Pogba to leave?

RVN was a great player for us. But we didn't win much with him. It's a sign spunking a load of money on a goalscorer does not necessarily bring trophies.

I wouldn't spend a load on Haaland, but his clause of 60m might be worth a punt. But you'll have to put up with his agent, constant talk of leaving and a move to Spain after 2 or 3 years.

All the talk is Greenwood is equally good if not better. Even Shearer said he'll break his records and us better than him at the age. If he's anywhere near as good as Shearer we don't need Haaland

Back to Pogba though, the United social media is having a right love in with him at the moment. Hopefully, a good start he might sign

You think Ruud van Nistelrooy was a poor purchase? you think he wasn't magnificent for us? I think I give up...
As for Mason, well, Ole never bloody plays him as the main front man...

I think what I stated. The three seasons before Ruud we won three titles.

The three seasons after Ruud we won three titles.

The five seasons with Ruud we won 1.

Also the five seasons with Ruud our goal average was lower than the three seasons before and the three seasons following.

How many of the premier league's winning seasons as the team had a 25+ scoring striker?

Fans love goalscorers. But the top sides have goals from everywhere and Ruud turned us in to a one dimensional team where everything went through him.

Do you believe the football with a focal point of Ruud was better than when we moved him on and had Tevez Rooney and Ronaldo as a three?

Ruud was dropped before he was sold and struggled to get in the side.

I wonder how Pogba is feeling with Ronaldo arriving on 550 grand a week when they offered him 350.

Both way too much btw. 550 on Ronaldo is crazy money

I wonder how Pogba is feeling with Ronaldo arriving on 550 grand a week when they offered him 350.

Both way too much btw. 550 on Ronaldo is crazy money
I mean if Pogba is sat there feeling miffed then he really does need to have a good long hard look at himself. He's a very very good player with bags of talent but he's not half the player Ronaldo is.

He may not be as good as Ronaldo was, but now, out of the two, I'd want Pogba.

He's one of the few players not to comment. Not that I've looked too hard

Ronaldo’s wage changes by the hour.

As for Pogba I’d be telling him deliver like he has done season after season for the last 15 years and you’ll get that sort of money.

All the Pogba reporting seems to be he’s off to Madrid on a free next summer and it’s unlikely he will sign a neal deal.

Ronaldo will be good for him takes a lot of the intense focus away from him.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'd love this to be true, but really, why would he sign now? a few months before he can agree terms with someone else. He might as well wait and see what offers arrive. So I'm not sure I believe this one.

I don't honestly think there is that many options for him apart from PSG or Real Madrid, and if PSG didnt make a concrete offer during the window ? to a club where money is no object then that maybe tells a story.
Real will surely be moving heaven and earth to land M'bappe so that might put them offer a possible Pogba deal.

Then again, they might of looked at the agent fee that fat boy was wanting and thought, get lost sugar tits.

Yup. There's no market for him, and his camp knows it. Think the club knows it too, and are calling his bluff to some extent.

I think the Ronaldo and Varane signings are probably a big influence. United have said to him that we are determined to win.

Why would a routine win at home to Newcastle change his mind?

I think with Pogba he just wants to be part of a successful team and so I can believe this latest report. I think he'll see how things go over the next few weeks and then make a decision.

It would be good to get his situation sorted quickly rather than drag it out through the whole season.

As is tradition he was questioned on international duty about his future as last night he played in Turin.

"I still speak to my ex-teammates, like Paulo Dybala," Pogba told Sportmediaset. "I'm at Manchester [United] and have a year left on my contract, and then we'll see.

"I want to finish well there and then see what happens."

There were reports earlier in the week that he's looking to sign a new deal at Utd and he handled the questions with a pretty straight bat as normal trying his best not to upset anyone.

As much as it would be bad for the club to lose him on a free I really do think we have to move on from Pogba he's never fit into the team and it's hard to see how he ever will with Bruno also at the club so I do believe Utd have to make the tough call and just move on.

Will be hard to stomach for a lot of people as he's a very talented player but it's not worked out and giving him another deal I think would be a mistake.

I think we should sign him and build a team to suit him.

He's by far our best player,

Just can't buy into that Mr C.

In terms of pure talent maybe, the lad has it all but he just doesn't apply it consistently enough to warrant cover all the things he can't do.

There's plenty of times where he's been given the license to be the free man in the team but he hasn't influenced the game enough to justify everything you have to put in place to cover that.

If we give him a new deal he will likely be the highest paid player in the league (with the possible exception of Ronaldo) but his outputs just don't justify it and I'm just done with making excuses for him.

He will likely find a new club and maybe even look like a star for them which is fine but it hasn't worked at Utd so I think it's time to call it quits.

There is also the commitment issue it's been pretty clear for the last 3 years he's wanted to move to another club which is totally fine, the club have blocked that and to be fair under Ole I think he's been good as gold just got on with whatever job he's been given but he's still wanted out.

To be fair to him, up until recently there has barely been enough players in the team on his level who can see/predict what he is going to do.

If we do sign him, he needs to become the core, stop this ridiculous playing him in a defensive two, unless you bring in a real worker beside him.

From recent reports, he wants to stay.

I'd say he's probably the 3rd best player in the team behind Ronaldo and Bruno. Certainly doesn't deserve £400k a week.

But in terms at effectiveness in his position he isn't even in the top 5 and he's a player I really like but he'd fall behind Rashford, De Gea, Shaw and Maguire. We can't even play him in what should be his role because he's not tactically disciplined enough to play it. He was bought as and always has been a central midfielder and we can't play him there.

You'd noticed Pogba out of the team a lot less than those mentioned above.

Problem is with the system the current manager wants to play he only really fits in the two and we know that doesn't work.

He can play that free role off the left but I do think Rashford will come back and take that position again I think you need quick dribblers in those wide areas of the pitch to go one vs one against full backs to open up space. There might be games where he prefers Pogba in that role to bring more creativity rather than direct goal threat but can we really think of Pogba as a rotation player with the money he will demand?

It's very hard to guage what he wants or even what the club wants to do have they made an offer to extend or is it a big game of bluff over who calls first? The fact it wasn't sorted in the summer to me say he's off you don't let top players go into this situation if Pogba wanted to stay and Utd wanted him to stay the deal would already be done.

There's also the big issue of where does he go the big names in europe are all broke apart from Madrid who look to be preparing for a big summer of hoovering up top free agents much like PSG did last summer. I don't really see the PSG move to me the move to Madrid makes the most sense.

Pogba should not be in rotation with anyone. He's our best player.

He should leave, to a club that appreciates him.

This is Premier League only

144 games
28 goals (includes 7 penalties)
36 assists
27 Big Chances Created

So he averages a goal every 5 games or every 7 games if you adjust for penalties he assists every 4 games and creates a big chance every 5 games.

For comparison De Bruyne average a goal every 4 games every 5 games if you adjust for penalties, he assists every 2 games and creates a big chance every 2 games.

The reason I picked De Bruyne is both have been in the league a similar length of time playing similar positions and Pogba will be looking for similar sort of money.

De Bruyne has plenty of underwelming games for City when you watch him but he's always dangerous there are games when Pogba is more of a danger to our team than the opponent.

Pogba should not be in rotation with anyone. He's our best player.

He should leave, to a club that appreciates him.

In which position is he our best player?

In your best 11 you've got him left wing. I'd much rather have someone with the goalscoring threat of Rashford in that position.

Unless Pogba can be trusted in a 2 there isn't the space for him. I'd sign him up, sign a DM and tell Pogba he's got to switch it on defensively too.

Do you think there is a better passer of teh ball in our club?

He see's passes no other player can see.

He's not a defender, so why keep playing him in a defensive two where the other player is terrible.

We move him around all the time, drop him, play him out of position. No wonder he gets the hump.

De Bruyne gets the freedom to play his game. Stupid comparisson. Play De Bruyne as a defensive midfielder and see how he gets on.

In terms of passing ability he's obviously number 1 but he can't head a ball, he can't really tackle, he doesn't track runners there's plenty of things to judge a player by. Cleverley could pass a ball well, Gibson could hit great long balls and shots all day didn't make them Man Utd quality midfield players you need to be able to do the whole lot. I've obviously gone to extremes with those two but do you see my point?

Why's it always the other players fault because he's not Ngolo Kante? Pogba just can't play in a two and we play a two so that's a problem that will never get solved unless we change the system which has serious knock on effect elsewhere. So we create new problems to "solve" the Pogba problem. When we've played him in a 3 it's never looked world beating either so it is worth going full circle and going back to it?

He gets moved around because he doesn't actually fit anywhere that's always been his issue.

City have played De Bruyne as a defensive midfielder right in the centre of their 3 as a playmaker and he was good in that role. He isn't always free he's expected to be box to box in their system and he does it working hard in both directions including pressing the opponent. Obviously City's quality means they don't do a lot of defending but when it needs to be done he does it. He's the obvious comparision as he is the best creative player in this league and probably in Europe he's setting the bench mark and Pogba just isn't getting close to the mark.

I actually like Pogba but it's not worked at Utd same way it didn't work for Lukaku so why keep chucking more money at him it's best everyone just moves on.

He's an extremely talented player but united haven't seen the best of him often enough and this whole playing games thing is infuriating. United should move on and I think they'd be better off in the long run.

Now you're comparing him to Cleverley and Gibson.

FFS, the guy has won a world cup and the italian league and you're comparing him to two clowns.

France can get tbest out of him, Juve managed it. If he isn't performing because he's out of position, it's not is fault.

I even said I'd exagerated to prove a point that you can't just do one thing to be considered a great midfielder the great midfielders do it all. Pogba reminds me a lot of Xhaka at Arsenal he does so much right in a lot of games but when he lets you down boy does he let you down. He doesn't let you down by getting stupidly sent off like Xhaka does but he just has to many moments where he switches off or gives away a silly free kick or even a penalty.

I really couldn't care less what he's done at Juventus or with France they are totally different scenarios than the one he's faced at Utd. They have been prepared to make the sacrifices that allow him to be a contributing factor to their successful teams what I'm saying is I don't think we can. I'd also question just how central his role was in those teams success yes he played an important role but was he the star? In both sides the midfield stars were really Pirlo and Kante.

I don't think his failure at Utd is all down to him or his ability levels there's obviously other factors I just think the team needs to move forward without him just like we did with Lukaku. Much like Lukaku I think Mourinho used Pogba terribly played more to his weaknesses rather than his strengths which didn't suit either player. Ole has been much fairer to Pogba and Pogba has repaid that with much more consistent performances.

For me to make Pogba work in a 2 or a 3 we'd need to drop Bruno or move to a back 3 and play Bruno in a front 2 with Ronaldo which leaves a hell of a lot of attacking talent knocking around. Sometimes in sport you have to sacrifice a big talent and I think Pogba is one of the ones we need to let go to allow others to shine.

For me it's shake hands and go our seperate ways on good terms everyone tried to make it work but it just didn't for me the top earner has to be the man that is carrying the team if Pogba is going to demand top money which he will I don't think we should give it to him.

Would you pick Pogba based on current form?

I'd argue he's not had a good game since the Newcastle game.

Hasn't scored or assisted in the last 3 whereas Bruno has 1 assist and was probably our best outfield player in the last league game and add to that 2 assists in 2 champions league games.

I agree Bruno hasn't always been fantastic but even when he's not being brilliant he still impacts on the game and while I've said here before I think assist stats are largely useless he's also still creating plenty of chances that we don't take.

Yeah Bruno tops the premier League for big chances created in a team apparently doesn't create much.

I don't agree with no,

I think a lot of people look at him last season, before the end where he was terrible, and it gives him a bit of grace.

bar the first game I don't think he's done much. Especially since Ronaldo arrived. He is wasteful too, which is fine when you're scoring and creating loads, but when you're not it stands out a mile. Even in that Leeds game Pogba did most of the work.

I don't think many of our players are exactly playing well though, hence the dreadful performances.

As for Pogba, of course he should be playing, out left, not as a DM. Hasn't he got the most assists from there in the league, and he's played there what twice?

I get the bruno love you all have, I don't have it yet. Something just doesn't sit right for me when I have seen him over the last 6 months. Be interesting how many minutes he gets for Portugal.
You said elsewhere he's the best (or one of, I can't remember) number 10's in the world. Yet Portugal didn't pick him inthe summer, and if they did it wasn't at 10. So I'm not the only one at least.

Hell, Lingard has done more in the minutes he's had.

Just been doing research, sounds like Keano isn't exactly a fan either, so that's 3 of us :p

I know you only listen to games rather than watch them but the difference Bruno has made since he arrived is unmeasurable a truly transformational signing he's lifted everyone else around him. Not only with his quality on the pitch but also the expectation levels he had and demanded from others. He is the closest thing I've seen to a proper Rooney replacement the drive to push the team on for wins is evident in him.

Yeah he burned out at the end of last season that was probably because for whatever reason the manager never rested him he played a stupid amount of football and this season we have to make sure he's used better. Like Pogba this season he's had good games and bad ones there's no hiding that.

Portugal don't play with a number 10 though and that's the problem for Bruno as their manager wanted to get Ronaldo and Jota in the team as Jota's scoring record in the national team is incredible. They were trying to fit Bruno into a position that didn't work and the coach made the right call to drop him to benefit the team.

Ole for me is facing a very similar decision now with Pogba if Rashford comes back near his best he's got to play him left wing which creates a problem for Pogba. Playing Pogba left was only really a short term fix surely?

Pogba has 7 assists this season 4 against Leeds and 1 vs Southampton playing from the left and 2 vs Newcastle where he played in central midfield. As I've said before many times assist stats are a pretty crap statistic because they only register if the person on the end of it scores.

I'm not a Rooney fan either :p

I agree when he arrived, he lifted the club, banged in goals and assists and was superb.

But recently he's not been as influential for me. And he was terrible in the big games last season

I know I'm on my own.

I listen to every game you're right, and MoTD, so may not be the best judge.

We'll see come the end of season.

He could try Pogba at 10, he'd find Ronaldo all day long

What's the odds on him saying for a second time that he never really wanted to leave after he's left on a free again?

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back