Status
Not open for further replies.
It's time this guy was moved on though surely? On the field this year he's actually played well and he's really surprised me... But once again how often has he been available? The guy can't stay healthy and it has really caused us to struggle at the back end of the season.

He's had a few good games but the injuries are never ending and he gave away that stupid penalty at home to Bournemouth which cost us points.

My issue with him like quite a few players is even his good games aren't that great and they are few and far between partly because of injury and partly because he still has a problem with concentration. He's forever scrambling around of the floor trying to recover after he's made a mistake which isn't the sign of a good defender.

I'm surprised he's last this long and it's probably because there's not been much interest in him from other clubs... it's a bit embarrasing really that he's still here and we've let Jonny Evans and a talented youngster like Michael Keane go.

For me like Smalling they never reached their full potential because they made the move to the big club way to early, I expect that same will happen to John Stones, Callum Chambers, Luke Shaw etc all these guys took the jump to big clubs in their teens and failed to nail down first team spots and also picked up loads of injuries possibly because their bodies weren't ready for the 2 games a week schedule. I think these guys would've developed so much more had they stayed at their clubs until they were 22-23 learning the ropes and developing physically before moving to the top sides when they are actually ready.

Premier League: Southampton 0-0 Manchester United - 17th May 2017

He was much better.

Has probably pushed himself ahead of Smalling in the pecking order, has been the better of the 2 players this season.

Issue he has is something like zero minutes playing alongside Blind. As CB is a partnership I might be inclined to back the one that had a good understanding in the previous season. But I am not JM (thankfully).

Yeah the familiarity Smalling and Blind have could swing that partnership being deployed against Ajax. However, I think Jones has been the best of the two this season. I'm not that confident with either of them to be honest, we are seriously gonna miss Bailly and Rojo as a partnership!

If Jones starts the final it has to be with Smalling you can't try a new partnership for the first time in a final.

Personally I'd go Smalling & Blind I just don't trust Jones as a defender, Smalling & Blind at least put a solid partnership together last season.

All 3 could easily be gone this summer.

Personally I'd go Smalling & Blind I just don't trust Jones as a defender, Smalling & Blind at least put a solid partnership together last season.

I know Smalling got the nod but I always felt that was the right decision. Jones has his good games but he's also got a mistake in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back