Pre-Season training starts tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSNFRMN

YAY!

Rio said earlier that he's going to training tomorrow although he won't be training.

Rio said: "Re acquainted with the lads! Good 1st day back, let's get it on for the new season. I love this game" he also mentioned how he likes the new kit and how it "wet his appetite".

Here's an article on the official site about pre-season training. Mentions exclusive interviews coming up, starting tomorrow.

While the start of the school holidays is just around the corner for young United fans, today was like the exact opposite for the players - the first day of term.

Monday 5 July had been circled on calendars since the last ball of 2009/10 was kicked and so, after a month or more off work, the senior players returned to Carrington for pre-season medical tests and check-ups.

While new defender Chris Smalling was among those reporting for duty, there were some notable absentees - South Africa 2010 participants Michael Carrick, Patrice Evra, Ji-sung Park, Wayne Rooney and Nemanja Vidic are now taking their delayed summer rest.

Sir Alex Ferguson has allayed concerns about Wayne's condition, following a disappointing World Cup campaign. The boss said, "There's nothing wrong with the lad or his fitness. He's relaxing on holiday and I expect him to come back refreshed for the new season."

Meanwhile, Sir Alex's latest import, Mexico's Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez, is also enjoying a breather before joining the squad for the first time while the Reds are on tour. "He looks an exciting prospect," said the manager. "He has pace and a good scoring record. I'm looking forward to seeing him in a United shirt."

ManUtd.com is taking a closer look at United's pre-season preparations this week, finding out how staff at Carrington and Old Trafford are getting ready for 2010/11.

Look out for exclusive interviews on the website from Tuesday, followed by photos of the players in their new training kit from Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back