Pepe Reina...Would he dare join the RedDevils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deviledspam

BBC SPORT--Hodgson warns Man Utd off Reina

"If Ferguson is looking around and has lots of money, he might want Pepe Reina because he is the best around," Hodgson told the Liverpool Echo. "But we do not want to sell him. He is a lifeblood of this team."

So what do we think? Have to admit that Reina was first to cross my mind after news of VDS possibly retiring. Despite what Hodgson says Reina maybe ready 2 seek a more successful club because playing for Liverpool hasn't gotten him any closer to fellow GK Spaniards success. But, do we think he would sign on? Do we want him? I rate him highly but I've always wondered if he's content being a "big fish in a lil pond" or sincerely loyal to his club. I wouldn't mind him replacing VDS if he retires. Banter aside, I think he's the 2nd best ;) GK in the PL. What do you guys think?

Overrated in my opinion. Recently signed a new deal, therefore Liverpool are in a position where they don't have to sell, new owners too meaning they don't need to raise funds to bring in new players. Leave him there SAF.

Poor at dealing with crosses and set pieces and he does a Taibi quite a bit. I want someone a lot taller, Reina is quite short in Goalkeeping terms, the best Prem keepers are tall.

This just isn't happening, regardless of what I think of him, his contract at Liverpool runs out in 2016, Liverpool are in no position to sell and even if they were, they wouldn't sell to us. Reina doesn't want to leave either.

I hope we don't move for him, good distribution, good shot stopper but error prone + he's not that good at dealing with crosses. And for £20m+ he's overpriced. Apparently Liverpool are looking for £35m for him too. No thanks. Neuer for £20m+ less would be much better or even Stekelenburg who would cost even less i'd imagine. And then there's Adler. All these keepers are taller, and we like tall keepers.

I just started a thread about this subject...then on further inspection found this thread.

Honestly, I dont think he is good enough for us! he mistakes are too frequent and costly.
I saw sky sports news show a montage of his preformances, and although he makes some world class saves...his mistakes let him down.
One that springs to mind is the one against Everton when he fumbled and pushed it on to andy johnsons head.

I'd much prefer Julio Cesar, David de Gea or Martin Stekelenberg

Akinfeev is even more error prone than Reina. Need someone of bigger build than both.

Though i hate Liverpool players, have to admit Reina is probably the best GK in the League right now after VDS, he'd be a great addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back