Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cnt8JzJWcAAMObD.jpg

Do we know if zlatan is going to the Olympics. Or maybe he will join the rest of the squad in gothenburg.

He's not going to the Olympics I'm sure of that as he's retired from international football. Maybe his first game has deliberately been agreed to be that game in Gothenburg.

I think he was given an extra week as took time out of his holidays after the Euros to complete move.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Think from everything I've been reading that is the right decision? Players safety and health must come first.

What a waste of time traveling halfway around the world to play just one match. Preseason tour should not be decided by the money men. Commercial interests should come second to performance on field.

What a waste of time traveling halfway around the world to play just one match. Preseason tour should not be decided by the money men. Commercial interests should come second to performance on field.

I'm really surprised by this tour more than any before... I get that these tours are for money and marketing purposes... But we usually play more games against local teams? I've never known us to go to the Far East or the States with only two games planned?

How does this pre-season compare to other pre-seasons? And how does the pre-season compare to our rivals?

Shambles of a tour. I miss the days where we'd play 5 games against MLS sides or the likes of Hangzhou Greentown.

Yeah completely agree. I know the game being cancelled today couldn't be helped but what's the point in going all that way for two matches anyway? What happened to the days where we'd play a few games to get back up to kind of match sharpness?

Shambles of a tour. I miss the days where we'd play 5 games against MLS sides or the likes of Hangzhou Greentown.

Yeah agree with that. There are all these friendly tournaments now in far off lands, all in the name of money. In the past smaller Chinese clubs would get the opportunity to play the big teams but that doesn't happen anymore. Terrible and pointless tour but least we have left now and we have games against Galatasaray and Everton to come, and then the Community Shield. So there is plenty of games to get the sharpness up. Also the game against Galatasaray will see Ibra come in, now that's exciting!

Today's game being cancelled was a shame for those who had something to prove. The young lads and the fringe players will see their game time limited further now with the Euros lads available for the next games.

Today's game being cancelled was a shame for those who had something to prove. The young lads and the fringe players will see their game time limited further now with the Euros lads available for the next games.

Yeah and that's why I'm surprised and real disappointed that the tour didn't have a few games to give those guys a chance. What a real waste of time this tour has been to be honest. And how this promotes the club I don't know? It's not like we played a few games in a few places.

The tour was planned for Van Gaal which is the most baffling thing, he was the one that wanted less games.

Oh yeah of course... He made a big deal of how he'd had such a big say and so was staying put! I do worry that this preseason hasn't gone well just like last year for Jose. Not saying its all doom and gloom but it's not an ideal start I think we can all agree on that.

It has been a crap pre-season. I'm guessing van Gaal wanted a shorter tour because of the ridiculous flying all over the globe we have to do.

Why should van gaal take the blame. It's the club who decided that we fly halfway around the world to play two matches coz of commercial reasons. However you look at it, it's stupid to schedule two matches so far away. We should have concentrated our preseason in one place like we did last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back