Paul Pogba: Real Madrid a dream club but I'm happy at Man Utd

It all went downhill for him in that second season he'd made an ok start in his first season nothing ground breaking but he'd done ok but second season he was dreadful. Came back from the world cup in a right mess physically and his confidence just disappeared the fans lost faith in him whole thing snowballed and he obviously had to go.

I do think there was talk of a big falling out between Lukaku and Pogba when Lukaku signed for us they'd spent the summer on holiday together and seemed to be good pals but it all turned a bit sour get the impression they're not good mates anymore.

He's been pretty clear for about 2 years that he wants to leave I don't really know why anyone remains surprised.

The only reason he's still here is because teams capable of buying him are broke but it doesn't really sound like the big boys in Spain want him so unless Juventus or PSG come up with some cash from somewhere he's probably stuck with us for another 2 years until his contract runs out.

The only way top clubs will pay is if he finds his best form consistently because right now he's not worth the hassle and that's coming from someone who is a fan of his.

If we said today he's available at £60m do you think anyone would want to take him?

On current form he doesn't even get in our best 11.

Honestly we'd struggle as there's only a handful of clubs that can pay that and on top of that you've got his agents fee plus his wages he'll still want £300k a week for another 5 years.

Thing is with him you're not paying for potential anymore this is what the potential has become he's no better now at 27 than he was when he came at 23 if anything he's possibly got worse. The lack of discipline especially when he loses the ball just throwing up his hands and not recovering is still there he should really have that out of his game by now.

Next summer he's got 1 year left on the contract Utd will do well to get £50m for him even if he does start playing better just don't think teams are going to be that interested in him.

I think the best we could hope for is around 30m and maybe a player thrown in if we can find one we want that they are prepared to release.

He's been pretty clear for about 2 years that he wants to leave I don't really know why anyone remains surprised.
He said about a month ago he'd like a new deal. He changes his mind like the wind.

And no, I don't think anyone will pay 60m for him. On his day he's a 100m+ player, but that is about once a season.

he'll go on a free

He said about a month ago he'd like a new deal. He chanes his mind like the wind.

And no, I don't think anyone will pay 60m for him. On his day he's a 100m+ player, but that is about once a season.

he'll go on a free
He certainly will, thats the only way he gets his move elsewhere as no club will be able to pay a big fee plus the colossal wage he will demand.

He most certainly runs his contract down and leaves, he's given no club any reason to spend a significant chunk of money on him.

He said about a month ago he'd like a new deal. He chanes his mind like the wind.

he'll go on a free

Did he say that or did people just report that?

There was lots of talk about Pogba post lockdown being all happy and wanting a new deal but very little came from him he just gave the usual neutral stuff he always gives there was no direct I want to sign a new deal and stay here.

The only quotes I see from his agent were back in August saying Pogba is a key player at Utd and he expects talks of a new contract to commence soon.

This is what he said last week

“Many things have been said,” Pogba told a news conference on Thursday at France’s training camp, the day after their 7-1 friendly win over Ukraine. “Of course, every footballer would love to play for Real Madrid and would dream about that. It’s a dream of mine, so why not one day?

“But I’m at Manchester United and I love my club. I play for Manchester United, I want to perform well for them and do everything to get them back to where they deserve to be.”

Pogba has been a constant headache. He's capable of the sublime but his overall play just doesn't merit his inclusion. We should have cashed in before the Covid crash. He will end up going to someone for peanuts at the end of his contract, some other club will be guardedly welcoming him, like us with Cavani. I think he's already on the downslope past his peak, which is sad for football in general but also for United in particular because we never saw him play his best football for us, and we never got the dream we chased.

Pogba should really be in his prime years now at the age of 27 but I just don't see him becoming what we had hoped for anymore. Hopefully we will find a buyer so we can take another step forward from our horrible period.
The occasional genius displays just arent enough.

The sooner we can get Pogba out of the club the better, he hasn't been a success, current form is rotten and not worth the circus he brings with him. Fergie was right about him all those years ago, he's a merc in the Anelka mode.

So what is actually happening here? Is Pogba being shown he is no longer top dog? Is he simply dropped due to poor performance? Is it tactical? Surely he will not be happy to be dropped for a CL game against top European opposition, and we know what happens when he is not happy!! he sulks and doesnt perform.

Play well you get picked don’t play well you don’t.

Think the message is clear your spot isn’t guaranteed you have to earn it there’s proper competition now.

He had a starting spot and he’s lost it and to be fair the lads who came in for him and Matic have put them to shame.

He’s done well when he’s come on in the last 2 games if and when he gets a start he needs to show he can dictate games from the start and that means being switched on for 90 minutes.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back