Pre-Match: League of Ireland XI v United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a clue who's playing for them, all that matters is that the world cup lads and whoever didn't go on tour (Valencia) get gametime.

Also, a game at a decent time of day for us. Can get some sort of sleep patern going now. haha.

Owen it's unlikely. He still working with the phisios and i think he's not fit yet.
Valencia have a chance. He's making a such good recovery from his ankle injury.

Will be nice to see Rooney and co back in action again

Owen's already been confirmed as out for the start of the season.

Carrick has to play, hasn't played since the World Cup warm up games. He did play in them, didn't he? I reckon Carrick could have helped England regardless of form for us.

yeah looking forward to see a strenghen squad that day... Can´t wait to se hernandez next to Rooney... ok maybe this will not happen that day but to see Carrick and maybe fletch... and maybe a good performance from Obertan... We will see we will see... realy looking forward to season start

i don't think Obertan will play, will be surprised if he makes the bench even...i don't think Rooney will start though, i see Hernandez and Macheda starting, So will Carrrick and Valencia...Park might come off the bench.

Pretty sure it's tomorrow. Unless i've got it wrong...

O'Shea should be captain tomorrow, according to some reports. What does not come as a surprise, the game is in Ireland, he's Irish.... :)

O'Shea deserves to lead i think...great team player and there's no doubting his loyalty to the club...never complains either..

My dad walked into the local co-op once and got asked if he was John O'Shea. haha. (Might have told you this story before)

I was about to ask this. haha
---

Rooney and Nani arriving to training and showing to everyone the hard life of a football player.

article-1299962-0AAB6D31000005DC-464_468x286.jpg

article-1299962-0AABE39A000005DC-198_468x286.jpg

Squad list for the game from Nick Coppack's blog on Manutd.com and guess what Owen's fit!!

Goalkeepers: Tomasz Kuszczak, Ben Amos. Defenders: Rafael, Fabio, Vidic, Evans, O'Shea, Smalling. Midfielders: Carrick, Fletcher, Gibson, Nani, Park, Valencia. Forwards: Berbatov, Owen, Rooney, Hernandez.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={83A644F4-1A7E-48B9-AF95-4605613A9A18}&newsid=6651124&page=1

13:16 The funniest moment upon arrival came when Chicharito stopped signing autographs and headed inside the hotel. A young fan shouted: "Thanks Javier... and thanks for scoring that goal against France, too!" People in these parts still haven't forgotten

bit of a surprise that, might see Owen and Rooney start to get them some game time.
or maybe Hernandez and Rooney, with Owen coming on..

Gutted there's no Evra but I really want to see Carrick and Vida play.

friendly so i'm sure unlimited subs, i think Fergie has given Evra extra time off...great chance for Fabio to make a mark imo...pretty sure he'll start against Chelski...SAF considers the community shield as a friendly too and it would be a perfect chance to see how Fabio does against a string team

Kuszczak; Smalling, Vidic, Evans, O'Shea; Valencia, Gibson, Carrick, Park; Rooney, Owen.

EDIT: Subs - Amos, Nani, Fletch, Chicharito, Berba

4-4-2 or 3-5-2?

Smalling can play at RB apparently, read somewhere the other day. Got a feeling it's 3-5-2 with O'Shea in Mid again. Fergie obviously trying something there.

Maybe, Jonny Evans can play LB too, think he might have played at RB and LB for NI.

Yeah well it's not going to be used all the time anyway if at all. He might try it again in the League Cup.

Good to see Rooney back. Surprised to see owen playing I thought he was still injured. Is hernandez on the bench?

Good cross into the box by Valencia. Park should have done better with the header

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back