Pogba to leave?

Just my opinion, do you think Pogba would be happy at PSG? Yes will win french league every season but that would get a little boring and if they have to sell mbape or neymar to find it that would weaken there CL chances , I just think if he did go there he would be throwing he’s toys out the pram after 2 seasons again.

I agree. I feel as though if he were at PSG winning the French league wouldn't be enough for him and if they were to under perform in the Champions League knockouts as they seem to have been doing so every season, he'd be quick to throw his toys out of the pram and demand out.

Early January Ole said he’ll be out for up to 4 weeks with the injury. It’s nearly approaching 7 weeks and he’s nowhere near a return. Call me negative but this just seems like a smoke screen in easing him out of the club.

Ole now says it is touch and go if we see him again this season

Early January Ole said he’ll be out for up to 4 weeks with the injury. It’s nearly approaching 7 weeks and he’s nowhere near a return. Call me negative but this just seems like a smoke screen in easing him out of the club.

I'm finding all of this very baffling! Would love to know the truth as to what's actually happening behind the scenes. Do you think it's likely we'll ever see him in a United shirt again?

Solskjaer on Pogba possibly training with United squad soon: 'He's not anywhere near that yet.'

Sounds fishy to me his first 6 weeks injury ended up being longer then it was 4 more weeks than was at least 6 weeks ago.

He’s clearly in no rush but if he wants a move he needs to get himself playing injury won’t just drive histransfer fee down it’ll knock his wages down too.

he is going to come back just before the Euro's. Like I have been saying all year. Doesn't care about united.

You’ve got to believe he does want to get back as soon as possible because if he isn’t fit is the French boss even going to consider him for the Euro’s? He wouldn’t want to miss that tournament. It just all sounds a bit fishy unless our medical team are just rubbish!

he'll give it 4 or 5 games at the end to get into the French team. If I was Ole I wouldn't play him.

Pogba is a huge part of the France squad if he didn't play again this season I think they'd take him assuming he's actually fit.

They'd just use the pre tournament friendlies to dust off the cobwebs fitness wise.

Sounds to me like something has happened between player and manager which is why it's all kicked off through the agent in the last few weeks. Wouldn't be surprised if Ole hasn't gone into him over something he's done.

I'm just so over it all now shame we can't sell him now but I'm not arsed if we see him in a Utd shirt again or not if he wants to play Pogba needs to come out and say something himself.

Bit of a conflicting issue if we need the results come the final games of the season.

If it came to it, would people rather see him to his best prime Zidane impression in an attempt to solidify a spot in the French for Euros and potentially improve our performances?

Or just see him left out altogether, for being such a Prima donna throughout his time at Utd?

Personally can't quite make my mind up.

he'll give it 4 or 5 games at the end to get into the French team. If I was Ole I wouldn't play him.

If he’s fit get him in the team. Cutting our nose to spite our face by not doing so. Better to be in a position to replace him with having champions league football to offer.

Even if it’s just so it means he goes to the Euro’s smashes it and adds another £30m to his price.

If he’s fit get him in the team. Cutting our nose to spite our face by not doing so. Better to be in a position to replace him with having champions league football to offer.

Even if it’s just so it means he goes to the Euro’s smashes it and adds another £30m to his price.

Yeah very good points, I'd have to agree. Didn't even consider what a good performance at the Euros would do for his price tag.

Guess it depends on what is actually going on behind the scenes if he’s burned his bridges with the manager and/or the players you look weak by letting him back in. I can’t help but think that recent comment by Fred was directed at Pogba wouldn’t surprise me if he’s lost his mates in the dressing room.

Sometimes you have to take a stand it can make or break you as a manager if he freezes him out and Utd miss CL next season you could lose your job if you freeze him out and make it you could really galvanise the group.

Obviously we don’t really know what’s been going on as far as we know he’s injured but it’s very suspicious that they don’t really give him a return date even though we’ve all seen the photos of him doing his rehab.

Martin Samual makes some good points in the Mail today.

Pogba's value, no matter what he or united think, is lower than when we bought him. He's done nothing at Man Utd and he does nothing to convince anyone to buy him. Especially with his baggage.

I think we should just take whatever we can.

IDFD made a good point about a good tourny maybe uping his price. But I didn't think he did much in the WC team to be honest. I know he scored in the final, but there were plenty of stand out players above him, I think ayway.

If we can get what we paid I'd take it.

not for me. But that is our best hope to any kind of money for him, a good tourny, as you said.

But that does mean we have to do all our business late again.

What Martin Samuel has missed in his point is the massive inflation in transfer fees since Pogba made his move his transfer record was more than doubled within 12 months that changed the game on everyone and everything going forward. The best player in the world now costs £200m so Pogba who is still comfortably top 10 in his position in world football can still easily command a fee of £100m plus even at 27 years old.

I think Coutinho is the most comparably like for like move in recent years and that was something like £150m with all the bonuses Utd obviously won't have paid the full £90m of the Pogba fee as the bonuses are unlikely to have been met.

Utd should still come out in profit I don't expect a massive increase but I'd be surprised if we can't get the money back.

When he's played I still think he's delivered a reasonably high level of performance on a consistent basis in a team that has really struggled because he hasn't had other world class players around him at Utd. His performances for France have still been good in the 4 years since he came in he was a key player in the world cup success but the reason they won the world cup was really a team performance everyone played their roll at some point along the way it wasn't a stand out player carrying them to victory like Maradona in 86 or Ronaldo in 2002.

If we don’t get £90m back I’d keep him around. Be absurd in today’s market to say he wasn’t worth £10m more than the price tag than Maddison is being quoted. Or £5m more than we paid for Maguire.

Will he really want to waste 3 seasons of his career sitting on the sidelines? It’s a game of chicken and if they can’t get the cash to the table he stays around. I’d start fining him every time his agent spouts off in the media about us. Got to be something in his contract about bringing the club in to disrepute.

I don't think he's as good as we are led to believe by his press. I just don't see him as a brillant player, he's just marketed well. He is good, better than most, but a star player? Not for me. We have done ok without him to be honest.

I think getting our money back would be fair. To be honest, I just want him gone and us to move on. Which I guess is the atmosphere Mino is going for.

However I still can't see who will buy him. I just don't see Madrid coming near him, certainly not this summer, they willl probably wait unti he has one year left. I think they will go for Mbappe or some other forward.

Juve don't have the money.

If Mbappe goes, will he want to go to PSG?

there is no one else.

Him and his agent have pretty made it certain the united fans won't take to him. I think those bridges are burnt. I mean Bruno gets more from the fans and he's played twice.

He’s also the most marketable player the club have. His star power is what drives his price up to. On the pitch he’s a fantastic player. Off the pitch he’s a global world star.

It's a tricky one at 27 he's now at the point where you probably wont even recover that money you'll get 3 or 4 more seasons at his peak befor he potentially declines so you're buying him at his peak value. So basically the type of club who buys Pogba will need to see him as an "over the top" signing a guy who takes a team from second to first of runners up to winners in the European cup. That was sort of how Juve viewed Ronaldo when they signed him they paid 100m for him knowing they'd probably never get a penny back but they hope he'll get them the CL title they crave.

Like anything he's only worth what someone is willing to pay to get £100m + for any player you need a buyer who really wants him we need him to be the player they NEED to have not a player they'd LIKE to have. Because on top of that fee comes £15m a year salary plus a big agents commission so it's a very expensive commitment for a club to make yes he brings a lot of attention for commercial purposes but we've all seen it can also bring a lot of negative attention. Ever since he left Utd the first time he's always been linked with moves away and while a lot of that is just talk it's probably talk teams could do without on a regular basis.

That's why I think PSG is where he will eventually end up Madrid don't NEED him and Juventus don't NEED him either

If you start fining him you just make it worse and you are punishing him for something someone else does you'd have the PFA all over you and the other players would probably side with him so you'd just be creating a headache for yourself.

For me it's just a situation that needs to come to a close if we have to take a small loss on his fee then so be it but he needs to be out the club in the summer.

You’ve got to believe he does want to get back as soon as possible because if he isn’t fit is the French boss even going to consider him for the Euro’s? He wouldn’t want to miss that tournament. It just all sounds a bit fishy unless our medical team are just rubbish!
If he is fit enough to play he goes to the Euro's 110%, whether he plays 5 games for us or 0 - he goes regardless.

I don't think he's as good as we are led to believe by his press. I just don't see him as a brillant player, he's just marketed well. He is good, better than most, but a star player? Not for me. We have done ok without him to be honest.

I think getting our money back would be fair. To be honest, I just want him gone and us to move on. Which I guess is the atmosphere Mino is going for.

However I still can't see who will buy him. I just don't see Madrid coming near him, certainly not this summer, they willl probably wait unti he has one year left. I think they will go for Mbappe or some other forward.

there is no one else.

Him and his agent have pretty made it certain the united fans won't take to him. I think those bridges are burnt. I mean Bruno gets more from the fans and he's played twice.
Agree with this completely mate.

I'm

there is no one else.

The first point you make about him basically being over hyped has got me thinking. While I agree with this, I think he's still a more able footballer than pretty much anyone else we have in the squad. There's still far too many mediocre players in the ranks for me. I think it will probably be bitter sweet if and when he leaves us and will start showing his true ability, until he starts playing up again at least.

I just hope the money from his sale is invested thoughtfully.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just the Daily Mail but hey could have some traction.

So would anyone want him to stay or do you think we just need to cut ties and get the money and strengthen other areas?

I think it's more like who wants/can afford him

If he commits, and shows it on the pitch then yes, stay, he's a great player. But he has some work to do to get some fans onside.

For me if you had the below line up or a variation of then wow that looks worldie but like you say Mr C he needs to show full commitment to get fans 100% behind him.

Fred - Pogba

Sancho - Fernandes - Rashford

Martial​

If he wants to stay sign a new deal and put all the nonsense in the past then Utd should be willing to keep him but I just think all trust has been lost with him as what happens in 12 months if he changes his mind?

If he wants to stay my guess is we'd be going back to 4-3-3 and playing Bruno and Pogba either side of one holding midfield player similar to how Liverpool/City set up in most games.

Not really sure Utd currently have a player who could sit in midfield almost on his own and cover it in the way that Fabinho/Fernandino do for those clubs.

I'm conflicted. I've always been a massive Pogba fan, but I think I was maybe a victim of the hype train. I got way too excited watching his highlights at Juve, he looked incredible. However, obviously highlight videos are dangerous and I definitely did not watch him over 90 minutes enough.
Even so I think it's fair to say we've seen far too little of that at United. I would love for him to turn it around and consistently show what he can do, but I just can't help but doubt his mentality.

I’d say fine. Prove it. 5 year deal on the same money.

I’d say Pogba’s just realised there isn’t a market out there for him willing to match his contract.

I'm conflicted. I've always been a massive Pogba fan, but I think I was maybe a victim of the hype train. I got way too excited watching his highlights at Juve, he looked incredible. However, obviously highlight videos are dangerous and I definitely did not watch him over 90 minutes enough.
Even so I think it's fair to say we've seen far too little of that at United. I would love for him to turn it around and consistently show what he can do, but I just can't help but doubt his mentality.

I think the issue is while Pogba is a huge star name at Juventus he had a great team around him and for France he had a great team around him at Utd he's never really had that. Pogba is the final piece of the puzzle not the first piece I think he needs a lot of good pro's around him to keep his head screwed on and keep him in line. At Juventus he'd never have got away with the sort of sh*t he's been trying at Utd he couldn't really be a big time superstar when you've got guys like Buffon and Pirlo in the dressing room.

I think when he came in there was a power vacuum in that dressing room which to some extent he filled but when he was struggling others didn't step up especially when Zlatan had left everyone was just looking to Pogba to solve all our problems. For a while so many players got away with murder on the pitch because when the team lost all the blame would land with Pogba because everyone expected him to be superman.

He's not the sort of guy who'll lift bad players and make them look better the more quality you put around him the better he will look because he can do things that only the true elite level players can do. Put Pogba back in that Juve team or that City team and he looks a world class player again like he does most weeks for France even in quite an average Utd team he regularly looked head and shoulders above anyone else.

Personally I think the club should move on from him bank the cash (hopefully get back what we paid) and re-build as I think Pogba wants to win he didn't come to Utd to compete for 4th he came to compete for 1st in England and in Europe. The club haven't built a squad that can get anywhere near that so I think he wants out while he's still got a few years left at the very top of his game. He's 27 now so he's probably got 5 years left he probably thinks the 4 years at Utd have been a massive mistake.

if true, basically Bruno is better then.
I'm kinda feeling this too. Bruno is galvanizing the team the way I thought Pogba would, and now that Bruno has shown us/reminded us what a United player actually looks like, I am very reluctant to build anything around Pogba. I would be looking to strengthen other areas with top level talent, whether that's Jadon Sancho or not on the right wing, we need to be bringing in players of that level.

I'd say the Pogba ship has pretty much already sailed/sunk. It would be awesome to see him get back to his best, but remember when Jose called him a virus? Do we need to bet so much on a mercurial/temperamental player? I would look for an upgrade on Fred (I know, he has lots of new fans now, but I find myself pulling my hair out watching him play, with his decision-making) and a top class right sided winger.

I'm also still angry at Pogba (or his agent) batting lashes at Real Madrid and Juventus and everywhere else, saying he needs a new challenge, and all that.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back