Pep Guardiola at Manchester City 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to back wins for the first time in the league this season yesterday.

Going into the derby next weekend are they finally starting to find their groove?

They are starting to find form. However I think we go in to the game with a great chance. Open games suit us. We just can't deal well with teams that sit in. And we know City won't do that.

Ole has a good record against them I believe.

They are starting to find form. However I think we go in to the game with a great chance. Open games suit us. We just can't deal well with teams that sit in. And we know City won't do that.

Ole has a good record against them I believe.

Let’s hope their finishing is as dreadful as it was against us last season.

Worries me that they can rest their big hitters mid week and we can’t but we’ve got the players to hurt them on the break so should be a good game.

1-1 draw with West Brom.

Sam Johnstone former United player had the last 15 mins of his life.

Did check the stats after the game sounds like it was backs to the walls.

Someone will eventually get an absolute pasting off this City side but they don't look right they need to get a bit of spark back to their game otherwise they will be in a real battle for top 4.

They massively miss that cutting edge up top that Aguero gives them if they can get him fit and keep him fit he will make a huge difference.

Chelsea 0-2 Man City

Only 30 minutes gone but they’ve ripped through Chelsea in the last 15 after a dodgy start.

Now 3-0. City have been devastating and could have easily been 4 or 5.

Yeah bit of an iffy start but ripped Chelsea apart since half time.

City are right in the title race if they can win the games in hand.

After this Chelsea will only be 3 points ahead of Arsenal same games played. Considering the media narrative regarding both that's crazy.

After this Chelsea will only be 3 points ahead of Arsenal same games played. Considering the media narrative regarding both that's crazy.

Tables change quickly the league is very compressed Arsenal have 9 from 9 Chelsea 1 from 9 but still ahead.

Arsenal were in a very bad position but they’ve rallied.

City up to 5th 4 points off top with 1 game in hand.

That is the best City have looked in the league all season

I still think City will be right there come the end of the season. Said it all along I think people are being silly writing them off.

Be interesting when they unleash Aguero they’ve been really careful bringing him back if they’ve got a fit and fresh Aguero for the run in that is scary.

John Stones looks back to his very best as well whatever it was that was messing with his head for the last 2 seasons seems gone and he’s looking excellent again.

I do think they are weaker than last season but there’s still a lot of quality there if they can get a few of the really talented players firing they’ll be right in the mix.

One of the worst offside decisions you'll ever see in the City game.

One of the worst offside decisions you'll ever see in the City game.

It’s the rule that is stupid not the decision from what I’ve read as soon as Mings controls the ball the offside is over and the player can attempt to tackle him.

Mings has cost his side by not knowing the rules but I didn’t know this was the rule.

How they don't class Rodri as gaining an advantage from the position he is in is a joke. It's clear that he has.

Is Ming's supposed to just leave the ball?

How they don't class Rodri as gaining an advantage from the position he is in is a joke. It's clear that he has.

Is Ming's supposed to just leave the ball?

Either leave it or head it away but it’s unlikely he thought about Rodri still being where he was.

Rodri can only go for the ball once Mings brings it down and has it under control.

If Ming's has to leave or head it because Rodri is there then he's active.

It's blatant offside.

If Ming's has to leave or head it because Rodri is there then he's active.

It's blatant offside.

He isn’t active because he isn’t trying to play the ball.

Mings should know he is there so he’s taking a risk bringing it down which is a deliberate action which resets everything.

I’ve only seen one replay and he seemed far enough away from Mings to be considered not interfearing.

It’s really harsh on Mings but it’s within the rules.

I think you perhaps need to see it again then. From the side on angle which shows it properly.

It's a horrible decision.

But the two refs on BT couldn't even agree. One said blatant offside and he doesn't understand the decision and one said it wasn't.

Put it like this. If Rodri isn't there when the ball is played it isn't a goal so he's gained an advantage from being offside.

But when you control the ball under no pressure everything resets and the offside doesn’t matter.

It’s a rule that I think needs reviewing as he’s clearly getting an advantage in that situation from being on the blind side of the defender.

He was closer than I originally thought but he didn’t challenge until Mings controlled it.

Was just thinking about putting him in my FPL team.

Aguero self isolating as well due to a Covid contact.

haha, just seen I wrote out out pmsl.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

De Bruyne is a massive loss with some tough games coming up. Hoping they slip some points while he’s out.

Come on City they’re already done for. Like a cat toying with a mouse.

They really are on a roll at the moment look back to somewhere near their very best the leaky defence has been plugged and the goals are starting to flow. You can see why they're considered favourites for the title.

Funny how no one mentions how Nathan Ake hardly plays?

oh yeah

Stones seems to have found some serious form

Yeah he's looking back to his best which is annoying he looked like he was finished at City last season.

Heard he's had a few off field issues split from his long term partner and reading between the lines might have gone off the rails a bit but seems like he's fully focused again. Cancelo has also taken over from Walker and seems to have made them a bit more secure down that side too and Fernandino is playing more in his normal central midfield role which helps them there.

At some point they're going to have Aguero back as well.

They look really strong. They are massive favourites.

I'm interested to see how we cope with the next few games, to win the league we need to be getting max points. Not for points sake, to show the right mental strength. Don't get cocky after Liverpool so a decent win is needed tonight. And we need to put Arsenal to bed.

If we do get max points, and vs Southampton, I might actualy start to believe.

They really are on a roll at the moment look back to somewhere near their very best the leaky defence has been plugged and the goals are starting to flow. You can see why they're considered favourites for the title.

Funny how no one mentions how Nathan Ake hardly plays?
On current form they have to be considered favourites. Like you say Dias has really tightened up their defence and his partnership with Stones has really shored them up.

Last night was without De Bruyne as well. Granted it was only WBA but the football they played, they would have smashed most teams.

Gundogan has turned into some sort of goal machine as well!

I am still not getting ahead of myself but the dream would be end of the season 90th minute we need a goal to win the title - then Martin Tyler screams Diallooooooooooooo!

Yeah they're really on a roll but surely blips will come just like they will with us so it's all about just staying in the race through the next 10 games then when 10 games to go is when it really gets interesting.

10 league wins in a row and just put Liverpool in their place.

Foden is a cracking player.

That's some result. Done us a favour for our top 4 challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back