Pogba and fan altercation after Cardiff match

Ben Townsend

Just seen the footage of Pogba getting a load of stick from the fans just before he made his way back down the tunnel after the game yesterday.

Its fair to say he wont be sticking around.

It's a tricky one because he could have just walked off and ignored it instead he stood there and took it because I think that's the thing you have to do as a player and having been in Italy it's not unusual to have to stand and take the fury of the Ultras.

It was hard to tell if he was even reacting to the guy who was screaming on the camera because he wasn't the only one.

If I was Pogba I'd be trying to get out what is the point in staying here for him.

He deserves some criticism but there were plenty of others who deserve to be battered by the fans over the way they've performed this season he's far from the only one.

It's a tricky one because he could have just walked off and ignored it instead he stood there and took it because I think that's the thing you have to do as a player and having been in Italy it's not unusual to have to stand and take the fury of the Ultras.

It was hard to tell if he was even reacting to the guy who was screaming on the camera because he wasn't the only one.

If I was Pogba I'd be trying to get out what is the point in staying here for him.

He deserves some criticism but there were plenty of others who deserve to be battered by the fans over the way they've performed this season he's far from the only one.
By some of his gesticulations it was as if he was trying to say sorry or trying to ask for forgiveness ? the fans were having none of it and were just slating him.

Totally agree @jsp, in that why was it only Pogba taking the flack ? Theres others that deserve it a lot more than he does but they didnt stick around to listen to some home truths did they.

In a bizarre way it shows that he actually does care - to a certain degree, he could of just thought "f**k this, I wont be here next season so just ignore it"

Bookies got him 4/6 to go to madrid, so it could certainly happen, just the deal that would be the stumbling block.

I think he gets the stick because he is the one who coul dplay much better and put more effort. The others we now are chaff.

Will he get that move now his agent is banned for 3 months?

His agent is employed by an agency who Pogba is signed to so they'll just put someone else in for a few months to cover while his agent is banned.

Come on Mr C there's plenty more who could be putting in more effort as well the fitness levels of first team players this season has been a disgrace. That team hasn't been able to run all season Ole ran them hard for 1 month when he came in and they dropped like flies it was embarrassing.

Pogba is always the centre of attention because he's the only high profile player in the squad who actually plays every week I still maintain despite the massive drop off at the end of the season he's the only player who's managed to perform at the level required of a title winning Utd player all season. He carried this team on his back for months and when he needed them to help him no one was there to step up it's embarrassing.

I think if he's got the chance to get out he'll be gone but it's hard to see the Madrid move coming off because I don't think they're in a position to make the numbers work this summer.

I'd be amazed if Madrid want him.

If you were Madrid, would you pay 120m for Pogba, when your squad needs a revamp and you are spending on the stadium.

Yes there are lots who can put more effort, but ther best effort is pretty low. I think for the fans like me, Pogba could do so much more but seems to not want to put the effort, it;s like he wants to leave so he is not bothering. And that is not the attitude of a professional in any field. Couple that with his wage and his social media, it adds up to a player taking the pee.

I really think we should sell him if we could, no matter he's our best player. The attitude isn't right.

Pogba takes the flack, wrongly, because he's been the club's poster boy. He is the club's record signing at an eye watering fee and he's put at the forefront of the club's marketing image.

His lack of effort and his behaviour on the pitch, from the club's best player, has been unacceptable. And we keep hearing that he's challenging the managers and causing issues in the dressing room. Now those reports may not be true but regardless we hear them enough that there must be some truth to these reports.

Bottom line he needs to go. He doesn't have the attitude needed to get this club out of the hole he's in. He's not a roll up the sleeves kind of player. He doesn't do the work we need of our players. He's too busy standing still whilst a player runs away from him to score or flapping his arms around.

He's one of the most talented players to ever play for the club I truly believe that. On his day he's unplayable. So it's with regret that I believe we need to move on, but we do need to.

If I was Madrid I'd strongly consider it because players of his quality don't come around often and they do need a creative centre mid BUT if I was them I'd be telling him sit tight in Manchester for one more year because other areas take priority now which will be rebuilding the attack.

I think at Madrid they've got strong enough characters around to keep him totally focused on his football.

The stick Pogba receives from United fans is pathetic.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I guess the moments he stands there flapping his arms when an opponant runs past and creates/scores sticks in the head too. It's this that infuriates some fans, there is no work rate.

I don't think anyone doubts he's our best player, he is that by far.

I don't think he is the type of player we need at the moment. And I don't think we can build a team around him because he wont be aroung long enough for it to bear fruit.

I was reading today that maybe it's just the league he's not really suited to.

I really wanted Pogba to work out, I named a fish after him :) but it just doesn't seem the right fit at the moment. Who knows, maybe Ole can convince him, but for it to work I think he needs to sign a new deal to show that commitment and not have another disruptive season of rumours.

But I do agree, that fan was a little pathetic.

I really wanted Pogba to work out, I named a fish after him :)
Paul or Pogba? I went through a phase of naming our fish after United players. I do miss little Berbatov!

It is a little pathetic but fans are angry and they are going to lash out. Pogba doesn’t help himself with his attitude but then again I can understand his frustration because he’s clearly our best player but he gets let down by the dross around him. I think we will keep him next season but he has to improve in all areas - sometimes you look at the guy and think wow he’s class in a biscuit tin but then there are others when you’re like err is he worth it!

He doesn't help himself sometimes, is attitude doesn't always come across right. I don't fully accept his workrate issues. As big Ron has said about players in the past he is a rolls Royce going forward and a lada going back. The bottom line though, at the moment, if it is happening for pogba it doesn't happen for United.

He doesn't help himself sometimes, is attitude doesn't always come across right. I don't fully accept his workrate issues. As big Ron has said about players in the past he is a rolls Royce going forward and a lada going back. The bottom line though, at the moment, if it is happening for pogba it doesn't happen for United.

Big Ron said a lot of things about players though :oops:

If Pogba isn’t there I wouldn’t want to be one of these other lads for me finger always points at him first both good and bad and that’s wrong.

He is a liability defensively but he’s incredible going forward he’s in the team for his attacking skill not his defensive ones.

Evra made a good point today our front 6 should be ashamed that they’ve all been outscored by Pogba this season.

I don’t think the defence can really point a finger at Pogba for the worst defensive performance in years yeah there’s a few goals down to him.

I still think it was brave of him to stand there and take it from fans if he’d just gone straight down the tunnel he’d ha e been hammered for that to.

However, I do think we’ve reached the point where he’s becoming to big a distraction if he’s not prepared to commit and wait for us to rebuild let him move on take the money from Madrid and use it for rebuilding.

he stands there flapping his arms when an opponant runs past and creates/scores sticks in the head too. It's this that infuriates some fans, there is no work rate.

Yeah it's 100% this. Where's the work rate? The will? The desire to do what's needed for the team? He's not going to grab a game by the scruff of the neck. He's not going to make things happen when we really need him to. He's going to flap his arms around and be a negative influence on the field.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back