Sideshow Bob

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
V
170px-Liverpool_FC.svg.png

Saturday, 28th July 2018
Pre-season 2018/19

Michigan Stadium
22:05 BST

Great save from Grant. Salah's header was going in. Shitty defending from Bailly.

It was a pre season game. They played 8 of their starting 11 we played 2 of ours.

Still... The trend continues of a lack of shots on goal. And regardless of whether its pre season or not taking a hiding from a rival is still not good to see.

Did we get to see Fred?

Sounds like this whole pre season tour has been rather pointless no players available just chucking teams together and hoping for the best not like they’re working on anything tactical.

Mourinho seems to be getting grumpier by the day he’s not happy that Martial hasn’t returned to the tour, he’s almost begging the World Cup lads to come back to training early and again he’s complaining about the lack of transfer. Smalling pulled out of the game in the warm up and Matic has had to have surgery on an injury he arrived to pre season with which rules him out of the start of the season.

Never read to much into pre season results but never nice getting spanked by them and it shows they’re probably a lot more ready for the new season than us.

I watched only the first half. United played the same type of boring football we witnessed for the most part of last season. Liverpool clearly dominated as they saw more of the ball, engaged in build-up play and were preasing high up the pitch once United got the ball back. All the hallmarks of Klopp's way of football.
United sat back, defended deep and were waiting for counter attack opportunities. The way small teams like Leicester or Burnley would play against a top team.
I don't know what happened in the second half, but the first one left me disgusted. It's a pre-season friendly ffs, give the youngsters some freedom to impress. But not Mourinho, NO! We gotta play shitty, defensive football even in meaningless firendlies.

It got worse in the second half. Trying to cut Jose some slack they had a stronger starting 11 than us and were able to bring on the likes of Robertson, sturridge, and shaqiri. It still adds up to a really depressing pre season and Jose has done nothing to make me feel better.i really hate to say this after over 40 years but I almost wish I hadn't renewed my ticket.

I know we had less than half a decent team out but we played 3-5-2. I'm really hoping this is going to be our formation this season. Anybody else like to see this?

Only problem is it could easily turn into a negative Jose 5-3-2

I have said in past it's a formation I like but we have to play it right. Full backs are very important in that formation

Did Shaw miss the game as well?

Is he injured again?

Hopefully just a precaution then need him fit for start of the season with Young missing pre season.

Could easily still be Darmian at RB for first few games if Valencia is injured as he doesn’t need to leave until end of August if he’s going back to Italy.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back