Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

PFA Players’ POTY nominees: Dimitri Payet, Harry Kane, Jamie Vardy, Mesut Ozil, Riyad Mahrez, N'Golo Kante.

PFA Young POTY nominees: Dele Alli, Harry Kane, Jack Butland, Philippe Coutinho, Romelu Lukaku, Ross Barkley.

Some tough choices to make there...

For PFA Players POTY I'd go for either Kane or Mahrez. I know Vardy has had a great year but for me Kane and Mahrez offer more. Although Kante certainly enters the argument.

For Young POTY I'd go for Alli... That said I always think if the POTY is in both categories then by default they should win both. How can you have for example, Kane win the POTY but not the Young POTY? It makes no sense.

PFA team of the year:
De Gea, Bellerin, Alderweireld, Morgan, Rose, Mahrez, Kante, Alli, Payet, Kane, Vardy.

Can't really complain with that team. Only real debates are at full back and whether Ozil should be in, but for who and hasn't been that good for last couple of months (I think?).

PFA team of the year:
De Gea, Bellerin, Alderweireld, Morgan, Rose, Mahrez, Kante, Alli, Payet, Kane, Vardy.

Yeah it's hard to argue with that team... I guess maybe Drinkwater could have been in there? But then you'd have to drop one of the others and I'm not sure who you'd drop. Maybe being me I'd drop Vardy and push Alli forwards but then that's because I just don't like Vardy.

Mahrez has been named PFA Player of the Year. Dele Alli wins PFA Young POTY.

Agree with both. Mahrez absolutely superb this season, was a big fan of his last season and said at start of the season that I thought he'd make another step up this season but I didn't expect this.

Dele Alli goes out and plays like he's playing on the street. Pochettino allows him to play with freedom too. A lot of English players seem to have that freedom of expression and creativity coached out of them, Alli a breath of fresh air in that respect.

I'm not surprised that Mahrez has won it but it's again another example of the attacking players winning the votes. Actually if you looked back over the season you'd more than likely see Kante was most important to Leicester. I say this because of the role he plays and the importance of that to the way Leicester play. But of course Mahrez too has been outstanding so it's hard to be disappointed by the voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back