Pre-Season: Chivas vs Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chich will play in both sides. Will be interesting. Hope to see the youngs involved again. Especially, Cleverly, Kiko and Welbeck. Certainly will be be an emotional game for Chicharito

That's going to be a tough thing to do. Wouldn't bother me anyway if I did find out the result... it's only pre-season. I just want to see how they do.

i think a win should be on the cards, we might see Corry get a start..maybe even De Laet and Smalling...Will be interesting in the second half when Hernandez plays for Chivas, i want to see how our defense copes with his pace, i'm sure they'll back off him to ensure they don't injure him or something but still his pace is gonna cause problems for sure.

I think it's more important to get the players who are likely to start the game against Newcastle, gametime. Get them fully sharp and fit and ready. We've seen what the youngsters can do, it's more important now to play the senior players like Berba, Nani, Fletcher, Scholes, Giggs, Evans, Brown, O'Shea and Van Der Sar. That's how I see it anyway.

i think the game in Dublin and the community shield are for that, since all the world cup players will be back, so very unlikely the youngsters will get a chance, so i think Fergie will give them this last shot.

Berbatov is so so frustrating to watch :(...feel like choking after what i have seen in the foirst 40 mins...won't post the scores since you guys wanna watch the game on MUTV :)

Entertaining game, very boring second half and Chicharito shinning again. More goals conceded by set-pieces, and that' a little worrying.

I talk more about the game later. it's 01:49 AM and I'm falling asleep.

was a bit surprised to see Hernandez come off in the second half...Corry Evans didn't dissapoint in the midfield, though i think he was playing too deep alongside Scholes...one of the reasons we didn't really dominate in possesion.

Smalling seems very awkward with the ball at his feet at times, his ball control is pretty bad, and so are his passes. I don't know if it is just this game or has it always been bad, but Physically a beast.

Berbatov was back to his frustrating best today :(

Only watched the highlights which probably makes my view null and void but this tour has moved Vida even further up in my estimation. As good as I think Evans will and Smalling hopefully will become they need to be playing alongside an experienced, world class defender. Brown really offers nothing in terms of coaching a youngster through games. It is staggering how poorly we defend set pieces with no Rio, Vida, GNev or VDS to organise the defence.

As for Cleverly, I would love him to stay. IF we were to recruit this summer it would have been in the attacking central area and with Anderson out for a while yet it surely is perfect timing for Cleverly to be given a chance. Is it not possible to arrange a loan at the beginning of October if he is no longer required for the first team? It would be pretty infuriating to see us labour against packed defences dropping points whilst Cleverly is unlocking defences for a Sunderland or Bolton.

And finally, team to play Toon?:

------------------------VDS-------------------------

Rafael-----------Evans--------Vida-------------Fabio

Nani------------Fletcher------Scholes----------Giggs

----------------Rooney--------Macheda---------------

Extra rest for Paddy and I'd really like to see us use Fabio in these games. It will give him valuable experience and assuage my growing fears of burn-out for the great Frenchman. He could always be on the bench if we need him, the same with Park. I have a feeling with the Chico love-in that Macheda might just be ready to put a marker down and I'd like to see him given the chance to do just that. Chico can destroy a tired defence in the final half hour. Berbatov needs a message that the latter part of last season was unacceptable and with Scholes and Giggs both starting Kikos energy will be required to compensate for ageing legs.

Sorry for the massive post!

the full backs did a pretty good job today, i was so happy to see Berbatov go off for the second half, Diouf reminded me of Tevez in a way today, did a lot of running and chasing, closing down the Chivas Defense while Berba just stood and watched.
Never been this frustrated by him before :(

That is why Berba and Diouf work so good together... if you're expecting Berba to be running around like a headless chicken, then why? why is there such a need from fans for every single player to be doing that, if everyone is doing that, then you're taking away other sides of a team's game, there's got to be a balance.

Smalling looks one hell of a threat from corners, so tall. A tad worried about our defence at the moment though, better tighten up before the first game and I reckon we will with Evra and Vida coming back. Still pre-season though so it's nothing too serious as long as it doesn't continue into the season. Chicharito scoring against us is a good sign. I swear if one of our midfielders chip the ball into the gap between defence and the GK, he will get there before anyone. Defences will have to play deeper against us aswell when he plays though, which could also work in our favour.

its not that BErbatov didn't run around, it was he put no effort in the game...i'm a Berba fan and still think he has a role to play but today he demonstrated why some fans get pissed watching him play, it was so so lazy, lazier than Berba's usual Laziness

Quite interesting first half and quite boring second half. I fell asleep. Yesterday was the first time that i was happy to see United conceding a goal, when Chicharito scored Lovely goal, by the way.

I didn't like the attack yesterday. Berbatov has suffered from a lack of creativity in midfield, and Diouf seemed a bit lost. And Macheda not changed the situation.

The defense worried me as well. A lot of goals conceded by set-pieces. in this preseason. Smalling was very slow and insecure yesterday. I hope this is because his adaptation.

Long ago that O'Shea did not play as Centre back and once again did not play well.

Cleverley didn't play well as winger and started to play better when it was moved to the middle.

Hope I'm not overestimating the lad, but I think Chicharito may be the new SAF's "bargain of the century"since Schmeichel. I am confident he will shine this season.

I see Cleverley more of a CM too.

Anyway onto having the full team back now, start planning properly for the season. Looking forward to seeing Carrick most, big season for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back