Phil Jones signs new contract

IDFD

He’s been given a new contract. I assume because of nationality

Was he near the end of his contract, I'm hoping it's just so we can get more money for him.

Although he doesn't mind sitting on the bench, so if we do get a new CB at least he won't be moaning about no playing time.

Not fussed to be honest, I expect whoever our new manager is will look to bring in a first choice centre half to partner with Lindelof. So we still need to keep some squad players.

I assumed it was nationality thing but just having looked this morning we registered 10 homegrown players this season. In a list that doesn't include Rashford.

That means for a new centre back this summer Rojo and Bailly need to leave as we don’t need 5 centre backs.

4 year deal I think is OTT max he should have been offered a 2+1 to protect his value and still try to sell him in the summer.

He’s always injured and when fit he’s no better than a 7/10 player on a good day.

I don’t get why we are persisting with this guy.

Why sign this guy to an extension? He's paid too much already. Move on from him. Take the hit of no transfer fee. We keep hold of players for way too long.

Why sign this guy to an extension? He's paid too much already. Move on from him. Take the hit of no transfer fee. We keep hold of players for way too long.

Stinks of Glazers/Woodward taking the cheap option as keeping him probably means we compete for top 4 letting him go for nothing means signing another CB that costs the club 50m plus in today’s market.

Stinks of Glazers/Woodward taking the cheap option as keeping him probably means we compete for top 4 letting him go for nothing means signing another CB that costs the club 50m plus in today’s market.

I hope you are wrong... I think however you are right. They keep extending guys who should be long gone and it makes no sense.

I hope you are wrong... I think however you are right. They keep extending guys who should be long gone and it makes no sense.

Protecting transfer values because they don't want players to leave for nothing Utd spent way more than they should have in the 5 seasons post Fergie and I think the belts are being tightened a bit we saw that last summer.

I think they backed Jose on Rojo & Fellaini two players I think they were prepared to run down to nothing and let go like Darmian & Valencia this summer. Now they're kind of stuck with Rojo but you'd hope he'll be going in the summer as the writing is on the wall for him but the wages he's on makes him hard to move.

We have 5 first team CB's on the books to sign a new one 2 need to go based on the contract renewals this season I think the club might try to sell Bailly in the summer along with Rojo.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back