Premier League 19/20: Brighton vs Manchester United - 8:15pm

SuperRash

Next game up on Tuesday night.

Think we will basically see the same team as vs Sheffield United - maybe with the exception of Fernandes being rested. If he is rested Pogba will probably play in his position with Matic and Fred/McTominay behind.

I don’t think he’ll rest Fernandes. Think it’ll be a case of he goes every game and is run in to the ground a bit too much as we’re a totally different side with him in it.

Hopefully go 2 up and get him off for a rest.

I don’t think he’ll rest Fernandes. Think it’ll be a case of he goes every game and is run in to the ground a bit too much as we’re a totally different side with him in it.

Hopefully go 2 up and get him off for a rest.
That’s what I’m worried about, he runs him into the ground and he gets injured. Obviously Bruno looks fit as a fiddle but all players need a little rest. Agreed he probably will start just to get the job done early and then he can be taken off. Obviously we all want to see him in tandem with Pogba because together they can be super special.

I don't think Fernandes can be exhausted though. I think it's match fitness for these players? They've had 3 months off it can't be exhaustion.

I don't think Fernandes can be exhausted though. I think it's match fitness for these players? They've had 3 months off it can't be exhaustion.

It's all about injury risk.

They put the body under huge pressure in games running close to 15km in 90 minutes with a lot of sprints so it's all about how quickly you recover. If you aren't fully recovered and you push the body again chances are something breaks then you're out for weeks, it's often called being in the red zone.

If the physio's think he's good to go again and he seems to be a very fit lad who can handle the pressure then surely he'll be back out on the field again.

I don't think Bruno will start to be honest.

Pogba to start.

I'm not sure we will see the Sheff Utd team I think we might see something similar to Spurs away from home a little more caution then bring on the reinforcements to win it.

I think Shaw will be rested as he's played every minute so far and I think we might put Bruno on the bench as well.

DDG

AWB Lindelöf Maguire Williams

McTominay Matic Pogba

Greenwood Martial Rashford

Brighton are a big side very good on set pieces so he might look to start Bailly over Lindelöf.

Another game where we need to dominate the ball and drain their legs and just make sure we are ruthless with the chances we create like it or not we've got a fight on our hands to hold on to 5th as Wolves are on a roll so it's got to be wins wins wins if we want a shot at CL next season.

Same team as last week I believe.

I’ve had a fun bet.

Greenwood to Score
Dunk to get Booked
Over 2 goals.
United to win by more than 1
Over 8.5 corners

105/1

Plenty of goals tonight lads. If gone a couple of quid on 2-4 @ 66/1 with a PP power up

Can’t argue with the line up hopefully can get the win.

Looks like they’re going 3-5-2 so my guess is they’ll sit deep and go direct to their 2 strikers try and get them into the channels behind our defence.

Great stuff from Greenwood.

Nice positive start be great to get another before half time.

Hopefully we don’t switch off with this drinks break keep the pressure on and hopefully kill them off.

Yep game setup perfectly now for us keep the ball nothing silly and try and pick them off a few more times.

Greenwood looks a really special player doesn’t he.

Yep game setup perfectly now for us keep the ball nothing silly and try and pick them off a few more times.

Greenwood looks a really special player doesn’t he.
I said sometime ago elsewhere I expected him to become world class and was scoffed at. I still have that expectancy.

It’s just a joy to watch and we haven’t said that often about this United the last 5-6 years.
These are the teams we were struggling against and it really is a good indication of the progress Ole is making. That said, here's hoping we don't reverse the trend and start struggling against the better teams.
But clearly we are building something again and (just as we knocked them in the bad times) we now need to congratulate all at United for starting to get the right mix, showing some vision and putting football first again.

I said sometime ago elsewhere I expected him to become world class and was scoffed at. I still have that expectancy.

I heard lots about him but never really watch the youth teams games so don’t get to hyped over the kids but as soon as he went into first team games you could see he’s special.

Sounds like the club got him on the weights during lockdown build his body up a bit will have helped him a lot as earlier this season he was struggling to last 90 minutes.

Makes you wonder do we need to spend 100m on a guy like Sancho as Greenwood looks made for the right side.

This looks like a team. A band of brothers who want to do things together, but also a group who know they need to perform if they want to be on the journey.

Beautiful goal

Dominating header by Maguire beat 2 in the air, perfect pass from Matic to Greenwood, Perfect cross to the back stick and the Perfect strike from Bruno.

I've got a bet on him vs Marcus Edwards premier league goals by the time they're 25. It's looking a good one.

You know what... Maybe just maybe Ole is going to be the man for the job. Maybe not to take United back to full glory but to make United relevant again. Things seem to be clicking for them.

I heard lots about him but never really watch the youth teams games so don’t get to hyped over the kids but as soon as he went into first team games you could see he’s special.

Sounds like the club got him on the weights during lockdown build his body up a bit will have helped him a lot as earlier this season he was struggling to last 90 minutes.

Makes you wonder do we need to spend 100m on a guy like Sancho as Greenwood looks made for the right side.
As far as I know it, he took that upon himself and very much to Ole's liking

You know what... Maybe just maybe Ole is going to be the man for the job. Maybe not to take United back to full glory but to make United relevant again. Things seem to be clicking for them.

If it finishes like this It'll be:

15 games unbeaten

12 wins

3 draws

38 scored

4 goals conceded

Gone off it since the 3rd goal time for the changes to come guess a few legs might have gone and Brighton have changed the system

Just need to tighten up we've got sloppy with the ball need to keep it better and play a bit more in their half.

Martial has struggled to get in the game been tidy but nothing really fallen for him yet.

Definitely slacked off in the last 20 minutes or so. Brighton have definitely been better and could have easily got one or two.

Solid result. Another 3 goal victory. It’s becoming routine again.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back