Pogba to leave?

The thing with this deal, it's unlike Madrid not to use the press to help their cause, they are being very quiet and respectful. So either the deal is agreed, or there is nothing in it, surely.

Very odd

To be fair they’ve been kept busy with all the other signings Madrid are making just signed a LB think that’s 5 players already in this summer. Shows what you can do when you’ve got your structure and plan in place.

I think Pogba was the luxury deal if they can clear out big names and wages including Modric to make space in the starting XI for Pogba but if that doesn’t happen I don’t think they’re worried about sticking with what they have.

Sounds like all the talk on Pogba is coming from the Pogba camp his agent will know that unless he comes with a huge offer Utd aren’t going to sell and so far he’s struggled to find someone willing to pay.

There’s a 1hr long interview available as a podcast through the times (look for a podcast called the game podcast) which gives you a bit of an idea of the type of person he is and why he does some of the things he does. Seems a decent guy to be honest.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

£70m and Cancelo for Pogba would be a good deal for sure.

Would be a strange move though for Pogba, obviously you can’t always choose where you go if there isn’t many clubs interested but to yo-yo between two clubs would be strange.

Be a tough sell for Cancelo leave a CL club to come to Utd isn’t exactly attractive and if a utd are going in with bids for Wan Bissaka it’s unlikely they’ll be asking for another RB as part of a Pogba deal.

I’d be asking for a player like Bentankur or Pjanic whoever is losing their spot to Pogba as part of the deal if we were taking players.

My guess is Utd will insist on straight cash unless they get a nod from a player they actually want at Juve or Madrid that they’re willing to come but not sure there’s going to be many of those players.

my guess is this is story is BS. Could they even afford his wages?

I keep reading Pogba is going nowhere this year.

Yeah I think it may well just be rubbish. Not sure we would want Cancelo if we are going for AWB. Think it would take a monster money offer for us to get rid but we also have to make sure we have the right player targeted to replace him. You can say what you like about Pogba but he’s far and away our best player and we would need to bring in a real game changer.

Think the club are saying no deal just to make Madrid come with proper offers.

My guess is it will happen Zidane apparently is very keen on it but I think it will happen late because Madrid need other moves to happen first.

He’s finally come out and said it.

If he wants out get Madrid & Juve on the phone tell them the selling price not a penny less and give them a deadline if they don’t meet it he doesn’t move.

This can’t be allowed to drag out especially with the PL windows closing before the European window.

Absolutely agree. If done correctly this is not a negative for us. Personally at this stage I would prefer him to stay bit if we are to lose him then get it done early for the right price. Then we can buy players to suit the formation we want to play. The negative for pogba imo is you're not sure what is the best formation with him in the team.

What we saying then. 3 years to run. In today’s market. £140m.

That's about the ball park I would be looking. If it was juve then maybe £120m plus maybe pjanic. Try to get rabiot for free leaving a good sum of money for a centre back and 3rd midfield player. At that we have barely touched our actual budget. Maybe a bit fanciful, lots would have to fall into place for that to happen

Would prefer him to stay because he’s one of our genuine top quality players but if he wants to go and he isn’t committed then he can jog on. Say to any club, give us £120-130m and he’s yours. Like jsp said if we can get Pjanic or Bentacur out of Juve at the same time then jobs a good’un.

In the long run it may well be better than us, there has always been speculation about him and this can put that to bed. There have been times he’s been world class the last few years but there have been other times when he’s downed tools and looked distinctly average.

I'll say it many times until it happens.

Let. Him. Go.

Take him to Manchester airport and put a sign around his neck and leave him there. See if a team wants to pick him up and when they do good luck to them.

I defended him earlier this year but he's a good for nothing.

Gosh the reactions on social media, the general internet is crazy to this love. Fans saying this is the end of United if he leaves. I do despair at the internet sometimes.

Is he a very good player? Yes. Is he consistently world class? No. I think if we bought in the right players in midfield and attack we don’t necessarily need these star men in midfield. Hell Liverpool were awesome with Henderson, Milner and Wijnaldum as their three a lot of the time. We need to improve in attack and down the flanks. Selling Pogba wouldn’t be ideal but the problems run far far deeper than one guy.

That's about the ball park I would be looking. If it was juve then maybe £120m plus maybe pjanic. Try to get rabiot for free leaving a good sum of money for a centre back and 3rd midfield player. At that we have barely touched our actual budget. Maybe a bit fanciful, lots would have to fall into place for that to happen
Wouldent of thought Juve would part with £120 and Pjanic ? what we saying Pjanic is worth ?

What this says to me is his agent can't get the move done so has asked him to go public.

We have all known he wants to go, he said so earlier in the year and about two weeks after he signed it came out his agent promised a Madrid move after 3 years.

Unfortunately for Pogba he has a few problems, we will want top dollar and rightly so, Madrid don't like Raiola and I'm not sure they will pay the price with his extravagant fee's.

But we do need to start planning for life without him, and if he does stay he needs to earn his spot and not be a guarantee'd starter. Because his form end of season was bench form.

For me. I'd get rid as quick as I could, he is poison. I'd take 120 for him. 30 More than we paid. Talk of Coutinho to replace him

Wouldent of thought Juve would part with £120 and Pjanic ? what we saying Pjanic is worth ?
In truth I don't know what pjanic is worth. What I am sure about is if the deal was the other way round that is what we would be doing it for. The time has come to be tough with clubs and players alike.

In truth I don't know what pjanic is worth. What I am sure about is if the deal was the other way round that is what we would be doing it for. The time has come to be tough with clubs and players alike.

1) Do Juve want to part with Pjanic?
2) Does Pjanic want to come to Utd?

These cash plus player deals are incredibly complicated because you them involve more agents in a deal and more parties to satify it's hard enough to get both clubs, player and agent to all agree terms adding in another player and another agent makes things very messy.

For me it's a straight cash deal if teams can't bring the cash to the table at whatever price Utd want to set then it's no deal and Pogba will have to accept that and just get on with it next season. I think he will do this if Utd can get a bit more quality around him to ease the burden I see no reason why he won't just get on with it if anything he'll know he needs to prove that he's worth the money to Madrid.

If he goes there's a huge void to fill it won't be one person filling it without the talisman figure of Pogba everyone else will need to step up and contribute a little bit more. I've been pretty vocal with my opinion that Pogba takes the flack for a number of players who don't turn up and are getting away with it because all the focus is on Pogba with him gone those boys will all need to step up and take responsibility as the guy who takes the blame is no longer there.

Really hope this one doesn't descend into a messy back and forth.

Pogba's said his piece probably best he leaves it there I can't see him speaking out again on it and I don't see the club addressing it publicly until they return to training in a few weeks and the press conferences for the tour start happening.

I saw that, 500,000 a week! sounds like paper talk.

I think he's blown it with fans don't you? I'm not sure many would accept that, he's not good enough to put up with all the drama. My option would be sell. I did read yesterday that some of the staff have said every day they have to deal with some Pogba drama.

Can't see why Utd would offer a new deal he's got 2+1 to run on the current deal so there is no rush.

I wonder if that story was from the agent side seeing if Utd might come to the table with a silly offer to get him to stay.

So todays story from Italy is the player prefers the move back to Juventus.

Not sure how that equates to a new challenge surely that's just going back to his old challenge.

The Juve move to me doesn't seem to make much sense they've already got great midfield options and they're adding Ramsey, Pogba isn't really a Sarri style player, Juventus to me don't seem to have the money to spend, I don't see how they can take on his wages.

Juventus apparently willing to offer Douglas Costa as part of the deal. Yeah thanks here's a winger who's past his best and struggling with injuries.

On his day there's no doubt he's the best player we have. But how often does he actually play at that level? Not very.

David Ornstein: "Early in this transfer window, they [Real Madrid] had a list of key targets. At the top of that list was Eden Hazard, Kylian Mbappe and Christian Eriksen. Paul Pogba was not towards the top at the time I was told about it. I would say that in this transfer window, Paul Pogba is going to stay at United. I'd rate his chances of leaving at one out of ten."

I don't mind us selling Pogba, if we get shafted by taking Bale I'll be gutted. Don't get me wrong, when fit Bale is awesome and would definitely be an improvement. But his fitness and wages are a huge problem for me. Plus thats James and Martial space isn't it? Not sure about that.

It seems to me Pogba is going. I would insist on Varane.

The talk is £68m plus Bale. I’d rather more cash. Bale is 30, injury prone and on a ridiculous contract. We’ve got Alexis Sanchez for that role.

I wouldn't even entertain that offer. If he is to go I think we need to be fairly tough. Decide how much we will accept but, but it has to be much more than that, and tell any buyers he won't go for a penny less. Also if it is to be done it needs to be in the next 7 days. A minute after that and tbe deal is off.

I assume he's going if it the Fernandes stories are true.

We should definitely play hard. I'd want 100m plus Bale and Bale to drop his wages.

I'd take 100m and Odegaard too.

I honestly don't think Utd will accept anything other than a cash deal as Madrid are not going to give you a player you actually want they're going to try and unload deadwood. I don't think their best players will want to come anywhere near us anyway so it's pointless mentioning Varane, why would he come to Utd?

The only logic I see with Bale is a loan deal you have to try before you buy as the wages involved are crazy and you have to wonder what his motivation is for the game at the moment.

Madrid clearly don't have the money so the club will just need to tell Pogba that he can go but only for the right price which I think would be somewhere around £120m and it needs sorting before the end of next week so we can get his replacement in. If it doesn't happen he stays for 1 more year and he can move next summer.

The main worry is that our transfer window closes before Spains. We cannot do something like let the window shut having not replaced him and then let him go.

I think Utd will have told his agent what is going on and probably told them a price they won't want to keep an unhappy player no matter how good he is we've already had that in the season just gone.

They have to set a realistic deadline on it they might agree the deal and then not announce it to allow them to get the replacement agreed and sorted just to get the PR on the whole thing right for everyone, Pogba seems pretty relaxed he said his one thing then hasn't said anything since which makes me think he either knows the deal is done or he accepts he might have to stay.

If it goes past a certain date though they'll just have to tell them it's not happening because once we can't buy that means we also can't sell first team players it just won't happen.

Utd have always allowed players who want to go to go there's nothing to be gained by forcing them to stay as it just rots a dressing room especially when it's someone like Pogba who is a leader in that dressing room.

I imagine if he had to stay he'd have a little sulk then just get on with it because he knows he needs to prove to clubs like Madrid he's worth the money and sulking on the pitch won't do that.

He's due back at training on Monday and I'd be shocked if he didn't turn up but I would imagine the club would rather he didn't if he is going so it might be a deal that moves quickly if it's going to happen because last thing we want to do is drag him off to Asia on tour if he's going to leave.

Think the leave for the tour back end of next week so hopefully the major things that need sorting get sorted.

Pogba in or out
De Gea new contract
1 or 2 new signings through the door.

I saw they will offer Kroos and some wedge even though he has only just signed. I suppose it would depend on him wanting to come.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back