Pogba red card v Arsenal

Sideshow Bob

Thoughts?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Maybe it is my red bias but i think he is unlucky. Didn't go over the top, didn't leave the ground and Bellerin sort of lay his leg down.

For me it wasn't a red. Would a player have been sent off if it was a foot instead of the calf? I reckon not. Very harsh red. Also why wasn't koscielny sent off for bringing down lukaku. He was the last man. The ref was shite imo.

I don’t think he’s tried to crunch him when Bellerin tackles the way he did it’s hard not to end up doing what he does if he wants to get the ball which he does.

I would be interested to see how they describe it in the match report it wasn’t excessive force but if he appeals he won’t get anywhere.

Such a shame as he was class in that game and now he’s out of the derby.

Think he could have avoided it. Hopefully won't happen again. 2nd time in his career.

He could have avoided it by not going into the tackle but the ball was there to be won, infact i think he came away with it really. It looked bad because in effect he was stood on his leg but i fail to see how hw could have not done without pulling out.

Such a shame he will miss the derby because everything positive went through Pogba yesterday. For me Bellerin’s tackle attempt was so unnatural, so the position he had his leg at just made it impossible for Pogba to get out for the way with his momentum.

So Pep and City strike lucky again. All these late winners, running on the pitch and avoiding an FA ban and now playing your nearest rival who won’t have their most influential player. It’s all going their way at the minute.

It looks very bad at super slow mo but in real speed it’s not as bad the reason Bellerin got hurt was the way he went into the tackle not the way Pogba went in.

I can see why the ref gave it but Pogba had to go for that ball people saying he’s studded his knee it must be red are missing the point that Bellerin has put his knee on the floor.

For me if you’re giving it for the follow through it can only be a yellow to give a red you are saying he’s purposely stamped on him which I’m not having for one minute.

I don't think Pogba had any intent at all, it was just unlucky his foot landed where it did. I don't think he had anywhere else to actually go with it. Ball was there to be won and Bellerin was all over the place.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So that's him out for City (H), Bournemouth (H) & WBA (A)

It's such a shame as he was really building up a head of steam after that injury, you'd think even without him they'll fancy beating Bournemuth and WBA but beating City has just got a lot harder and it's going to need a massive effort from everyone to do that.

Normally players wait another 2 weeks before they get their red cards so they can book their Xmas holidays :p

Unfortunate. He'll be missed but no better time for others to step up and do a job while he's suspended.

Agree jsp, it's around about 14th December that Rojo goes into two foot tackle overdrive!

I like to think that the reason he didn't get a red card last season was the FA have got wise to this so the 2 weeks before Xmas is going to be a free for all no holds barred version of football.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back