Pogba: 'There are things I cannot say... otherwise I will get fined'

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hate to say it... But I think this is going to be his last season with us. He's unhappy and I can completely understand why. And Jose is going to respond to this.

He may be unhappy but he still has a job to do, which to be fair he did on Friday. We would be mad to let him go this season so he should accept this, knuckle down, and see what the season brings.

Jose should respond. You can’t have players putting this much doubt about the club after game 1. He’s out of order, Jose made him captain and said how well he played. Shut up mate and play football because you’ve just kicked a hornets nest

Jose should respond...by fining him. Pathetic attitude from the player. You’re earning 300k a week now stfu and do your job. No one is bigger than the club or the clubs manager deal with it.

He’s constantly being asked this question by the press partly because his agent has told everyone there’s a problem but it is obvious to everyone.

I think Pogba has had enough of working with him as captain and MOTM he has to speak after the game and he’s said he can’t say to much because he will get fined but it would also make things worse. He’s made it quite clear that this is broken and I don’t think it’s just the way Mourinho treats him I think he might be sticking up for team mates Martial, Shaw, Bailly etc have all faced the wrath of Jose.

Mourinho and him need to sit down and sort it out or Pogba has to be sold or Mourinho has to be sacked. No manager should ever be sacked over a player.

I think he is trying to force a move but if it doesn’t happen it’ll just be swept under the carpet.

It seems to be broken. I feel that Jose cannot rise to that bait and fine him or take him on in the press, that's what pogba and his agent want. Instead he should carry on praising him in the press and only saying if there is a problem it is only at pogbas end. He should then sit down with pogba and tell him there is zero chance of leaving this season. Knuckle down, show your quality, and we will discuss again at the ed of the season.

I think one thing everyone needs to understand is the modern player knows he has power now and it’s the same at any club and in any sport players have a voice and are prepared to use it. Personally I think that’s a good thing but there’s a time and a place for it.

There was no good answer to the question he was asked and Mourinho to extent fuelled that with his comments about Pogba at the World Cup. It might have taken 4 weeks but we’ve now got Pogba’s response to it he was happier playing with France than he is at Utd because he feels everyone was working together to achieve a goal and that clearly isn’t happening at Utd.

Deschamp was facing pelters in the press in France for the way the team played but he never called out his players and as such he was respected by them. The advantage he had was he could just not pick those who challenged him like Martial whereas Jose doesn’t have that luxury as he/club won’t get rid of the problem players.

I think the relationship is broken beyond repair but if Mourinho stops the public criticism of players I think it could become manageable and we can get through the season without to many hiccups.

Mourinho has always used the press to get a reaction from his players - I remember Lampard referring to it last year. Whether it is right for Mourinho to deal with modern day players that way is another question, but for me, he was right in his criticism of Pogba. Pogba does go missing/lose interest far too often. Clearly Mourinho's comments have worked in some respects in that he's gotten a rise out of Pogba and he gave a good/focused display on Friday.

I wouldn't be surprised Raiola is playing upon the 'unhappiness' and Barca interest to get Pogba a shiny new contract. I'm sure they are well aware how much Alexis Sanchez is on and will want a similar deal.

@IrishManc. Certainly feels like that could be a tactic but I do think he told his agent if you can get me out I'm up for it but by the sound of it Barca are interested but they can't put the deal together and they've now run out of time. I do feel there's a chance of the deal happening in January if Utd can line up a big money move for a replacement of some sort either a midfielder or a winger.

I'd be surprised if the club gave him a new deal as they know it doesn't stop him trying the same thing next summer with 3 years to run on his contract we are in a strong position for the next 12 months.

I think the solution here is both of them getting told to stop the public back and forth as there will be no winner in it both will end up losers just get on with your jobs and be professional.

is it 3 years plus a year option?

I don't thin Barca have the money for the fee or the wage do they?

I would give him a new deal and just shut down the rumours.

I though it was a 6 year deal when he signed but looked back and can only find things saying 5 years but could be a 5+1 as it seems we've done quite a few deals like that lately.

Think Barca generated a bit of money over the summer and they had money put aside for Griezmann which I assume hasn't been spent so who knows they seem to be a club who can always find money when they need to.

I don't really see why they'd want to burst the bank for him transfer fee and wages would be huge they'd need to sell a big name quickly to make space in the team and also on the wage bill for him.

They play a sort of 4-4-2 so I don't see where he fits into there system they've already signed Artur & Vidal this summer plus they have Coutinho, Rakatic, Busquets, Dembele to fit into that midfield 4.

I don't see the point in giving him the new deal maybe let him keep the captains armband I doubt Valencia would care if he lost it and both parties need to agree to draw the line under the public war or words keep it positive in public even if it is strained behind the scenes. If things don't improve someone needs to go next summer and in one player vs manager battles you always have to pick manager.

Ultimately whatever way we want to look at it and whatever we want to say about the player... This is bad news for the club. He wants out it's pretty clear to see and we can't sign a replacement. And that's because of the stupidity of English clubs.

Honestly, I don't think he wants out. I think mybe his agent is saying that whats he should do because Jose is horrible to him. But if you actually listen to Jose he is always very encouraging about Pogba.

It's the agent wanting another pay day. Perez said the reason they had no interest in Pogba because they new with his agent there would be the same moving drama every season.

Honestly, I don't think he wants out. I think mybe his agent is saying that whats he should do because Jose is horrible to him. But if you actually listen to Jose he is always very encouraging about Pogba.

It's the agent wanting another pay day. Perez said the reason they had no interest in Pogba because they new with his agent there would be the same moving drama every season.

You could be right bud and I hope so. But to me it feels like a trend that goes back to last year. I don't think Pogba likes playing for Jose and I think Jose wants to use Pogba in the incorrect way.

he used him last year in the way the squad dictated, Pogba should have seen that and been more a team player in that respect. He has bought Fred this year so Pogba can play more in the role he likes. At least that's my take on it all. Last year was a make do with what we had.

His agent has made Pogba a very rich and influentual young man and generally speaking his clients are fiercly loyal to him and trust him remember something about Raiola doesn't actually hold contracts with his players it's all done on trust.

Mourinho might be trying to drive a wedge between the player and his agent but that's a very risky game that rarely ends well for the manager.

It all dates back to Mourinho getting his new deal once he got that he started taking on the players a bit more as he had that security and that probably needed to be done as they needed a kick up the backside. However, this coincided with a bad run of form from Pogba who was dropped and I don't think that was handled particularly well Pogba claimed he was ill/injured but that news only came out in the summer when he did an interview before the world cup. Dropping a guy like Pogba is huge news it's like Neymar, Messi or Ronaldo being dropped it's a story heard all around the world and it needs managing correctly it wasn't and ever since that relationship has been strained.

There's no quotes in that article above lets see what Jose has to say in his press conference on Friday.

Personally I hope he says he won't be discussing this in public anymore as there beef whatever it is needs sorting in private away from the press as it's doing no one any favours.

Jose told Pogba to hand in transfer request, Pogba only talking to him through agent. Latest rumour, no quotes

If true they’re only talking through agents Pogba should be playing in the Under 23’s

I hope we get them both out for Fridays press conference to show a United front and end of this rubbish then.

I heard an interesting take on the Pogba comments yesterday... And that was that it was a warning to Jose to essentially say "I actually hold the power here, in a choice between you and I, I win at this club". And I think there's some weight to that. I think the club want Pogba to be here long term and in a choice between him or Jose I do think they'd end up choosing Pogba.

I hope not, no matter how much one dislikes Jose, players should not have the power over the manager.

The manager is the biggest man at the club and the most important person to back in a tug of war. The moment he’s not we’re a small club.

Players may be able to have that kind of Power at Everton or Stoke it should never happen at Old Trafford.

Ronaldo Casilas Ramos were all put in their place at Madrid. And Mourinho won’t tolerate it from Mourinho here.

The manager is the biggest man at the club and the most important person to back in a tug of war. The moment he’s not we’re a small club.

Players may be able to have that kind of Power at Everton or Stoke it should never happen at Old Trafford.

Ronaldo Casilas Ramos were all put in their place at Madrid. And Mourinho won’t tolerate it from Mourinho here.

How exactly did that happen? When he lost those 3 Mourinho was sacked at the end of that season despite still being very popular with the owner. It's also similar to how he lost his job at Chelsea where the players clearly turned on him the season after the title was won on the back of the doctor thing.

I back your original point though no player should ever hold more power than the manager but I think in the modern game big name players who spend a long time at clubs do get that sort of power and sway with managers changing more regularly. I don't think Pogba has that weight to be throwing around at this club he hasn't earned it yet.

He lost Ramos Ronaldo and Casillas in his first season. In the very early months when he benched the 3 of them to prove he’s bigger and they can’t run the side after he’d first dropped Casillas

He flexed his muscles on players in that first season because he was the European Champion and he had the full backing of the president when he did it again 2 years later it was curtains for him as that bad blood spread throughout the dressing room and basically forced the club to sack him.

I think what we assume to be strained relationships with players like Pogba, Martial or even Shaw are not good for a dressing room one bad apple and all that I think that's why he's keen to get some of these guys out as bad morale can feed off each other.

Also he was never sacked by Madrid I don’t know where this comes from. It was announced weeks before he left that he was leaving that isn’t what happens when someone is sacked. As you said he was loved by the president whose always said he’d welcome Jose back. He walked away from Madrid because of the fans.

Oh come on mutual consent is basically the way negotiated settlements are handled no manager has quit his job in ages because they want the pay off the clubs never sack them because it means payment in full these things are always negotiated settlements but the club are the ones who push it.

He didn't walk he was pushed because the man who was happy to stand by him Perez couldn't alienate the fans because he's an elected official fans still have massive power.

Which manager have you ever known to be sacked and then stay on for weeks? That is not a usual case.

And why are we saying Jose has lost the dressing room? there is no sign of that. Just Pogba's agent being the nob he always is.

Clubs announce a manager is leaving at the end of the season all the time Wenger last season had 1 year on his contract but the club agreed to terminate the deal at the end of the season for example. Wenger could walk away that day but you negotiate an end to the contract and get on with it. Pellegrini at City was a sitting duck for 6 months etc.

He hasn't lost the dressing room but if he has to keep players around who clearly don't see eye to eye with him then these bad moods build and it doesn't end well. Managers/coaches don't go into the players dressing room at clubs traditionally if you've got a few players who are unhappy that can spread quickly for example if you're mates with Martial would you maybe be a bit annoyed with how that's been handled? Pogba is hugely powerful in that dressing room he's the man they all look to because of his personality that could become a problem for Jose if things are as bad as the press are claiming.

Are you saying Wenger was sacked then?

I haven't one player say they are unhappy. Blind, Pereira, Mata, Herrera, Fellaini, Lukaku, Lingard, Shaw, De Gea, Carrick must be happy, I could go on, all have spoke well of Jose.

Martial has long been unhappy, you can't help tht, if you're not playing the answer is not to sulk. And Pogba's stuff seems to be fed by his agent.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back