Possebon sold to Santos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorgefoo

I do not know if it's true, globoesporte.com is not a reliable source here, but it seems that Possebon was sold to Santos.

Source: http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/t ... sebon.html

Translated Article
Santos agreed to sign the Midfielder Rodrigo Possebon, 21. Revealed by the International, he signed by Manchester United in 2008. In 2009, he spent a brief period at Sporting Braga, Portugal, but returned to the English team. Now is a Santos player for the next four years. The official presentation will be next Monday.

Possebon has Italian nationality and has been tapped by the national under-20 in that country. It was called last year for the first time.

Yes. Certainly i'll keep you guys informed.

I admit it was totally amazing. He will not be missed, i suppose, but I'm a little disappointed with his departure. Unlike Tosic and Rossi example, Possebon has evolved within the club. Without the discipline problems that have happened in Braga, he was well settled to the Reserves and could be a good option for the future.

But thinking in a greater perspective, this sale may have been strategic. Perhaps United have secured the First Option Clause to sign Ganso or Another Santos player. Fergie tends to tie up some clauses of this kind when he sells some young players and I hope my suspicions be confirmed.

Ganso is a very talented player, the best playing here. He is one of the endless talents discovered every time here. Some people say that he should be in World Cup. He plays in CM. He can fits perfectly in 4-3-2-1 used by Fergie in last season

Nice Shoot, nice pass, nice pace. Certainly he'll be in Europe very soon, hopefully, playing for United.

Not realy surprising after he didn't get a squad number. Can we have Ganso in return please?

I watched Ganso the other week for Brazil and he was brilliant. He isn't a small lad either, would be ideal for the Prem. Next summer maybe. His transfer fee could rise even higher by then though.

Yes, it's risky, I think only a team with a lot of money would pay for it. Meja have tried, but Ganso is a smart player, and has ruled out any possibility of playing there. :lol:

But it's understandable the Santos' attitude. Cause these damn agents, Brazil became a kindergarten for foreign clubs. Many players are sold for very low bids, some don't play for the first team.. And when a talent like Ganso shows up, the club has to do everything to hold him here. And the most effective way always ends up being a huge buy-out clause. This often scares the interested clubs.

About the higest transfer fee paid here, I'm not sure but i think Was when Corinthians signed Tevez from Boca Juniors(U$ 20M, if I'm not mistaken).

No surprise there - looked decent in his early games but was never the same after Pogatez nearly snapped his leg in half. The fiasco of Braga last season didn't help much either. Good luck to him

Apparently Possebon only had a gashed leg after the Pogatetz tackle. No ligament damage or a break just a gashed leg. The Braga loan is still an odd one for me. I'd like to know what went on there.

He didn't make his debut for Santos' first team yet. For now, he has played at Under-23 team. He has shown great quality and have been very impressive.

Apparently there is a buyback clause, according to some comments here.

I believe he is ready to make his first team debut. But i don't know when he'll make it. We'll see.

What a story it would be if he came back in the future and became a great player. Unlikely but it would be brilliant.

Possebon was one of the young players i really liked.. i even put his name on my United shirt :) too bad for him, didn't get the expected improvement.. all the best for you Rodrigo, looking forward to see your name on the next Brazillian squad for World Cup Finals..

And thanks so much for the update, Jorge :)

3 months after signing with Santos, he finally made his first team debut. It was last Saturday, away from home.

I saw almost the whole match, and I admit not being impressed with his performance. He seemed a kinda slow, with many positioning mistakes, not very good in passing and almost always played with his back to the ball.

Anyway, it was only his first game in the first team. He is still re-settling to the Brazilian style of play and this process may take some time.

Shame. Hope it gets better for him. Hasn't played much recently so it's kinda understandable. Keep us updated if you can, Jorge.

Thanks.

Great to hear, I hope he continues to play well, would be brilliant if he could get as good as to come back to United.

I really like Possebon, I would love nothing more than for him to come back in the future.

On the pitch again for Santos, not sure if he started or not. Jorge?

No. He came in in the second half. I didn't see the game, so unfortunately, i can't say if he plays well or not. And i'm still trying to find out in which position he players. According to the Match reports, he replaced Santos' Left back, but i don't know if he played there.

Not a good game for him tonight. The result wasn't good (a 3-3 draw) and he came in as a substitute in the second half, playing as Right Back and got a yellow card.

Santos have won (2-0). Possebon had a quiet performance in the first half. He improved in second half. made some good blocks and tackles. But i didn't like his positioning. Not his fault of course. He played as a DMC. Not too good to watch. Anyway, he still getting chances in the team and shows some improvement through the games he's playing. We'll see how far he can go.

Good to hear that Jorge. Hopefully he can continue to get games under his belt.

Saw Santos playing Colo Colo the other day, was on setanta sports for some reason. Not sure if Possebon featured but besides the point and nothing to do with the thread Elano scored an absolute screamer of a free kick. Must have been 40 yards out ! Got to see Ganso and Neymar also. Look like outstanding prospects, not sure whether Neymar would suit the Premier League though. Chelsea seem keen but I'm not sure if he has the physique

As seen with Chicha though, strength can be worked on, Neymar is still very young too. By the way I think I read that Possebon was playing.

Actually Possebon has played with Colo-Colo, and that wasn't a good performance, definitely. Saying the truth, he was directly responsible for one of Colo-Colo goals, unfortunately.

He's been criticized for trying to make difficult passes, obviously not reaching the target in most of times. Nevertheless, he's making good tackles as a defensive midfielder.

We all know he's a talented player, but just seem to have a tremendous difficulty to show it.

Milan are probably taking a punt on what will be a cheap player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back