PL scrap 5 sub rule

jsp

Top Poster Of Month

Back to 3 subs from 7 named on the bench in the PL next season.

Drinks breaks scrapped.

VAR to be in line with FIFA protocol which means refs go to the monitor and check themselves for all subjective decisions rather than relying on the VAR to give them a decision this means almost all red card and penalty decisions will see the ref go to the monitor and any goal which requires a second look will also go to the monitor. Things like offside where it's not subjective will still be done by the VAR.

The drinks break thing was absurd.

Think it was an extra precaution as the players weren't allowed to share water bottles so they couldn't just grab a drink when a physio came on or from the side of the pitch if the game stopped.

That plus the games being in the summer months when dehydration was more of an issue it sort of made sense but I'm glad they've binned them. I did notice they aren't doing them in Europa League games.

It changed the way the game was going on more than one occasion for us, and not in a good way,

I think it was a bit give and take some times the break came at the right time some times at the wrong time but they were having an impact on every game.

Water break sucked but I liked the 5 subs rule. I think the extra subs could save a lot of needless injuries plus giving fringe players more time.

Water break sucked but I liked the 5 subs rule. I think the extra subs could save a lot of needless injuries plus giving fringe players more time.

Think it allowed clubs with strong benches to really take advantage late in games I don't think it had a huge impact in this short period but I reckon over a whole season the advantage could be massive.

The only thing I'd say in response is the club who play in European Competitions will now have to rotate from the start of games as shorter season means it's going to be 2 games a week for pretty much the entire season. Next season will be a true test of your squad depth.

Think it allowed clubs with strong benches to really take advantage late in games I don't think it had a huge impact in this short period but I reckon over a whole season the advantage could be massive.

The only thing I'd say in response is the club who play in European Competitions will now have to rotate from the start of games as shorter season means it's going to be 2 games a week for pretty much the entire season. Next season will be a true test of your squad depth.
Cue the ominous music. We have zero squad depth, unless Ed gets out the checkbook...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back