Pogba vs Mourinho?

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Pogba, Jose 'at loggerheads' since Sanchez arrival - Football365

If there's any truth in this then it's Pogba who's got to go Utd can never get themselves in a position where a player is running the dressing room.

The Castles link always makes me feel there's some truth to it as he's known for having close links to the Jose camp.

Not sure why it relates to Sanchez in any way but you wonder if this angle is his agent trying to sort his client out a new bumper deal putting him back on top of the pay scale.

Always felt with Pogba he was only ever going to be here for 2-3 years.

He signed a 6 year deal. Sit down shut up and do what the manager tells you.

You want that new contract? Earn it then.

Interesting that Pogba is moaning about him playing in a midfield 2 like most of the rest of us are. That's if it's true...

I don't believe a word of it. If it is true then Pogba needs selling. You can't be a 90m pound player and walk round like you're worthy of the ballon d'dor if you can only do one role and sulk when asked to do another.

I didn't watch the Newcastle game but it reads like Pogba was injured. Jose might have said he's not but that might just be to not let on to future opponents.

I'm that sick of overpaid over priced players constantly under performing, if you want to go, if you want to play in one formation and can't buy into the managers plans then f**k off, seriously go have 75 haircuts a week somewhere else, 150m quid, see you later, get someone in who wants to work for the team and not their social media followers, getting fed up with Pogba really am, sick of his antics, if things don't go his way he sulks rather than getting stuck in, when did you see him last make a tackle? if he went it would not bother me in the slightest

How can you be a central midfield player and not be able to play in a two man midfield, get a grip!

It's interesting. I thought I was going to be the only one with that attitude. Seems Mourinho does have more backing from us than I realised.

Pogba has probably had his nose disjointed don't know how many of you follow United on Instagram? But the stories have been heavily focused on Sanchez recently whereas before it was all Rashford Pogba Lingard and strangely Rojo!

I don't mind all the social sh*t if they are performing on the pitch but with Pogba I never see him track back, tackle, intercept, follow his runner, win the ball back if he loses it etc. he is a central midfield player, if he wants to play no 10 and have no responsibility then tell the manager your a 10, just because you can do a flick or two and score the odd worldie doesn't mean you are free to do the fundamentals of a midfield player.

We brought Matic in to let Pogba be more expansive, do the dirty work for him, but he can't expect Matic to do ALL the tracking, tackling, interceptions etc. and with Matic there, he is still not performing and at the minute, he is free from any defensive work because he simply isn't doing any, yet he is also not offering us anything going forward, he is just walking about moaning whinging with his arms flapping about having a cry.

Now were saying we have to sacrifice TWO players to do his dirty work so he can be free of it all and get forward, jesus christ does he want anything else? Can I ask my colleagues to do all my paper work for me because although I'm employed to do it all, I'm not very good at it but hey I'm great on the phone to clients so I will do that part of it and you two do all my paperwork? Life doesn't work like that Paul!!!

Get your god dam head down, pull your socks up, grow some god dam spuds and work hard, adjust and realise your doing a job that all of us on here would give our left nut to do!

Winds me right up he can't defend and has no interest in it, sick to the back teeth that everyone else has to bend over backwards so he can play, he aint Gandhi or Mother flaming Teresa here, more I think about it the more that if he goes to Madrid, give us 150m and go and buy Savic and Jorginho who can both play in a 2 as they have more than one brain cell and know that defending is just as much an art as a trick, dance, dab and 4 goals a season!

Rant over, Pogba sort your head out or f**k off!

Thing that also winds me up is everyone has to adjust for Pogba but what about getting the best out of everyone else?

Lukaku would score twice as many goals as he is doing if he actually played with wingers, with people who can actually cross a ball, who don't cut inside every single time they get forward.

Matic would be far better playing with a midfielder who is not as selfish as hell and has no interest in helping out his midfield partner.

Jones would be far better if he wasn't stuck with a clueless useless partner in Smalling.

Sanchez, Rashford, Martial, Mata, Lindgard would be far better if they had a bit more freedom and support from other players who didn't take 75 touches before passing the ball forward, who played with a bit of purpose, intensity, creativity.

But forget all that, who cares as long as Princess Paul gets what he wants and we all bend over backwards to make sure he feels the love of the club!

Crock of sh*t

Lets just remember this story contains no quotes from either party or even a source not even Tommy K and Mr Mayo are being quoted anywhere in this so it's hard to tell where it might have originated probably someones agent which is the normal port of call with this stuff.

Pogba was clearly injured against Newcastle and it might be that he would prefer us to play a 4-3-3 but it's not like he's not been trying in games and he's been our best outfield player by a country mile when he's been fit this season.

Be interesting to see if it comes up tomorrow at the managers press conference feels like something they might stamp down on quick.

Yeah it irks me with Pogba that Jose probably looks at Dembele at Spurs and thinks boom that is what I need, thats now what I have with Pogba, he has all those attributes but so much more yet, whlie Dembele goes to Juve and dominates the midfield in a two with Dier so why does Pogba find it so hard to play in a two with Matic, find it a bit baffling to be honest.

Get your god dam head down, pull your socks up, grow some god dam spuds and work hard, adjust and realise your doing a job that all of us on here would give our left nut to do!!

I don't enjoy tracking back and also i'd prefer not to play CM. If I give my left nut can I play down the left wing so I can cut on to my right and shoot? You don't mind moving Sanchez across to the right to accomodate me do ya?

Dembele also has Eric Dier playing alongside him, whose awful.

I don't mind all the social sh*t if they are performing on the pitch but with Pogba I never see him track back, tackle, intercept, follow his runner, win the ball back if he loses it etc. he is a central midfield player, if he wants to play no 10 and have no responsibility then tell the manager your a 10, just because you can do a flick or two and score the odd worldie doesn't mean you are free to do the fundamentals of a midfield player.

We brought Matic in to let Pogba be more expansive, do the dirty work for him, but he can't expect Matic to do ALL the tracking, tackling, interceptions etc. and with Matic there, he is still not performing and at the minute, he is free from any defensive work because he simply isn't doing any, yet he is also not offering us anything going forward, he is just walking about moaning whinging with his arms flapping about having a cry.

Now were saying we have to sacrifice TWO players to do his dirty work so he can be free of it all and get forward, jesus christ does he want anything else? Can I ask my colleagues to do all my paper work for me because although I'm employed to do it all, I'm not very good at it but hey I'm great on the phone to clients so I will do that part of it and you two do all my paperwork? Life doesn't work like that Paul!!!

Get your god dam head down, pull your socks up, grow some god dam spuds and work hard, adjust and realise your doing a job that all of us on here would give our left nut to do!

Winds me right up he can't defend and has no interest in it, sick to the back teeth that everyone else has to bend over backwards so he can play, he aint Gandhi or Mother flaming Teresa here, more I think about it the more that if he goes to Madrid, give us 150m and go and buy Savic and Jorginho who can both play in a 2 as they have more than one brain cell and know that defending is just as much an art as a trick, dance, dab and 4 goals a season!

Rant over, Pogba sort your head out or f**k off!

Thing that also winds me up is everyone has to adjust for Pogba but what about getting the best out of everyone else?

Lukaku would score twice as many goals as he is doing if he actually played with wingers, with people who can actually cross a ball, who don't cut inside every single time they get forward.

Matic would be far better playing with a midfielder who is not as selfish as hell and has no interest in helping out his midfield partner.

Jones would be far better if he wasn't stuck with a clueless useless partner in Smalling.

Sanchez, Rashford, Martial, Mata, Lindgard would be far better if they had a bit more freedom and support from other players who didn't take 75 touches before passing the ball forward, who played with a bit of purpose, intensity, creativity.

But forget all that, who cares as long as Princess Paul gets what he wants and we all bend over backwards to make sure he feels the love of the club!

Crock of sh*t

What did I just read...

Yeah it irks me with Pogba that Jose probably looks at Dembele at Spurs and thinks boom that is what I need, thats now what I have with Pogba, he has all those attributes but so much more yet, whlie Dembele goes to Juve and dominates the midfield in a two with Dier so why does Pogba find it so hard to play in a two with Matic, find it a bit baffling to be honest.

Worth noting that Dembele is 30 has played that position for 7 years racking up approx 250 games in that role and scores approx 1 goal a season. Martin Jol converted him from a number 10 to a holding midfielder at Fulham and his job at Spurs is to feed the creative players ahead of him and it's not all been sunshine and rainbows in that role for him but in the last 2 1/2 years he's really nailed it.

Pogba is 24 and has only been playing this position in club football for 18 months and in those 18 months has chipped in with 8 goals and at times has had to be not only a centre mid but also the attacking mid and I think it's fair to say at times he has struggled especially when put up against top opposition. Prior to coming to Utd he played in a team that absolutely bossed it's domestic league and were miles better all over the pitch than the teams they were playing.

I didn't see the Juventus game so can't comment but reading reports on the night Dembele, Alli, Eriksen & Kane were all apparently excellant, how many times have we had 4 or 5 players turn up in a big game since Pogba arrived? Seems like Pogba takes the blame for everything because he gets a lot of the praise when he does show up. You also have a defence who defend high up the pitch and an attack who press which means Spurs are quite a compact team the gap between their defence and attack is much smaller than Utd's so you don't have this huge space to cover. Utd get very stretched because the defence tend to drop deep meaning when the attack get forward there can be a huge space for midfield to cover.

I think he'd benefit massively from having a world class number 10 ahead of him as he wouldn't feel the need to break forward all the time to try and create the chances as he'd trust his team mates to do it.

I don't enjoy tracking back and also i'd prefer not to play CM. If I give my left nut can I play down the left wing so I can cut on to my right and shoot? You don't mind moving Sanchez across to the right to accomodate me do ya?

Dembele also has Eric Dier playing alongside him, whose awful.

Mate for you, I will change the whole club around to make you feel at home buddy, you play where you want and dont you worry about tracking back lol

Here's a question thats a little worrying, in 18 months, can you name how many big games Pogba has actually turned up in? I know we have been poor in most of them but surely he was bought to dominate games and bring us to that next level, Lukaku gets absolutely battered for his top 6 performances, I can't recall Pogba being to much better, been nearly two years now, he needs to start doing more, sick of making excuses.

Were hammering Mourinho and his tactics but surely the players have to take some of the blame.

of course the players are to blame, they are professional footballers, never mind 4231, they should be able to play 1261 for 200 grand a week.

I read somewhere yesterday that in the Premiership a Utd player hasn't scored a hat trick since 2013. There has been 55 hat tricks since then with City leading the way with something like 16, Spurs and Liverpool hovering at about 8 to 10 (cant quite remember). This stat, to me, just shows how little chances we create for our forwards and how uncreative we can be and how defensive we play. It's not all down to JM, he's only been here 18 months but it just shows as a club where we are in terms of attacking play in the last 5 years.

We surely have a player in Pogba who can create chances. Where is it all going wrong?

I don't mind players having bad games, being inconsistent, whatever, the one thing I can't accept is not putting the work in for the team and at the minute a lot of them ain't doing it, its not just Pogba its a lot of them, but playing in the middle of the park he just looks like he doesn't give a sh*t and its all a big joke to him, if people think thats acceptable then crack on.

We have a mixed a team at the moment

Can't criticise Dave, but the rest of the defence just aren't good enough, Valencia, Jones, Smalling and Young is not a back 4 we should be starting with, they really are the quality of cover players. Pogba seems to be all about him, hence the shot the other weekend when he should have passed. He needs to re-evaluate his game. Don't get me wrong, he is brilliant. I don't rate Lukaku, he doesn't do enough for me, and our other players, Martial, Rashford inconsistent. Lingard is on a streak and Sanchez is trying a bit too hard.

To be honest, I think we are over performing with the squad we have.

Here's a question thats a little worrying, in 18 months, can you name how many big games Pogba has actually turned up in? I know we have been poor in most of them but surely he was bought to dominate games and bring us to that next level, Lukaku gets absolutely battered for his top 6 performances, I can't recall Pogba being to much better, been nearly two years now, he needs to start doing more, sick of making excuses.

Were hammering Mourinho and his tactics but surely the players have to take some of the blame.

Last season

League Cup Final
Europa League Final
Chelsea (h)

This season

Arsenal (a) before that harsh red card he was MOTM

Games missed with injury last season

Spurs, Arsenal, City (a)

Games missed this season

City (h), Chelsea (a), Spurs (h)

He’s played 3 games vs Liverpool all draws 2 he was ok but at home he has a stinker pretty sure he gave away a penalty for handball and missed some good chances.

Guess the point I’m making is he’s not really had a big league game performance but that is because he’s missed a lot of these games with injury over the last 18 months.

I can see Pogba’s side in this he wants to play in his best position which isn’t the one he’s got at the moment but he needs to do the job the manager asks of him but then what he needs is the manager to back him up in the media and defend him not throw him under the bus and embarrass him.

Personally it baffles me that we aren’t playing to his strength which is the 3 man midfield when we don’t have a world class number 10 but Mourinho is the manager and I’m sure he has his reasons. I think it’s a balance thing he has to play 4231 to keep the squad happy otherwise he will have a lot of unhappy attackers and some very tired midfielders.

there are also reports of a summer 120m bid from Madrid, a swap with Kroos would be nice.

Last season

League Cup Final
Europa League Final
Chelsea (h)

This season

Arsenal (a) before that harsh red card he was MOTM

Games missed with injury last season

Spurs, Arsenal, City (a)

Games missed this season

City (h), Chelsea (a), Spurs (h)

He’s played 3 games vs Liverpool all draws 2 he was ok but at home he has a stinker pretty sure he gave away a penalty for handball and missed some good chances.

Guess the point I’m making is he’s not really had a big league game performance but that is because he’s missed a lot of these games with injury over the last 18 months.

I can see Pogba’s side in this he wants to play in his best position which isn’t the one he’s got at the moment but he needs to do the job the manager asks of him but then what he needs is the manager to back him up in the media and defend him not throw him under the bus and embarrass him.

Personally it baffles me that we aren’t playing to his strength which is the 3 man midfield when we don’t have a world class number 10 but Mourinho is the manager and I’m sure he has his reasons. I think it’s a balance thing he has to play 4231 to keep the squad happy otherwise he will have a lot of unhappy attackers and some very tired midfielders.

League Cup Final I can't really remember being overly good, Southampton battered us and it was more Zlatan who saved our as*

Chelsea home yeah, again more Herrera in the middle of the park but yeah, Europa final yeah played well.

Arsenal away, good going forward but again the gaps in the middle of the park, they had over 30 shots and tore through our midfield at will.

Games I can remember were City home last year he was all over the place, Liverpool away twice he was dreadful and the home game awful, dreadful at Spurs last month, I just find it very difficult to think of a big game where he has actually turned up, the only one I can think of is Ajax, which lets be honest, they are shocking.

Just worries me that we are bending over backwards to accommodate a player who is yet to turn up in a big game for us, he hasn't earned the right yet for us to build a team around him, no more so than Martial and now Sanchez, would prefer to play to their strengths than sacrifice a lot in the hope that Pogba starts to turn up when we need him.

I have defended him for the last 18 months with all my mates and stuff but have to admin my patience with him is wearing seriously thin, if Madrid throw 120m at us in the summer, I would be tempted.

I'm getting a bit bit irritated by the rumours, but lets hope they are only that, he has got to stay at united at least until my goldfish dies or I will have to change his name by deed pole

Haha, hopefully he moves to a 433 next year, Pogba goes up a level and all is good with the world!

Just hope we don't get turned over again on Saturday or Bob will be banning me for ranting again lol

Pogbas agent has denied it all. This could be good for us long term. This may be a kick up his backside and make him want to put an end to stories like this coming out.

Surprise surprise Jose came out throwing punches today in his press conference defending his player and hopefully putting all the BS to bed.

Rumours as well that Pogba wasn’t injured but ill before the Newcastle game but tried to get on with it.

Mourinho admitted Pogbas form is a problem but he says it’s a problem for him and the player to solve.

He even claimed Utd were playing a 433 system with Matic holding and Pogba & Lingard as number 8s vs Newcastle and there maybe some truth in that but Pogba seemed r

Mourinho on Pogba Reports in the news.
“I think you are nice with your words because when you say a lot of speculation you should say a lot of lies because I accept and can speak on Paul’s behalf without any kind of problem.

Paul accepts he has not been playing well but that’s all and if you want to speak about it that’s one thing and speculation your words makes a little bit of sense but the majority of things you can read and listen, don’t be polite, be objective and say lies.”

I don’t have to speak with you about my conversations with my players, is my problem, the player’s problem, a big lie that our relation is not good, that we don’t communicate, that we don’t agree with his positions and his involvement in the dynamic of the team so be objective and say what we all know.

“In the last couple of matches he didn’t play well period, end of story, now it’s my problem and Paul’s to improve his performance level, you don’t need to be a liar.”

“He had a big injury in the season, big injury, he had a big injury, he almost went to surgery like Dembele in Barcelona with a similar injury, the decision was not to do it and go to a conservative treatment, everyone really happy, he was playing phenomenal after that and before that, he had a red card against Arsenal probably in his best match and the team’s best moment, he was out for a long long time and in this moment he is not playing well, period, and the team needs him at a good level, when he is not a good level the team is not as good.

“It happens with every team when the most crucial players are not performing. You don’t need to come with we want to sell him, you don’t need that, some people go in that direction, some of them I know for many many years and I know their surname is Liar, and that’s not nice. He plays tomorrow.”

Maybe we as fans also need to be a little less knee jerky. Responding to every news story with outrage at the player or the manager in question.

As JSP said midweek there’s been an over reaction to everything since the Newcastle game as since then we’ve had nothing else to discuss and we’ve seen 2 of our rivals for 4th pick up wins. And watched our biggest rivals break records in the champions league!

So.... ‘ill’ Pogba To play in a 433 and pulls out at the last minute.
Jose says he ‘doesn’t care’.

Any theories? Is this Pogba saying you might be the boss but i’m Paul Pogba and I say when I play and don’t!

Doesn’t bode well I don’t think whatever it is

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back