Pre-Season: Kansas City Wizards V United

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Giggs and Scholes starting every game so far also has something to do with helping out the youngsters. Probably takes them more time to get match sharpness etc. back too although they've both looked the sharpest so far, unbelievable sportsmen.

Also want Kiko to start, apparently he had an injury towards the end of last season so maybe that's a reason for his poor performances so far.

Nani can play on the right and left, as can Obertan so it wouldn't surprise to see both start. Nani should get some game time but it's not essential in my opinion, he did play a bit in the World Cup warm ups and was involved with training so he's probably still fit especially as his injury wasn't to do with his legs so he's probably been running, just not been involved in any contact. Could be a bit of a risk starting him in my opinion, if he falls awkwardly, he could have a setback.

I'd really like to see Corry Evans get a start and Amos.

Indian Sunil Chhetri,our best player atm,plays for Kansas so I'll definitely keep an eye out for him as well.He is the 1st Indian to play in MLS.He also had trial with Coventry last year but didn't get work permit because India's ranking is very low(145 or something) and only top 70 nation's players get work permit to play in PL.I felt really bad he didn't get it.This country is not doing anything to improve facilities and develop football as a sport at all! Its always about cricket. :x

He is a striker.

Nope nothing much done to improve it.Indian Football Federation hired Bob Houghton as manager and he was helping develop football here and he did quite well too,winning a few trophies but they sacked him last year because he is not the right man or something.He was the right man imo.

Its always all about cricket here.You notice how much preparation is done for a IPL match(which is not even international) whereas they don't even do half as much when Indian football team is going for the Asian Cup.The BCCI is filthy rich but they won't help promote football by providing some facilities for football.They're just a bunch of dickheads there.

I remember that lad having a trial with Coventry, didn't he score in a friendly or something. Pretty good player from what I heard of him.

Nani does start. Yeah. Gibson will probably start considering he didn't play at all in the last game. Hoping Kiko starts with Berba. He needs someone like Berba with him. Would really like to see more of Corry Evans. And would like to see Ben Amos.

No more tem news yet, although as you may know, Chicharito is meeting up with the team in Houston and might play some part of the next game.

Team: Amos; Rafael, Smalling, J.Evans, De Laet; Nani, Scholes, Gibson, Giggs; Berbatov, Diouf.

Daymn, so close to being the first to post that. haha.

Wish granted with Amos. No Kiko though. Diouf is always a delight to watch though, so much energy for a big man. Good to see Gibson back and of course Nani.

Do we think Diouf has slightly crept ahead of Kiko in the pecking order during this tour, Kiko has not impressed at all so far while Diouf has.

Van der Sar, Brown, Welbeck, Fabio, Obertan, Macheda, Evans and Cleverley all on the bench tonight

Appearently, Fletch, O'Shea and TK will not get involved tonight

Subs: VDS, Brown, Welbeck, Fabio, Obertan, Macheda, C.Evans, Cleverley.

Good healthy competition going on now.

Still in peak internet time = Internet is terrible, wish this game was starting at Midnight. Internet's always significantly better as soon as the clock strikes Midnight. Losing my patience trying to get a good stream in this heat, absolutely boiling.

Oh well it makes a change from him bringing someone down in the box :D ;)

Saw the goal...sort of, waiting till 12 as the internet gets much better then.

No we don't seem to be able to get going or even keep hold of the ball

Didn't look like it crossed the line to me, but i'm watching rubbish streams at the moment. 2 Minutes to Midnight! Cmon Internet, lesby avenue.

Read some really harsh comments about De Laet and Rafael tonight. Maybe they aren't playing well but is anyone else? This is pre-season, in really hot conditions, against fit sides. It's expected.

Bad performance by the back four.Is good to have Nani back. The best United's player infirst half. The Referee's ruining the game. Can anyone explain me why Giggsy Was booked? And sent off KC player.... in a PRE-SEASON FRIENDLY? ah, Screw you referee!

Pretty poor. Better to happen now than in August-May. And we're not the only team to have lost in pre-season. Positives... Welbeck and Cleverley's last 10-15 mins. Top cameo performances from them 2, everyone else was pretty poor to be honest.

I've already seen a lot of overreaction. I'd rather lose in pre-season than hammer some team 8-0 in pre-season. At the end of it, this is July, not May.

Suicides are happening right now over this.

I also take back any criticism i've given to any of the players in the 2 previous games by the way. Not the time to criticise really.

Frustrating. Deserved win by KC Wizards. But it was good to see Welbeck and Cleverly in action. Even with little time to show service, they played well. Moreover, it is good to see Welbeck playing well again. Will certainly have his long-awaited first team action at some clube.

It is never nice to see United lose, but there's no reason for this pandemonium that I've seen out there. Suddenly, Gibson has to leave the club, SAF has to do signing and considering some comments, it seems like we've lost the EPL. Calm down, for god's sake!

It's time to get over it and think about the next game, Probably the Chicharito's Debut.

Now that is ridiculous, he had from what I remember 2 shots both were on target but he sliced them, it happens in pre-season, we could have had our best 11 out tonight we still would have lost, it makes no difference as we'll be winning when it matters come Monday August the 16th.

No English side has ever beaten the all-stars, would be an even greater acheivement if we won.

I'm actually quite impressed with smalling's range of passing, his comfort on the ball. His posture is reminiscent of Pique. But it's important to remember that he's barely even played as a professional, let alone at this level. Only a few months ago, he was playing non-league football.

The MLS plays at quite a decent level - with a number of internationals playing throughout the league (from Senegal, New Zealand, the US, Canada, Colombia, Trinidad, Guatemala, Jamaica, Mexico, England :p etc.). It's not like this is a friendly against some league two side prepped to take a bruising.

I was impressed with Ben Amos. I like the way he look in goal, he has grown a little bit since 2 years ago when he first played for us in a friendly against Aberdeen. he is very comfortable and doesn't panic, he seems to pick the right times to pick a short pass, long counter attacking distribution and long throws as well. he does use his weaker foot as well a bit and does it to a good effect. he made a couple of good saves in the second half but should have done better with the second goal.

Would be a lot comfortable with a more experienced back 4 of say Evra, Rio, Vidic, Neville/Brown/O'Shea. As would the young defence been more comfortable with VdS in goal. The 90 minutes would have helped Amos a lot, I think we would do just fine if both VdS and TK got injured. I thought Amos was a lot bigger in build to be honest, not in height, just thought he was more stockier like TK.

Regarding whether, we should keep Clev and Welbeck, I don't think we should just keep them on the basis that they've been the best youngsters on tour so far, once the proper season starts and everyone is back they will be nowhere near the first 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back