Paulo Dybala

SuperRash

Read a few reports yesterday and today about us bidding for Dybala. They probably all came from the same source and papers are running with it but it may have some legs. He has had his game time limited because of Ronaldo and Juve could be willing to let him go.

Can’t say I’ve seen a lot of the guy, just bits and bobs here and there. Anyone watched him more? I kind of think it may be one of those cases where we are picking up a player whose club doesn’t really want him anymore. The optimist in me hopes that if he does arrive then he has the same impact as Coutinho did at Liverpool as he arrived from Italy having been a bit part player at Inter.

On the base of it, he has loads of ability - I remember watching him score a brilliant goal in the champions league (against spurs I think) and thinking Wow, this kid looks the real deal.

The arrival of Ronaldo has seemed to be hard on him, pretty much all of the attention was on him and then Ronny turns up and steals the limelight, I think he would be a risk worth taking but Im not sure the of the look of our team next year.

If we have a much younger, inexperienced side then Im not sure he would fit, conversely he could thrive on that as he would be seen as one of the top dogs.

I Just have not idea with united anymore, f**k it, just get him.

I Just have not idea with united anymore, f**k it, just get him.
Sometimes you just have to think this!

I guess a lot of players who arrive from overseas could be considered a punt but Dybala would probably be a £70m plus punt. Like you from the outside looking in he has tonnes of talent but you do wonder how Juve couldn’t fit in Dybala and Ronaldo if he is the real deal? I do remember that goal vs Spurs now, I think I may have had similar thoughts on him.

Like you say who knows with United these days. Wouldn’t be surprised if we end up with Bale and pay him about £500k a week!

Sometimes you just have to think this!

I guess a lot of players who arrive from overseas could be considered a punt but Dybala would probably be a £70m plus punt. Like you from the outside looking in he has tonnes of talent but you do wonder how Juve couldn’t fit in Dybala and Ronaldo if he is the real deal? I do remember that goal vs Spurs now, I think I may have had similar thoughts on him.

Like you say who knows with United these days. Wouldn’t be surprised if we end up with Bale and pay him about £500k a week!
Funnily enough, I was saying this to someone in the office this morning, I think we will get Bale on loan and have to pay his massive salary.

But again, who knows what will be best for us at the moment in time, Im done rational thinking now !

If we get Bale then all hope is lost and Woodward has learnt nothing.

Dybala I think is the sacrifice they're having to make for Ronaldo and they can't shift Higuaín either at the moment so they need to move him on to bring money in.

Not sure on the logic of signing a number 10 when we don't play a system with a number 10 if he comes in he needs to be put in the correct position this guy is not a winger he needs to be in the centre as a number 10 or as a number 9. Do we actually know what system Ole wants to play as we've seen 3-5-2, 4-3-1-2 and 4-3-3 so far this season under him and it's hard to tell which one is his favourite would he be a 4-3-3 guy if he had better wingers? If we sign a player like Dybala then we would probably look at him being the number 9 with 2 wide forwards.

I think it's a huge sum of money to be thinking of investing in a player who hasn't quite lived up to the hype yet in my opinion he's a player who might be world class but hasn't yet shown that he is which is why Juventus are prepared to cash in on him.

If the club can move out players like Lukaku & Sanchez then another centre forward is required I'm not convinced this lad is the right one but he might be the one we have to take the gamble on he's only 25 so he's the right age and hopefully he feels he's got something still to prove.

He’d certainly work in a fluid front 3. We’d still need to sign a right sided forward as it would mean pushing Rashford out to the left. Which means we’d have Rashford Martial Sanchez fighting for the left sided space and no one down the right other than Lingard.

I think Ole will stick to a 4-3-3 he needs mobile bodies in that front 6 though. For Ole’s system I think the crucial positions are a CB RW CM ST. RB can wait. Dalot needs to make it his.

Rashford isn’t the man to lead the line he needs to be put back out on the left for now.

Rashford isn’t the man to lead the line he needs to be put back out on the left for now.

He is dreadful on the left though that kid just isn't a wide player if he's not good enough to play in the middle he needs to go back on the bench as earn his place in the centre by playing Europe or cup games next season.

Given the current situation the sensible move is sign a proper player to go on the right of a front 3 with Martial left Rashford centre. I'd probably keep Lukaku & Lingard off the bench, move on Sanchez then look to supplement them with Chong/Greenwood.

Even Rashford terrible down the left though gives us more than Martial and Sanchez down there though.

I’m guessing this summer the club go all in on Sancho as our right sided player.

I think this could be the biggest change at United we’ve seen probably since the summer we let Ince Kanchelskis and Hughes leave.

I think we actually need to be careful we don’t let too many go but we don’t need a massive squad next season. No champions league football and if I’m honest I’d write off the Europa league now. It was nice winning it but let’s not stretch the squad too thinly and focus on domestic competition. Valencia Herrera Mata are gone. Rojo Darmian Matic Sanchez Lukaku Martial are walking the plank. That’s 9 players before you even think about those wanting to go (Pogba DDG) and other deadwood that should go. (Young Bailly Jones).

If the club did let go of Lukaku and Sanchez then it opens up a lot of contract space. And maybe then we could see both Sancho and Dybala come in who shouldn’t be commanding anywhere near the money those two do.

Also on Lukaku (and Sanchez) with their contracts you either have to commit to them being in the starting 11 or let them go. You can’t have Lukaku as your second highest earner and transfer of all time but sitting on the bench waiting for 10 minutes here and there.

I agree

I would just use youth in the Europa. Just dismiss it.

Papers saying we have dropped interest in Sancho after not qualifying for CL.

I'd be looking at a core of about 16/17 players for the league supplemented by the youth team/loan players to play in Europa League.

Europa League I think gives us a chance to have a major cull of the squad whereas if we were in CL we would need to maintain a bigger more experienced squad.

The Europa is a handy back door to the CL which is where the club wants/needs to be but really the group stages should be reserve team stuff.

On Lukaku staying it's a problem him being a high earner on the bench but if he wants to be in the first team he needs to take that spot from the kid who has it just like Rashford took it from him. Don't cry and run away work hard and get it back a fit and firing Lukaku is still a better striker than Rashford he just needs to get his groove back.

I can see Sanchez being loaned out somewhere next season with us paying the bulk of his wages bit like City had to do with some of their players a few years back just get them out of site no one would miss him it sounds like he's as unpopular with the players as he is with the fans.

He's got talent for sure. Does he have the right attitude though?

Can’t say I’m an expert on him but not heard many questions about his attitude the allegation from Juve was more that he was a big game bottler.

Can’t say I’m an expert on him but not heard many questions about his attitude the allegation from Juve was more that he was a big game bottler.

Well he won't have many of those to worry about if he comes here... Not for a few years anyway! ;)

Well he won't have many of those to worry about if he comes here... Not for a few years anyway! ;)

Yep although a big game is now trying to beat Liverpool to stop them winning leagues.

O how the mighty have fallen.

Just read somewhere that the deal would be Dybala and Douglas Costa for Pogba, I cant see that deal happening but would we take that deal ?

I think Utd will hold out for cash if they let him go.

Reports yesterday were Juventus were in talks for Savic from Lazio so with Ramsey already in will they need Pogba?

The Dybala stuff to me sounds like agent talk rather than anything serious as I just don't see where Dybala fits in this team and I don't see why Utd would go for him unless he was being sold cheap because it's clear Juventus want him out but like us they're struggling to get players out.

If Pogba goes and we go to a 4-2-3-1 then he fits in as the number 10 if Pogba stays and we stick with the 4-3-3 system then there's no role for Dybala.

Any rumour that starts with player trades as part of deals instantly rings the BS alarm with me as they are so uncommon.

Were never signing Dybala, lets have it right - you could find rumours about anyone when it comes to man united.

Savic is one that I would of gone for, seemed to have had plenty of criticism this last season yet im sure i read an article about how he won Serie A Midfielder of the year ? Cant of been that bad then

Swap Pogba, sell Lukaku and bring in Dybala and Ndombele would be good business. Costa thrown in, nice.

I do keep reading united are adament they won't sell Pogba this year though.

Were never signing Dybala, lets have it right - you could find rumours about anyone when it comes to man united.

I’m surprised you’re adamant about this. Between the end of January and Juventus wrapping up the title Dybala played 90 minutes three times. Didn’t start any of the 4 European knockout games. And obviously isn’t in contention for the starting line up and that’s before Juventus summer signings.

Then factor in that there is very little interest for him. The only team it looks like we’re battling with for his signature is Liverpool. Can they guarantee him a starting spot in that side like we can?

Also the idea he can’t play in a 4-3-3 I don’t get. He’d enjoy playing in the centre of the 3 with Rashford and Sancho either side of him ;)

I think there's a good chance with Dybala.

Juventus clearly want shot of him plus a few others this summer but the question is do we want actually want him. Utd speculation gets clicks and with no games currently being played it's a different player every day.

My guess is he will be leaving Juventus this summer he probably sees the writing on the wall for him but I guess it'll come down to options the top teams in Europe probably aren't going to be taking him so it'll be looking at the next level down which is currently where we are if we're honest and Utd will be one of the few teams in that bracket who could pay a decent fee and wages.

Also the idea he can’t play in a 4-3-3 I don’t get. He’d enjoy playing in the centre of the 3 with Rashford and Sancho either side of him ;)

I don't want to go back to Rashford on the wing he's terrible on the wing he either plays centre forward or he's on the bench.

I know it's controversial but lets buy wingers to play on the wings and strikers to play in the middle.

I think if we lose Lukaku we should go for him, if we are keeping Lukaku then don't bother.

A few months ago Lukaku spoke about wanting to play in Italy, which struck me as being weird at the time, not a particulary strong league with racism problems. Maybe this has been brewing for a while

as for the formation, I like IDFD idea, they can all swap accross the front three.

I’m surprised you’re adamant about this. Between the end of January and Juventus wrapping up the title Dybala played 90 minutes three times. Didn’t start any of the 4 European knockout games. And obviously isn’t in contention for the starting line up and that’s before Juventus summer signings.

Then factor in that there is very little interest for him. The only team it looks like we’re battling with for his signature is Liverpool. Can they guarantee him a starting spot in that side like we can?

No mate I dont doubt what you are saying, his playing time has been shortened hugely since big Ron turned up.

Just really doubt we will get him, looks to me like Atletico Madrid will be after him, Griezmann seemingly already gone to Barca and they will have plenty of money to bring Dybala in.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That escalated quickly. Dybala for Lukaku, I know who’s getting the rough end of that deal!

If it does happen, Juve losing Dybala and Kean in one week and buying Lukaku. Juve fans must think it’s some cruel joke.

If we are going to 4-2-3-1 then Dybala fits in as the number 10 if Pogba drops back into the 2 he will need a very high energy centre defensive centre mid next to him but with a Dybala style number 10 he might be happy playing a little deeper like he does for France.

I think it’s win win for both sides both losing a player they don’t want and gaining something they do need both players arrive with something to prove.

Utd have to stay strong with Dybala and wages though happy to take him but we can’t put him on silly moneyas he hasn’t earned that here.

While I would say a 4-2-3-1 would probably be the way to go, I wouldn’t discount Dybala being used on the right. He’s played there for Juventus a fair bit amongst other positions. I think he would have licence to roam as well. I still don’t particular trust Pogba in a two especially without a high class guy next to him.

Obviously this is all in the early stages I would say but I would be excited to see Dybala and would very much hope he does better than the Argentinians before him especially the last douche bag!

I like Dybala, think he's a cracking player BUT... can he adapt to the PL? And more importantly is he going to work hard for a team who apparently he's not exactly desperate to join?

I like Dybala, think he's a cracking player BUT... can he adapt to the PL? And more importantly is he going to work hard for a team who apparently he's not exactly desperate to join?

This is the big question does he really want to come here the manager if he comes needs to stoke the fire inside him and say go on the pitch and prove those that don’t believe in you wrong you can’t just let him sulk.

Lukaku also needs to agree to the Juve switch it’s hard to see in a Sarri system how they play 2 strikers my guess is with a diamond with Ronaldo alongside Lukaku as neither are going wide but then surely a guy like Dybala is perfect in behind the 2 strikers. It sounds to me like Juventus want him out to raise cash the manager will be told he has to tell him to go and that might make him force it.

My concern is if he comes here how long before he wants out because if you don’t want to be somewhere you can force moves quite easily as a player. With Di Maria it lasted 6 months the only difference is our manager probably has better people skills than LVG and Dybala doesn’t really have another choice although Spurs are rumoured to be interested.

My concern is if he comes here how long before he wants out because if you don’t want to be somewhere you can force moves quite easily as a player. With Di Maria it lasted 6 months the only difference is our manager probably has better people skills than LVG and Dybala doesn’t really have another

And this is my worry. How committed will he be? The noises are he actually wants to stay so that's a concern.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back