/I made a mistake and Woodward might have to do that he also needs to seriously consider appointing people to manage this process.

Woodward and Ole kind of come together as a pair so sadly Ole is probably taking flack for failures of Woodward over the summer to get the squad turned over quicker.

As for the chance he's had 14 league games so far this season in 6 of those game he's taken the lead and failed to hold on to it, he's lost 4 times to teams who are mid table team Palace, West Ham, Newcastle and Bournemouth these are not difficult games. 4 wins from 14 by anyone's standard just isn't good enough and it is now time to seriously start asking the tough question.

Yesterday we had some issues the central midfield is beyond a joke but he's missing arguably his 3 first choice players through injury in Pogba, Matic and McTominay. Up front his only centre forward is so hit and miss & he has no number 10.

My principle frustration is that lack of plan on the field, I mean what do they do in training? I'm fed up of the pick out Maguire corner routine, and we simply have no invention at other set pieces. It's fine buying the manager players but he has to know what to do with them.

Yes bit my bit and so far Ole’s signings have been good. I’m happy to let him continue to make more signings and see where he can go with it bit by bit.
Have they? AWB doesn't look a £50M RB, he's been fine but he's not really changed a great deal. I mean he's a RB but in a time where full backs are having more influence going forwards he's not. Some are talking about Laird pushing him...

Have they? AWB doesn't look a £50M RB, he's been fine but he's not really changed a great deal. I mean he's a RB but in a time where full backs are having more influence going forwards he's not. Some are talking about Laird pushing him...

I think that's harsh on AWB he wasn't £50m because of what he does going forward he was £50m because of what he does defensively and so far this season not a single winger has had the better of him and he's been a massive upgrade on Young, Darmian and Dalot who were playing this position last season. I mean the only other full backs who moved for that sort of money this summer elsewhere in Europe currently sit on the bench at City (Cancelo) & Madrid (Mendy) and the guy Arsenal got for £30m Tierney is struggling.

All this talk of Laird jumping ahead of him is very premature I've never seen the kid play but I heard good things but I also hear he's had terrible luck with injuries so he'll need to get himself in peak physical condition if he wants to be a top right back at the club that plays twice a week.

I also think the going forward thing is being massively over played it's not like he can't pass, dribble or cross a ball at all he's much better going forward than Shaw for example and if we had a striker who actually looked to get on the end of crosses then I reckon AWB would have a few assists by now. He reminds me a lot of Kyle Walker when he was younger keen but not quite got the delivery right yet.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back