Pre-season: MLS All-Stars v United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Date: 28 July 2010
Venue: Reliant Stadium, Houston
Kick Off: 19:30 CDT 01:30 BST

Lets have your thoughts? Who deserves a place in team or who requires game time?

Got to play the lads who are likely to be involved with team in the opening game against Newcastle, bringing the young guns through is important but getting the lads who are most important is more essential, last few years we've started slowly, must start starting the season better and we'll reap the rewards at the end of the season. Playing decent quality sides who are match fit and like to keep the ball will help us a lot, I think last night's game could be very vital for the first game of the season, we were forced to chase the ball down all night as they were just passing the ball around like Spain. Fitness must have improved a lot last night, no doubt this All-Stars team are the same and I wouldn't be surprised if Chivas were the same too.

As I said last night, i'd rather us lose in pre-season than beat a poor Chinese team called Hangzhou Greentown 8-2.

He's not a definite to play, Fergie's said if he doesn't think he's had enough prep then he won't play.

Yeah. Just readed this.

"He joined us today (Monday), and so we have to ascertain what he has been doing in the last few weeks physically, we would like to use him in part of the game on Wednesday - partly because I know there is a big Mexican population in Houston and it would be a very exciting attraction for them," said Sir Alex.

"Secondly we want to try to integrate him into the team as quickly as possible so those are the reasons we would like to play him but we want to just have a chat with him and see what he has been doing physically. I don't think it would be wise to play him without having any real preparation for this game."

I'd like to see Fletch today but i just readed that he has a slight knock and probably won't play.

Doing the traditional guess' exercise, I would like to see this team lined up today.

van der Sar; O'Shea, Brown, C.Evans, Fabio; Obertan, Gibbo, Cleverly, Nani; Welbeck, Berba.

Scholes deserves a rest. Was involved in all pre-season games so far.

Don't see Corry as a CB. Apart from that then yeah i'd go along with that, although unlike the other games I really want us to win this one, no English club has ever beaten the All-Stars, so it would be a great feat.

Corry won't start for sure...and even O'shea has a knock, so mostly it'll be VDS; Rafael, Brown, Evans, O'Shea/Fabio; Obertan, Gibson, Scholes, Cleverley/Welbeck; Macheda, Berbatov;

Hernandez will come on a sub since he has to play 90 mins in Mexico...i'm not too sure about Nani starting or coming on as a sub...tht's why i think Cleverley or Welbeck or maybe even Diouf might play on the wings

Hope he doesn't put Welbeck on the wing and I definitely hope he doesn't put Diouf out there. I'd like Diouf or Welbeck to partner Berba.

I just got home. No point in going for a kip now. Definitely having a few hours kip on Friday night before the game though.

After staying up watching these games, I fancy moving to the US, football on free tv, can't get much better than that, I could live with late kick offs. Also a lot more sun.

Been thinking of moving closer to Manchester next year when I finish college. 3 thoughts at the moment, stay here, nearer to Manchester or abroad. Never been abroad so I might have to try that one out first.

wow Brazil seems like a new option. Does it ever get cold in Brazil? I could sleep on a beach all my life. I like the sound of it.

JSNFRMN_MUFC said:
wow Brazil seems like a new option. Does it ever get cold in Brazil? I could sleep on a beach all my life. I like the sound of it.

Almost never. But, ironically, it's a little cold right now. It's almost always sunny, you can see at least five beautiful women on the beach per second, not to mention the Brazilian football. Despite the violence, Brazil is a great place to live.

MLS team: Ricketts, Olave, Gonzalez, Marshall, Beckerman, De Rosario, Schelotto, Morales, Pappa, Donovan, Buddle. Angel on bench.

No Henry. :(

MLS team: Ricketts, Olave; Gonzalez, Marshall, Beckerman, De Rosario; Schelotto, Morales, Pappa, Donovan; Buddle. Angel on bench.

Cheers i'm gonna need it. I really don't like working for people. I'd like to be my own boss, think it runs in the family, my dad's self employed. I think it's the farming mentality.

Apparently Kick Off might even be 2am now or even later...

Build up on MUTV's not even started has it? What is going on? Should have gone for a kip.

V der Sar, Rafael, Brown, Evans, Fabio, Obertan, O'Shea, Fletcher, Giggs, Macheda, Nani

MLS Team is actually... Ricketts; Alston, Olave, Marshall, Pearce; Pappa, Joseph, Morales, Le Toux; Schelotto, Angel

He's played there before. O'Shea can play anywhere, played upfront for 10 mins and got a goal, played in goal for 10 mins and saved a one on one against Robbie Keane. All-Rounder!

I posted the same MLS team before you mate. You're slow tonight.

Macheda needs gametime. Looks like Rafael and Fabio will be able to get forward more tonight with us playing 433.

I was thinking the same about "our Freddie Flintoff" then I realised that if John played cricket, he'd also be the Wicketkeeper aswell as being a Batsman and a Bowler.

Also like the stadium. GK shirt a guilty pleasure for me by the way.

damn! i miss the first 20 mins :(
since i've seen watching, all stars are playing better. the front 3 seem dysfunctional...even the midfield, O'shea not really working imo.

Good win so far. Giggs can find space where has not. Top class player even with 36.
Macheda is much more active than in other games. Almost netted a hat-trick. Well done Kiko.
Nani very well from the sides..
O'Shea worries me a little in marking.And Evans is coming late in some corner kicks.

Even without Scholes, the team has improved greatly in the pass considering the last game. I'ts easier than I expected.

Gutted for Obertan, hope the kid is alright. Kiko has been a lot more energised tonight. O'Shea has been anonymous in my opinion (gotta love him though). Giggsy is a machine. Evans is getting forward a bit with the ball. Fletch is knocking around some cracking passes and should have scored really, unlucky to hit the bar. 2nd half, i'm off.

Macheda not really working upfront alone adn now that Giggsy is off, have my doubts if we'll dominate the game :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back