Philadelphia Union v Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Date: 21st July 2010
Kick off: Local Time 19:00 EDT, 00:30 BST

Lets have your pre-match thoughts? Who will feature after the game against Celtic? Cleverley to start after looking nervous and trying to hard? Berbatov to be a sub after playing the full 90 on Friday?

Seen enough of Berba, doesn't need to play now until the game after this but maybe Fergie wants to find a partner for Berba. Diouf worked really well with him the other night. Kiko worked well with him last summer.

Hope Cleverley starts, a lot of the youngsters looked a bit nervous the other night to be honest, he looked better to me when he came over to the right, but then he went back, could be a good player to have, someone who can play anywhere across midfield, don't think we've got anyone like that.

.........I would like to see United play a 3-5-2 formation......giving Rafael and Fabio license to attack more!

Wednesday 00:30... is that tonight, because technically it is Wednesday at that time or is it tomorrow night when it's technically Thursday? Confused.

Another Night I must get awake early enough -.- 01:30

but first Lech Pozen at 19:00 GMT :D

I kept getting told last week that it was on espn3.com but I think you have to pay. I saw nothing to say it was on either.

I think the internet is probably the best place if you don't have MUTV. Hopefully, I can get a better picture quality tonight, thought Scholes was making some brilliant tackles last week but it turned out to be Fletch. Hair colour is pretty similar.

Can't wait for tonight, looking at Cleverley getting more minutes and Corry Evans getting his first minutes, maybe Amos too and hopefully the return of Nani. Big season for him, has to show the form of the 2nd half of the season, all of this season.

It's been an hour since the last update on the official website blog. Gemma said she'd be back online when she got to the stadium, can't be far off now.

Yup, I won't be posting during the game though, unless I get the other laptop in but then I won't be watching properly, HT and FT comments from me.

Hoping Clevs starts or at least gets more minutes along with Corry Evans. Also hoping for more Diouf, Kiko and Welbeck. First glimpse of Nani? and hopefully some Ben Amos too. Start for De Laet wouldn't go a miss either.

They know each other very well and have already established a strike partnership at Reserve level which we haven't seen for a while as either Kiko has been injured or Welbeck's been out on loan. So it'll be good to see that partnership again and also see Welbeck play upfront.

Yeah there were pictures before the first game and they were together.

Can't find a stream at the moment :(

Exciting team. Thought Welbeck and Macheda would start up top and looking forward to seeing that partnership for at least 45 minutes.

Get in, found a feed. Much better picture quality than last week, might use this site for the rest of the season.

Definitely, iamdai off of here just gave me an even better link. Brilliant. Good pic and sound quality now. Tidy!

They're going to get banned, guaranteed one fan out of a million will throw one onto a pitch in the opening weekend.

Off now for 1st half, talk at HT.

Disappointed with Kiko. Lazy and won't look up and pass the ball. Welbeck is having to do his and Kiko's workload! Can't see him starting second half.

Youngsters trying to hard? Obertan and Kiko are anyway, trying to force things, those 2 need more minutes, Welbeck played well from the start, Cleverley had a good last 10-15mins. Dodgy at the back a bit, could do with a Def minded mid I think.

Some of the youngsters are going to get their first experience of the hair dryer I think judging by Fergie's expression towards the end of that half.

Yeah Diouf ain't on the bench. Berba prob, lack of experience in final 4 at the momento.

It's good to see Fergie taking pre-season seriously, it's probably a good time to get things into players heads, good experience.

United a little better, but the Americans had good chances too. Sleepy and Disappointed Game, which is hardly surprising.

Obertan started well but then disappeared and started holding the ball too much. Have to go back to being the player of the first game.

Macheda only took a few passes, but fought with the ball through this first half.

Welbeck showed good movement from start to finish, moving well, but had chances to score and ended badly.

Cleverley's performance is slight, but he played well.

Changes about to be made. Berbatov, Fletcher, Corry Evans, Rafael and Fletcher about to come on.

Kiko definitely needs more minutes, looks very unfit, unsharp and lazy at the minute. Welbeck was most impressive, Obertan and Cleverley showed signs of decency, not enough though, both need more games. Nice to see Corry getting game time and Smalling getting more game time. Berba impressed a bit for his 15 mins. Good workout, this is what we need most of all.

I thought obertan should have had a penalty, but wow what a player hes becomming. Hes just so confident with the ball, he and Welbeck had a really good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back