Paul Scholes: Man Utd players and Louis Van Gaal 'look bored'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Man Utd players look bored - Scholes

Manchester United's players and manager Louis van Gaal "look bored" and are "going through the motions", says the club's former midfielder Paul Scholes.

Van Gaal's side laboured to a 1-0 FA Cup win over Sheffield United - failing to register a first-half goal for the 10th home match in a row.

"There just seems to be an acceptance of bad performances," Scholes told BT Sport.

"Every time you come to Old Trafford you see negative football."

United lie fifth in the Premier League, but have managed just 12 goals in 10 home matches.

"The players looked bored themselves," Scholes said. "There's no spirit, there's nobody having a go at each other, there's no smiling, there's no entertainment.

"I think even Van Gaal on the bench looks bored, but he'll come out and say he's happy.

"People need digging out sometimes. You need to make something happen."

While Van Gaal's side avoided a replay thanks to Wayne Rooney's stoppage-time penalty, Scholes said the performance against Sheffield United was unacceptable.

"They didn't create a chance, had to win a game against a League One side with a penalty in the 94th minute," Scholes said.

"In my eyes it's not good enough."

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

For once I agree with scholes. The players look uninterested. The manager looks uninterested. Giggsy looks plain bored. The fans look pretty bored. Something needs to change.

Scholes is showing more passion then anyone on the pitch.

Bang on the money from Scholes. Agree with everything he said in that interview.

To be fair I think Scholes has been spot on with most things he says...

I've been frustrated with how defensive of Rooney he has been but other than that he is clearly a passionate fan who wants more.

Can anybody honestly say they've enjoyed watching us this season? The odd game maybe but on the whole it's been pretty dire. And ultimately isn't that the point of supporting a team? That you enjoy it?

The players do look bored, LVG looks lifeless and Giggs looks like he wants out asap. In fact I heard that when we scored our third yesterday, Giggs had a look of thunder? I don't know if that's true but if it is then it's almost as if he's hoping we drop points to get rid of the manager? It can't be true but he certainly doesn't look like he's enjoying his time as assistant manager or learning much.

Scholes might not have the same talent as a pundit that dear Nev had but when it comes to United he talks a lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back