Who would you like to be the next manager?

• Massimiliano Allegri

• Carlo Ancelotti

• Laurent Blanc

• Antonio Conte

• Ryan Giggs

• Pep Guardiola

• Jose Mourinho

• Gary Neville

• Mauricio Pochettino

• Diego Simeone

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And that could well be the case... I guess until the summer we won't know. But that is a huge secret to keep and in the world of football I can't see it being kept that way.

I think Fergies comments the other day in an interview said a lot. I think the club want Poch but that may not be possible until next summer. Going down the Jose route might be short term as we all suspect but it's also a completely different route to Poch.

In the past few months I wonder if the board have been reminded what our club is all about? And that promoting youth from within is what the club has been all about! And if that's the case then I think LVG may sadly get another year in charge whilst the club try and get Poch.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can't say I'm surprised by this... Mourinho isn't likely to come out and say there is a pre contract agreement in place with us. And there's no doubt teams will be very interested in him come the summer and will already have made contact with him.

Lot has been made of announcement of Guardiola over the road affecting their form, might be that United want to keep things quiet to avoid that with 4th still in the balance.

Yeah I agree and if they manage to get top 4 and then announce the appointment at City's expense they'll look very smart. But I still don't believe they've made that decision. Have they spoken to Jose? Yes they probably have sounded him out at some point. I'm sure that goes on all the time. Just like I'm sure they've tried to speak with Poch etc... Because they know at most LVG has one year left so they want to get the feelers out there early to cover themselves. But I don't actually think Jose will now get the job.

I don't see why they don't sack him now and put Giggs in charge until the end of the season.

Top 4 is pretty much gone now and at least with Giggs the players might fight more to win the cup? It can't be any worse than what is going on and has been for more than this season.

I don't think giggs would take the job as caretaker. I think he wants the job permanently. I think he will be there till the end of the season but surely he is gone then.

His comments after today's game are embarrassing. He's deluded.

Yeah they were. Quite frankly I find it pretty insulting to us as fans. Spurs had been the better team up until the goal and yet he was happy with how we had played?

DDG made a number of top saves before they scored but he's overlooked that? Yes we had a good chance through Martial but it was one chance! And that was a chance he fashioned by himself not as a team.

I'm not saying we'd played badly up until the goal but we'd not played well. And yet his comments seemed to suggest he was just pleased we'd given them a game?! It's the kind of comments Moyes made. I know we aren't in a great place but still we are Manchester United and we should be going to Spurs to win. Anything other than win should be seen as a disappointment.

I find him infuriating to watch in interviews and the whole time I wish he'd shut up. I find his substitutions laughable and his tactics even worse. And you know what for me today was what's made my mind up... He's done a worse job than Moyes. The only thing I found surprising about his interview after the game was he didn't blame our late arrival and Fosu-Mensah who appeared to be forced off with injury.

Van Gaal makes shocking statement after Tottenham beat Manchester United

What is this guy on?!

Maybe the ultimate goal is to play a similar way to Spurs. Maybe he wants us to play in a similar way. But anybody who's watched both teams this season can see they are a world apart!

Spurs play with purpose whilst we play like a team with no idea! Spurs move the ball with pace when needed but control when it's appropriate. We don't ever play with a purpose or that pace. We are worlds and worlds apart from Spurs right now and it's insulting that he tries and passes us off as similar to them.

We were very good for the first 20. We had Spurs pinned in their first half for much of that opening 20 but we created next to nothing again. We don't get players into the box, we can moan about delivery from Rojo, Darmian etc. but so often there's no one in the box, noticed Fosu-Mensah in a good position to cross earlier but he noticed there was no one in the box so checked back. It's all about the approach for me, it's negative, afraid to commit men forward, our strikers don't seem to even touch the ball in the box regardless of who it is, they get isolated and end up dropping deep and are then not in position when we need them. Van Gaal's use of strikers is absolute balls and Martial is best off out wide for us at the minute because of it.

Yeah in the first 20 minutes we dominated but how many times under LVG have we done that? Dominating is fine but you need to have an end product to it. And dominating at 0-0 and not having any urgency to score goals is a real issue! And it's been an issue the whole time he's been in charge.

Like you say, our strikers don't really touch the ball in the box. And as a result they drop deep and then aren't in those dangerous positions. It's a vicious cycle and a trend that's not changed under LVG. Rashford has become more and more ineffective since he started in the first team and to be honest I put that down to LVG and his tactics. Martial is never as effective up front, Rooney has spent the season being pretty useless and now Rashford is being wasted.

How many times have we seen this?!

How many times has this particular site posted a story about Jose signing?

It's nonsense! Yesterday the reports were that LVG is staying so nobody knows. I can hope and I can dream that I can truly love and support my team next season but I don't see it. For some reason when he needs a result LVG gets it. It's happening today and I've got a feeling we'll get top 4.

Isn't it good that the club win some silverware and get top 4 this season. I will take that as progress. And please don't give me the argument that the play hasn't been attractive enough. If you are ready to take mourinho's style of parking the bus just for success then I will stick with van gaal over mourinho.

Yeah of course for the club it's good. But I know I can't take another season of LVG. I hate everything about the guy. He makes my blood boil even just sat there. Plus it's not completely true that Jose doesn't play good football.

Laurent Blanc to remain in charge of PSG, says club president Nasser Al-Khelaifi

"The contract was extended for two years [in February], he will stay with us next year," he said following the 2-1 win over Lille in the French League Cup final.

Manchester United: Louis van Gaal focused on FA Cup and not his future

"I'm not looking at anything other than this competition," the Dutchman said when asked about his future.

"We live in the present. For the future, I discuss this with my board."

Another day another twist... Now PSG want Blanc to stay for another season. And to be honest I don't see why they wouldn't. I mean they've walked the league and they can't be unrealistic about winning the Champions League surely? I'm sure that want to be more competitive but they weren't far away from the semis this year and year by year they are becoming stronger in Europe.

Yes that newspaper but we've been reading about Jose to United or not for months and months. It's the same reports / stories all the time.

This time I feel there is some truth in it. Just get a feeling that a decision has been made and van gaal is gone.

I guess it comes down to gut feel because none of us actually know what the board are thinking. They've stuck by him so far which is why I don't think they'll sack him if he gets top 4 and wins the FA cup. But I can see why others would think they will.

Well... After his comments this weekend I'm going to have to make the most of watching United the rest of this season. Because if he is back next season as he's said then I won't be watching another game until he's gone. Hope to god it's just his way of getting the press off his back and that the board feel differently.

I've been convinced for ages that Van Gaal's going no matter what happens. Gone opposite way today for some reason. He'll have to change his ways if he does stay! It doesn't have to be swashbuckling stuff, just want at least a bit of enjoyment, not too much to ask.

We have actually seen some exciting play under him too. So he and the team are capable of exciting play. Just need to see that a bit more from him. Feel that if we get a good box to box midfielder and a pacy right winger then we are in for some good times what with shaw set to comeback next season.

There is no way this idiot can stay past the end of this season?! The majority of fans wouldn't take it plus you can't let the guy waste more money.

He's a useless fool who's made questionable decisions throughout his time with the club. Well the times come to get rid. Get a passionate manager in who can get the players buzzing and fighting for the team. For me LVG has lost the dressing room.

I hate having to say this. Watching United is a very expensive issue for me. Renewing my season ticket of 40 years becomes more difficult every year. Once again the renewal has to be in early and customers, and I don't have any illusion thats what we are these days, have a right to know who next seasons manager is going to be and who some potential signings might be. City's season has been pretty much as bad as ours but they will probably scrape top 4 now and go into the new season with a new manager and better reason for optimism

I think that's my biggest issue with what is going on right now. I mean I guess you can't run a football club by telling the fans every little detail but what is our strategy?

The majority of fans are utterly sick and fed up of LVG. The football has been more than awful and the results just as bad. OK so we may win the FA Cup but that doesn't and shouldn't disguise a failed season. Chelsea reacted when things were going wrong, City the same and so did Liverpool. We may not like the sacking approach but it's what all clubs do these days. You can't stick with a guy just because you don't want to be a sacking club! He's done a really really poor job (worse than Moyes I think) and needs to go. And yet I have this feeling he's staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back