Player of the tournament

I didn't watch every game but I thought Hazard was brilliant in every game I watched so I'd pick him I think to be player of the tournament you need to have made it to the semi final.

Honourable mentions to.

The glimpses I've had of France very impressed by Varane.

Chereshev (don't think that's how you spell it) was fantastic in helping Russia to a 1/4 final.

Trippier was immense for England.

Modric I think carried that Croatia team when it was struggling at times and was fantastic the night they ripped Argentina apart.

Mbappe has been the breakout star of the tournament. He's completely put Griezemann in his shadow. Pogba has also been excellent.

Tripper has been the best defender at the tournament.

I'm going to wait until the final to make my mind up on this. It's going to come from one of those teams. Trippier been superb mind. Maguire been my favourite England player. Hazard the only Belgian outfield player I can say i've truly been impressed by over the whole tournament.

I'm going to wait until the final to make my mind up on this. It's going to come from one of those teams. Trippier been superb mind. Maguire been my favourite England player. Hazard the only Belgian outfield player I can say i've truly been impressed by over the whole tournament.

Lukaku has been excellent

I think a few of the French lads have done well, Varane, Pavard, Lloris, Mbappe, Kante.

The player who I have found the most exciting/explosive is Hazard, everytime he gets the ball he looks terrifying.

Foe me, Lukaku had one good game.

Rumour is, Croatia win the WC Modric gets Ballon d'or.

Lukaku has been excellent

Only 2 games for me. I really like Lukaku but his best game came against Brazil where he was mostly playing from wide right. Only Hazard has done well in every game, De Bruyne and Lukaku were both hit and miss.

Rumour is, Croatia win the WC Modric gets Ballon d'or.

That would make a great change from the usual "who was top scorer in CL winning team?". Midfielders/defenders should have more of a say in it. But it's the same in most sports. In rugby you get a more diverse selection. Hooker, lock, Flankers, No.8, Scrum half, Outside halves, Wingers all won the rugby equivalent since 2001.

Golden Ball top 3.

Modric
Hazard
Griezmann

Young Player Award ~ Mbappe

Golden Boot ~ Kane

Golden Gloves ~ Courtios

Haven't seen an official goal of the tournament but the BBC vote went to the Chadli goal vs Japan the fast break in the last minute to win in 3-2.

I think I would have given it to Hazrd, but Modric is a good shout too.

Great tournament.

As for best goal, I would have gone Pavard

I would've gone for the Nacho one personally similar to Pavard but hitting it with power I think makes it harder to control as there's no margin for error.

Been some fantastic goals at the world cup and it's been a great tournament to watch.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back