Post Match Discussion: Manchester City 2-3 Manchester United

Where did that second half come from!! I had no hopes after that first half. Jose might have given them all a rocketing at half time. Pogba was brilliant. So was Sanchez.

Big shout out to the people moaning at Jose and his tactics. And fair play to Alexis for sprinkling some magic out there today. Over the moon!

Defensively we were very poor yesterday. Especially first half. And if anyone needed more proof we need new full backs and a centre back then yesterday's match showed it all.

Young got lucky twice not to give away 2 stone wall pens. Smalling lost Kompany. Bailly lost his head inbetween going from 2 nil down to half time. Valencia looked okay against Sane but the difference in pace was very clear. We need reinforcements back there this summer.

Massive positives are Pogba and Alexis coming to the party. The team having the confidence and belief to come back from 2 nil down in Citys back yard. And playing the second half 10/15 yards further up the field trying to take the game to City. So pleased because of all the stick people give United that we got that result yesterday. The Sunday supplement panel is going to have eat humble pie this morning after they've slagged Jose off all year.

Biggest highlight was their plastic fans crying at the end because they will actually have to go back to the ground for a second time this season to see them win the trophy. They thought they could all get away with only going once this season. Shame. Always a sell out at these smaller followed clubs grounds when it's against Man Utd isn't it?

Best 45 minutes since Fergie retires?
I’d say. We showed a lot of heart to get back into it, we could have just capitulated and let City cruise to the title but we fought and won in the end - albeit we could have been four or five down at half time.

Thought Pogba was as good in the second half as he was bad in the first. Sanchez also had his best game for us with a couple of assists. Overall was awesome to deny them the title for another couple of weeks at least.

Still a bit drunk missed the 3rd goal as I’d gone to the bog.

First half very forgettable but 2nd half we turned up and we saw that if you can rattle this city side they can collapse.

Still a bit drunk missed the 3rd goal as I’d gone to the bog.

First half very forgettable but 2nd half we turned up and we saw that if you can rattle this city side they can collapse.
Hopefully we have now showed other teams that you can rattle them and win against them. At the risk of sounding rawkish next season we will put up a strong challenge for the league.

I think earlier in the season they could handle it better but City look to be running out of steam a bit so if you get after them they can collapse , wouldn't be surprised if they lose at Spurs as well next weekend.

They look like a tired team.

At half time everyone wanted to see how this team reacted would they stand and fight their way back or would they throw the towel in and go down luckily for us it was the former, ruining their little title party was fantastic.

I have heard a lot of chat about how Guardiola runs his players into the ground and they end up not wanting to play for him in the end as he is so demanding. Luckily for City they lasted this long without getting beat at home or being found out how to play against, the points difference is too big to do anything about now but it does give some hope for next season that they might not be quite the juggernaut everyone thought they may be.

Where that second half performance came from I don't know. I was off down the pub at half time, I'd seen enough but I thought I'd see it through for a bit longer. So glad I did!!
The bar is set now, we know we can perform at this level so I want to see so much more of it.

Yeah that happened to him at both Barca and Bayern it's not so much that they turn on him it's just after 2 or 3 seasons of his super intense training and management players become a bit numb to it and need a break. Most top managers these days seem to work on 3 year cycles with teams as they feel that after 3 seasons everyone just gets a bit sick of each other and things need to be refreshed.

It's not just his players who burn out it's also him, it's why he doesn't tend to sign really long term deals although the reports are that he's happy to commit to City as he doesn't find the job here as stressful as it was at Barcelona.

I think they're paying the price for going so hard at the start of the season and maybe not rotating as much as they could have done and going hard at teams for 90 minutes when the game was already won on 60 minutes. This happens quite a lot I think with teams who wrap the title up early that last hurdle to get over the line is hard and then after it's done they relax and normally drop some sloppy points. It'll be interesting to see if they can re-group and break the points record, they need 12 points from 6 games to break the record so they can afford to lose 2 more games.

It's just gutting that we let that gap get so big with those 3 stupid draws over Xmas Leicester, Burnley & Southampton was 6 points lost.

I expect City to go off like a train again next season and we will have to keep pace with them or even get ahead and put the pressure on them.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back