Phil Jones to leave in the summer?

Be a good move for him if it came off.

He needs to go start fresh somewhere else he’s not as bad as people make out just isn’t Utd quality.

A move would be good for him and hopefully he will do well, which in turn, may bring about an appearance on Dancing on Ice

We should set him up with a bumper pack ( food , clothes , toys etc) and tie a pretty bow around him and hope someone finds him cute and snaps him up.

I haven't really got anything against the bloke he tries his best but he's had terrible luck with injury I kind of blame the people who kept giving him new contracts he should have been moved on years ago.

It's a shame he's become a bit of a laughing stock because if he was fit and playing for a less high profile team he'd be talked up as one of these under rated defenders who should get an England cap because despite the odd brain fart 99% of the time he's pretty good.

Why do we need Semedo? AWB will be our first choice right back for years to come and then we have Laird coming through. Would be entirely unnecessary.

Why do we need Semedo? AWB will be our first choice right back for years to come and then we have Laird coming through. Would be entirely unnecessary.

Semedo and AWB and Dalot or Mengi then we buy a CB and sell Jones and Rojo perhaps necessary by 29 players in next season.

Laird are new player in U23.

It's 2 or 3 by 5 RB Utd pickup.

I can’t see us buying any full backs. It’s probably the strongest area in the squad. AWB Williams Shaw Dalot is enough to not be wasting money needed in other areas.

Think defence are strongest parts by world class by Smalling, AWB, Shaw, Maguire, Bailly, Lindelöf, Fosu-Mensah, Romero, De Gea top defence in the team because it's international players.

You consider Dalot a goner then?
Well I haven’t seen much in him myself so far. I don’t know what everyone thinks. He looks like someone we plucked out of Portugal to early and could probably do with a loan move where he’s playing week in week out.

I highly doubt we will be strengthening our full back area. We are well stocked in the area and Williams can cover both sides. Not sure it’s an area where we need to be concentrating on.

Well I haven’t seen much in him myself so far. I don’t know what everyone thinks. He looks like someone we plucked out of Portugal to early and could probably do with a loan move where he’s playing week in week out.

I highly doubt we will be strengthening our full back area. We are well stocked in the area and Williams can cover both sides. Not sure it’s an area where we need to be concentrating on.

Needs to stay fit and play some games he’s always bloody injured but I do agree moved to early not playing enough football with AWB in the squad he’s not going to get many games either. I’m not convinced by him either when he does play

Imagine getting all that Saudi money and signing phil jones.

I actually think he'd be a good signing for them he's not terrible he's just not good enough to be at a club with title ambitions because he makes to many mistakes he'd be fine at a mid table club.

Don't really see him going anywhere other than on loan will be very little money exchanged in the next transfer window it'll be player swaps and loans as pretty much everyone is cash broke.

I think Jones is going to have to move on if he wants regular first team football. Never lived up to his billing when we signed him from Blackburn. I rate our current crop of centre backs in this order 1 Maguire 2 Bailly 3 Lindelof 4 Tunzabe 5 Rojo.

Yes, hopefully it would be good for him as well and give his career a boost. I think his confidence went with all the stick he endured.

1) he moved to young should have stayed at Blackburn for at least another season but that's easy to say when Utd come calling you don't say no from memory Liverpool were also in for him at the time and Utd felt they couldn't miss out.
2) he fell into that John O'Shea thing of being a bit of a jack of all trades at Utd to get some games switching between RB, CB & CM he never really nailed down a starting spot because we had better options than him in all those positions in his early years.
3) he got massively overhyped when someone compared him to Edwards (was that Charlton or Fergie?)
4) Injuries killed his career to many injuries at the important time when he would have been getting that experience on the pitch stopped him progressing.

I don't think the pressure really gets to him he's got a thick skin by all accounts from what I've read about him but I agree he needs a move away from Utd he should have left years ago he's probably only survived because he ticks a home grown quota box.

It was Fergie who said he's got the potential to be Uniteds best player since Edwards.

Actually when he gets a run of games and doesn’t injure himself he actually looks like a good defender but he just cannot stay fit! I think it is best he does move on and maybe a fresh start will do him some good because he seems to be cursed to be injured here. Like I said if he can stay fit then another club will have a decent defender on their hands.

I don't recall ever thinking he was a good defender to be honest.

I think Jones is going to have to move on if he wants regular first team football. Never lived up to his billing when we signed him from Blackburn. I rate our current crop of centre backs in this order 1 Maguire 2 Bailly 3 Lindelof 4 Tunzabe 5 Rojo.

1 Lindelöf 2 Maguire 3 Shrinkar 4 Fosu-Mensah 5 Tuanzebe are my CB.

Being linked to West Ham today along with Lingard.

West Ham would be great move if we can keep Moyes in work we can get back in the habit of selling him all our cast offs.

Firstly I'd really like to know which clown signed off a 4 year £15.6m contract for an abysmal player who is either injured or sat at home as he can't make the bench. This is Man Utd at their very best! The world laughed on as we proudly gave another long contract out to a player who should have been sold years before (or given away).

Secondly, why would Jones want to go elsewhere when he is sat there earning that kind of money?

Thirdly, who would entertain having him in their squad when his injury record and performances are as they stand? He's be great for a Championship team on a pay as you play basis but why would Jones want that?

Fourthly, how do you even sell a player that strangely is injured every transfer window?

A curious case indeed.

It is being reported that Rangnick is so impressed with him in training he is set to hand him a new lifeline with a return into the team :)

Just imagine this actually happens and he comes back with a maturity and performance level that makes Fergie say............ I told you so :cool:

He apparently asked to play in some U23 games to try and get some attention from scouts for January.

Lads attitude is bang on but his body lets him down time and again someone needs to have a word with Ralf and say don’t fall for it.

I think he needs to leave fresh start in a fresh environment.

Maybe Ralf is just bugging him up to try and get him a move

He apparently asked to play in some U23 games to try and get some attention from scouts for January.

Lads attitude is bang on but his body lets him down time and again someone needs to have a word with Ralf and say don’t fall for it.

I think he needs to leave fresh start in a fresh environment.

Maybe Ralf is just bugging him up to try and get him a move
Which I think would simply be a continuation of what Ole himself was doing.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back