Pogba to leave?

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
These stories seem to be picking up pace again no surprise with Pogba out of the team having totally lost his form at a really bad time with a World Cup in the summer as he approaches his peak powers as a footballer Pogba hasn’t started the crunch fixtures for Utd. His agent is apparently sounding out interest from the big clubs in Europe.

Do we think realistically Pogba could leave this summer?

PSG will be looking to rebuild their midfield this summer could they go big again to get him but FFP is a problem as this summer they officially buy Mbappe

Barca I don’t see it with Coutinho already in his position not sure they can go big again for another centre mid as I don’t see him as a natural Rakitic replacement.

Real Madrid have the interest but feel like they’re more likely to invest in strikers than midfielders this summer.

Juventus would take him back but could they afford to take him back.

Bayern don’t pay the fees/wages Utd/Pogba will demand.

Other PL clubs I just don’t see that happening.

So given he will cost in excess of £100m in transfer fees plus his agents fee plus huge wages where can he go? PSG is the only obvious move I can see but they’ve got FFP issues the only way I could see that happening would be a trade for Veratti who they apparently are considering letting go because of his attitude or if they sell Neymar to Real Madrid.

I don’t think he will go anywhere but I hope he sorts his head out because we need him back to his best sooner rather than later if we want to secure 2nd and win the FA cup.

I don't see anything in it at all. I really think he wants to be here. I don't even buy the rubbish he don't get on with Jose. I actually think his been carrying a knock for a while. I know it's hard to tell because he walks like a peacock around the pitch, but I don't think his been 100% fit.

When his on it like he was at the start of the season he is unplayable. And there's not a midfielder like him anywhere. I do think he needs to focus and be more professional at times but his still young and his still learning. His a global brand and he always gives back to his fans. Not got a problem with that at all. Just abit more focus here and there that's all for me.

Who can afford him? can PSG with Neymar and Mbappe? Madrid were put off last time because they thought he'd be a player touting himself every year or two so i can't see them interested. That leaves Barca.

Would Pogba go to City... I'm not sure he would, we certainly wouldn't sell him there.

Could this just be he wants a pay hike to match Sanchez?

Whats the crack with PSG and the FFF, they have paid off Neymar but did they loan Mbappe for a year and they now owe 170m or whatever it is this summer?

Unless Neymar to Madrid happens then it frees up space for another superstar to come in.

If we got say 100m/120m whatever we get, not sure to be honest, and then spent 80m of that on Savic, I don't think I would be overly concerned as Pogba just seems to give us headaches rather than solutions.

It would not surprise me though if he wanted to go tear it up in a shocking league so he can prance around on social media like some sort of hero.

I am going to mention him again, like a stuck record, if PSG do want him I'd take Verratti no problem for Pogba.

We could then maybe keep Martial and play him or Rashford on the left.

PSG pay for Neymar next season FFP is one season behind so UEFA are currently interrogating their numbers for this season which includes Neymar, the Mbappe money will come in when they apply for a license in 2018/19.

They’ve got a problem with Neymar because they didn’t offload enough players last summer or in January so they apparently have inflated their revenue with sponsorship deals linked to their owners and UEFA could punish them for doing that.

They’ve already been fined, they’ve already had squad restrictions the only tool left is a ban but I doubt UEFA would do it. If they have a big clear out this summer to balance up the books a bit and show willing to comply then UEFA might just restrict their squad size next season rather than ban them.

However, from an FFP point of view unless they sell Neymar to Madrid signing Pogba is basically impossible unless it’s a player swap deal so nil transfer.

As for his other options I don’t think they exist Madrid are already strong in midfield, City won’t go there and Utd simply wouldn’t sell, Juventus don’t have the money unless they’re willing to swap players but I’m not that sure they want him back feels like they’ve moved on from him.

I think if Real or another top club come in for him then he's going to go. I think he probably wants to leave and I don't think Jose is going to fight really to keep him. And to be quite Frank I don't think Jose ever wanted him in the first place. He's not a Jose type player and he's not really a fit for the system that Jose wants to play

I think he should be perfect for Mourinho. He should be playing the Lampard role and getting further forward. But Lampard was always willing to put in the hard work and get back when the ball was lost. Pogba has all the skills in his locker but he's got to put the work in to. When he can be bothered he's world class.

I think he should be perfect for Mourinho. He should be playing the Lampard role and getting further forward. But Lampard was always willing to put in the hard work and get back when the ball was lost. Pogba has all the skills in his locker but he's got to put the work in to. When he can be bothered he's world class.

And that's why he's not a Jose player. He has all the tools and ability in the world but he doesn't seem to have that work rate and that's essential for Jose.

But surely 'Have some hunger to win the ball back and get back in to position' - Should be an easy thing to improve on?

But surely 'Have some hunger to win the ball back and get back in to position' - Should be an easy thing to improve on?

Umm... I don't think so. I think you've either got that or you don't. And if you have issues with the manager, which I think Pogba does, then you aren't going to run through walls for him.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I saw Jose talking really positively about Pogba yesterday. I don't think Madrid want anything to do with his agent do they?

I don't think anyone likes dealing with his agent out of choice but you sort of have to if you want his players.

Madrid has always felt like his most likely destination after us but not yet they need to invest in other areas before signing more midfielders.

To be honest would the likes of Madrid etc. want him, does his form warrant a move to one of them? Not for me, he is going to cost about 120m quid you would think in today's market, plus his mega wages, is he good enough to justify that, is he a game changer?

Reason I can't see him going is due to there not being to much interest, quite a few midfielders available this summer, all of who are about half the price of Pogba and all probably at his level.

Not sure what we expect from him, his stats (which apparently are the be all and end all) are virtually the exact same as they were at Juve so he is performing to the level that we bought him for, but bar City away last year he doesn't seem to influence games like he should, not convinced he is as good as we like to make out he is.

I think it's just his attitude, which is probably led by is agent, having a rough period early year, rightly gets dropped, agent starts touting him around Europe. Just looks like bad attitude. He needs to concentrate on his game more and not what could be elsewhere.

Perez listed this as a reason they didn't bid for him, thought he'd be touted round within a couple of years.

Yeah to be honest I think the level he is playing at is probably his level, think we kind of expect him to be like Zidane but I just don't think he is good enough, I thought he would get to the level of say Yaya in his prime (remember that season when hit over 20 goals and got about 15 assists) but looking at him I can't see him being that good.

The fact we have to play a 3 man midfield just to accommodate him I find incredible, if the chance to swap Pogba for Dybala came up, play Fred and Matic as a two with Dybala as a 10, I would snap your hand off.

I think he's a player who needs good players around him to get the best from him similar to Ozil the better the players around him are the better he is, he isn't the sort of player who can carry a team that's just not his style and personality.

His agent kind of just does his own thing he's not always acting on behalf of his client with the things he says but he's always got these boys back so they're very loyal to him so when he goes mouthing off in the press they trust what he's doing.

Yeah, I agree, there are a few players I would swap him with.

I swap him with Bale and buy Savic. I'd swap him for Verratti but I wonder if he is too similar to Fred.

I do think he could be one of the greats, but he just does not have the mentality. If he changed his agent to someone who thinks for their client and not themselves it might improve. But by his age he should really have all that sorted. Shame really because it wont be too long and he'll be 30 looking back and saying if I only I did this etc.

Yeah when we bought him back I thought he has everything to be a world beater, to be better than Toure who, during those years at City was a ridiculous midfielder, they done the defensive work for him because he was so ruthless going forward, surely Pogba should be looking at Toure thinking "this should be me", he should bur bursting to get into the box but he is starting to turn into a you tube player, you could sit and watch his tricks and flicks on you tube from last year and think wow, beyond belief but in reality goes missing so much and just does not seem bothered.

Would be such a pity to waste the talent he has but its gotten to the stage now where I'm thinking were sacrificing a top quality no 10 here to get the best out of Pogba and it just not happening, imagine a Dybala/Griezmann or whoever in the number 10 with a free role, they would be doing a hell of a lot more than Pogba is currently offering.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And we can take that as good news. Unfortunately if Pogba wants to leave I'm not sure we have much choice. Players tend to hold so much power these days. Now I'm not saying he does want to leave but I'm just saying if he does.

He's got 4 years left on his contract so it would be tough for him to force his way out unless his agent came to the club with a huge offer that they just couldn't turn down and currently that feels unlikely.

From what you read the relationship between Pogba and Mourinho is often strained not over anything personal just sometimes Mourinho gets frustrated by his performances especially when he is switches off defensively which is a habbit he has.

I think next season is make or break for the pair of them to be honest, Pogba will have Fred/Matic providing the cover, Fred providing the link between midfield and attack, hopefully two full backs who can provide width and god forbid a decent ball into the box, Sanchez coming inside a bit more to free up space on the left for Pogba to exploit, so he now has all the pieces in place to flourish, no excuses now not to have a top top season.

Same with Jose, another 4/5 players, 300m, this is his team, he has built it or should have, so we should start to see the rewards next season, Sanchez, Lukaku, Pogba, Matic Fred (potentailly new RW), RB, LB and the two CBs will all be Jose signings, the only position he has not filled will be GK (in theory) so there are no excuses now.

He's got 4 years left on his contract so it would be tough for him to force his way out unless his agent came to the club with a huge offer that they just couldn't turn down and currently that feels unlikely.

From what you read the relationship between Pogba and Mourinho is often strained not over anything personal just sometimes Mourinho gets frustrated by his performances especially when he is switches off defensively which is a habbit he has.
I think in this instance Mourinho is in the right because he should expect more in terms of growth and responsibility from his star and Pogba seems to want all the trappings of a world class player without actually delivering the tangibles that players like De Bruyne, Kroos and Modric produce without too much of a fuss. The golden rule in football that the likes of Messi and Ronaldo have had to live by is that if you want to be exempted from the tough, ugly stuff like tracking players, tackling etc you have to produce more than your fair share in front of goal in terms of goals and assists on a consistent basis. If he can not bring himself to increase his application then maybe separation is the only option, by signing Fred to play alongside Matic we have bent back over backwards to accommodate him so next season is key imo. If he doesn't produce then he can rightly feck off to whoever tolerates his nonsense.

I don't think that rule even exists anymore if you want to be at the top you've got to play both ways attack and defence even Ronaldo/Messi in their prime would do defensive work for the team you can't just completly ignore it.

The position Pogba plays he should be targetting double figures for goals and assists every season and if he wants to boost those stats start taking the responsibility on penalties and set pieces because they can help boost your stats.

I often feel Pogba is the lightning rod for fans because of that price tag and his silly hair when the team play badly everything is instantly his fault even though it's a team game so you win as a team and lose as a team which is a culture Utd need to bring back it's become way to individual based at the club and I don't think that's healthy.

I understand that we win and lose as a team and the media is indeed unfair to him but he is yet to achieve the sort of performance level and consistency to warrant talking shit like "I am what I am", did you come by his quotes floating around the media today?

I agree with Imat regarding the way Pogba presents himself, he brings so much of it on himself, he walks around like he's Ronaldo/Messi so he brings on all the attention all the media flack, he loves it when its going well but he has to do more if he wants to be seen as being that good.

I just find him so so frustrating, he is supposed to be this generations Paul Scholes regarding passing, arriving late into the box, being our midfield goal scorer, providing assists, dictating the tempo etc. but Scholes (although he couldn't tackle), was always doing his fair share of defending.

My issue with him is when he loses the ball he never chases back, he stands there, arms in the air, moaning, whinging to the ref, never tracks back never helps out his teammates, his work rate is just non existent.

I'm one of those where I don't mind bad performances or misplaced passes or whatever as long as your giving all you have to the team, I just find that Pogba doesn't do that, he is so individual and all about himself his image his brand it's hard to defend him when he has a bad game because he looks like he simply isn't trying, which for me is not acceptable.

I agree with Imat regarding the way Pogba presents himself, he brings so much of it on himself, he walks around like he's Ronaldo/Messi so he brings on all the attention all the media flack, he loves it when its going well but he has to do more if he wants to be seen as being that good.

I just find him so so frustrating, he is supposed to be this generations Paul Scholes regarding passing, arriving late into the box, being our midfield goal scorer, providing assists, dictating the tempo etc. but Scholes (although he couldn't tackle), was always doing his fair share of defending.

My issue with him is when he loses the ball he never chases back, he stands there, arms in the air, moaning, whinging to the ref, never tracks back never helps out his teammates, his work rate is just non existent.

I'm one of those where I don't mind bad performances or misplaced passes or whatever as long as your giving all you have to the team, I just find that Pogba doesn't do that, he is so individual and all about himself his image his brand it's hard to defend him when he has a bad game because he looks like he simply isn't trying, which for me is not acceptable.
I am always one to criticize Mourinho on how he treats players but with Pogba you got to feel for the gaffer because he is dealing with a potential G.O.A.T midfield man but it seems he is not getting through to him man. Like you said, Scholes was a poor tackler but he didn't stop attempting them until he hung up his boots and as an attacker he had more goal scoring and creating talent in his toe than Pogba has exhibited to date but he actually reveled in the deeper role mixing it and matching it with much bigger lads than him in a 4-4-2 without a dedicated DM cleaning up after him. To me Pogba has the talent but lacks the hunger within himself to drive himself to where his talent ought to take him.

I agree too, Pogba is frustrating, because he could be superb, but he doesn't have the application and his agent touting him across Europe was pretty disgusting. It stinks of bad attitude. We do win and lose as a team, but some players are there to drag the others along. He can be too interested in Fifa flips rather than the simple correct pass, and he needs to take coaching for that without getting in a strop.

I also don't mind errors, what I mind is lack of effort.

I agree too, Pogba is frustrating, because he could be superb, but he doesn't have the application and his agent touting him across Europe was pretty disgusting. It stinks of bad attitude. We do win and lose as a team, but some players are there to drag the others along. He can be too interested in Fifa flips rather than the simple correct pass, and he needs to take coaching for that without getting in a strop.

I also don't mind errors, what I mind is lack of effort.
This.

Yep totally agree lads, everyone can forgive a bad performance there all human, its the lack of effort that I can't stand.

Example for me was when Rom was having a bad run, no goals in 10/12 games whatever it may have been, he was chasing back, closing down, maybe doing to much of it but he was at least showing the fans he cared and he was giving his all, which is all we can ask.

@jsp

I brought this here. I thing the main problem with Pogba is he talk and acts like he is a world class player. I don't mean his hair, or instagram that doesn't bother me. His attitude when he wasn't playing well stunk a bit. To get your agent to look for a way out, it's like he thinks he is more deserving. Should be played regardless and should be played where he wants and do what he wants.

I didn't see enough of Juve to know whether he was consistent or whether it was the same.

But in reality, is he in the worlds top 10 players, no he is not. Is he in the worls top 20? possibly. If you were making world squad, would he be in it? would he even make squad 2?

But we all know he could be, he could be brilliant, he just needs to learn to focus, and try and listen to coaches and ex players, not his agent who is only looking out for himself.

I certainly wouldn't be too annoyed if we sold him, as long as we got Verratti in, or Savic, but I am only going on other peoples opinions on Savic. Don't know the player. I just don't see Pogba going to that next level currently.

Rumours that his agent has suggested to Barca that Pogba could be available if they wanted him.

I’m sure he would be but you are talking £200m for a player they don’t desperately need so not reading to much into it.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back