PL to change implementation of offside rule

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Man City 'offside' goal against Aston Villa would now be penalised, says Premier League
Offside law clarified after disputed Man City goal

So we are changing the rules mid season after City get an advantage which very likely got them an additional 2 points from a tough fixture.

Seems to me like they’ve looked at it and realised they got it wrong and this is a creative way of not admitting they messed up.

Yesterday in the Liverpool game the second Firmino goal.

How can they allow that.

Through ball to Salah who’s offside, the defender slides to cut it out then hits the keeper before Firmino taps in.

By the current rules this is 100% a goal I just don’t get how the rules can states that Salah isn’t active and a defender attempting a slide tackle to intercept a pass should dictate a new phase of play.

I thought that, of course he was affecting play

Under the current rules if a defender makes a deliberate attempt and plays the ball it automatically starts a new phase of play. If the defender slides and misses the ball or let’s it go then Salah is offside but if he touches it then he’s onside.

The rule needs tweaking it should only be considered a new phase if the defender has got the ball under control.

But the pass is for an offside player, so he is having an effect, if he wasn't there the ball would not be passed.
It's offside for me.

Granted the rules might say different, but they are wrong :p

Think everyone agrees the rules are wrong what worries me is how has that rule been allowed to come in? What idiot has decided that should be considered onside.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back